Anyone else feel the same?

Ziebol

I've read in a couple threads now that T-Mart isn't performing like he used to or he's underwhelming,not making the big plays.

To me this is seriously false. I think T-Mart has matured to a perfect QB for what we are running. No longer does it solely rely on his legs and arm to get us out of trouble. He can finally relax and let the amazing core of running backs and wide receivers take over the game all the while still being that amazing athlete that can gash an opposing D when they get to comfortable. I am more proud of Taylor having a couple runs here and there instead of the 100plus yard games where the burden is all on him to make the offense click. He is indeed the main cog and should be feared by all defensive coordinator but now we are seeing him take a step back and let the others step up. I'd take this potentially amazing offense over any year in Taylors career.

I'm not concerned with Taylor exlusively. The whole offense seems a little inconsistent and rusty at times. Though, when we decide to buckle down and impose our will, we do what we want. I think the rustiness stems from poor starting field position right of the bat both games combined with being "too cute" to start each game. I dont know. I have a feeling the books gonna be opened to the fullest and Taylor's gonna be thoroughly unleashed next week. It's a dimension we havent had to use yet, and one that just being there is enough to put just that extra added bit of stress on a D.

• Fire 2

Right there with you. When Taylor first came in our offense was entirely reliant on him, and it came back to bite us at the end of the season because he was completely worn out. Now we have weapons all over, Taylor doesn't feel the need to throw a touchdown every play, or run 80 yards he knows he has the guys to finish off drives on his side. Not concerned about Taylor at all.

I think the offense has such potential to be totally dominant...but issues that may leave them mired in this flashes of Jekyll, spells of hide thing knapplc referred to in the 'What we learned' thread. Maybe they'll be able to really put everything together, but I don't know. It may be a tall task. But having an offense that has the ability to score from any point of the field at any time, that's not so bad, either.

Taylor has matured quite a bit, there's no doubt about that. What concerns me at times his is indecisiveness to run the ball when the pocket starts collapsing. It's as if he's hoping to still make the play somehow with his arm. It's like he wants to run the ball but doesn't to prove a point. It's worked so far with relative success but when we hit conference play, he may not get so lucky. What is nice, I no longer cringe now when he throws the ball downfield. His accuracy has improved quite a bit. Burtch's TD catch is evidence of that. I'm happy with Taylor's performance so far overall.

Yeah, he hasn't lit anything up yet, aside from 6 yd passes in two games

But over the last 3 full seasons we all know what he is capable of.

I hope he continues to spread the ball around and lull the opposition onto not accounting for him. At any moment he can run for 85 or lead a team to a td w a minute to play.

Just don't fumble or throw stupid picks.

I've read in a couple threads now that T-Mart isn't performing like he used to or he's underwhelming,not making the big plays.

Taylor always tried to make the big plays, this year its less about him and more about the offense. He is learning that he doesn't always have to force the big play, but depend on smaller chunks and use other weapons around him.

Bo continually makes remarks about him growing up, understanding that he does not have to be the whole offense, it has been a requirement. I also think we are doing a lot of plain jane stuff during these two games. I look for more from him and the offense next week, I think it is a good situation to have.