Game 3 "Expert" Picks: UCLA vs. Nebraska

ADS

We have shown in the first two games the ability to hold onto the football accept for a true frosh. As I say this I am knocking on wood. (Feel free to OOC quote that post)

Cross fumbled as well but we recovered it. Martinez was credited with a fumble on the fourth down against Wyoming although he was pretty piled up and it didn't change the outcome of the play.

... and surprise everyone except me.

Everyone except you, the experts in this thread, and about half of HuskerBoard?

Let me guess, when we win, you'll be here quoting that post with "I told you so" right?

:rolleyes:

All those people think the Huskers are going to blow out UCLA?

Check the prediction thread my man

I thought we were talking about the experts here...I don't read huskerboard predictions...I'll take your word for it :)

So you make a prediction not in the thread specifically made for predictions?

Everyone except you, the experts in this thread, and about half of HuskerBoard?

Let me guess, when we win, you'll be here quoting that post with "I told you so" right?

:rolleyes:

All those people think the Huskers are going to blow out UCLA?

Check the prediction thread my man

I thought we were talking about the experts here...I don't read huskerboard predictions...I'll take your word for it :)

So you make a prediction not in the thread specifically made for predictions?

Wouldn't be the first time somebody has went on a tangent in a thread.

• Fire 1

What Will Happen: Nebraska is flawed. UCLA is focused. The Bruins have had two weeks to prepare for a Husker defense that still has a long way to go before achieving consistency. With Hundley in charge, the visitors will keep the sticks moving and the scoreboard changing. Nebraska can certainly hang with UCLA offensively, but not for 60 minutes. Barr and Kendricks will eventually do something disruptive that jars the ball loose and changes the tenor of the game. The Bruins are the more complete team right now, which will be the difference in the compelling Week 3 undercard to Alabama-Texas A&M.

Prediction: UCLA 41 … Nebraska 34

Line: Nebraska -4.5 – O/U: 71

Must See Rating: (5 Boardwalk Empire – 1 Teen Beach Movie) … 4.5

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1325254.html

Given the tragic events this week involving the UCLA players, I don't know if an argument can be made for them being focused.....

I agree I guess I don't see how this "expert" can say NU is flawed and UCLA will be focused. No one but UCLA can say whether they will be focused or not. I see lots of flaws in UCLA also.

Nebraska had 4 bad games on defense, UCLA was statistically worse than NU at defense last year. That means they consistently gave up more yards than NU did every game.

• Fire 2

Benning said this morning that UCLA couldn't find hotel rooms in Omaha on thursday so they are forced to show up on Friday night stay in Omaha and bus to Lincoln the next morning. Say they get up at 5, that's 3 their time!!! This is a huge advantage don't care what Mora says, no one but us waterfowl hunters are used to getting up at 3 or 4.

Benning said this morning that UCLA couldn't find hotel rooms in Omaha on thursday so they are forced to show up on Friday night stay in Omaha and bus to Lincoln the next morning. Say they get up at 5, that's 3 their time!!! This is a huge advantage don't care what Mora says, no one but us waterfowl hunters are used to getting up at 3 or 4.

I hope they have, no duck hunters

Until I see otherwise I have a feeling we will sh#t the bed. I wish it wasn't true but our defense scares the hell out of me. Is it bad that I will be more shocked by a win than a loss? I will keep my hopes as high as possible, but I am extremely worried. GBR