Game 3 "Expert" Picks: UCLA vs. Nebraska

ADS

I don't complain about everything....but i see coaches who have less head coaching experience than Bo and they already have a BCS bowl win under their belt and just feels like Bo is never going to get there if he hasn't already.

Please, I want to see this list. Are you talking about a Michigan team that back doored into a win? Who else?

Are you going to acquire one of this coaches?

Please, do us a favor, bite a curb.

I've posted this list before. I'm not talking about Michigan. Coaching climate has changed and you aren't going to find many tenured coaches at one spot anymore because of it. When you coach at a school with multiple national championships you get even less time. Coaches are lucky they even get a full 4 years before they are fired now a days. Bo just doesn't have many signatures wins against good opponents. Beating UCLA will help but he has to continue that but if we lose that seat will get hotter. If UCLA stomps us there will be more serious talks about firing Bo at the end of the season. I want Bo to win and succeed but can't keep a coach who can't deliver just because you like him.

I think we pick on their secondary quite a bit in the game and TMart throws wild on them. Then they adjust and we run wild on them. I think this one goes Nebraska's way and we blow them out and surprise everyone except me.

I'm gonna go with this. Many Husker fans are shell shocked by D busts and turnovers in the past but it is a new year and UCLA is worse than they were last year and they're on the road this time. My guess is that the Huskers put up a solid 4 qtr game and get a decent win.

No one who knows anything about UCLA would say that they are worse than last year. They have more quality depth at ALL positions.

Well, we aren't as familiar with your team as you are. But you might also be slightly biased, as of course we are also about our team. Even with better depth at every position, UCLA could be better or worse than last year. Early in the season I suspect you're a bit worse after losing some key guys. I also think you executed very well last season, and that isn't easily duplicated year after year.

Watching the TCU/TT game they are talking about NU struggles on defense. Our D has got to be tired of hearing this and have to want to make a statement

This team has all the reason in the world to play better. They face constant scrutiny, whether warranted or not. It's time they stop looking for motivation and use what they have to create a better product, and that's from the top down.

I stick with my original statement. UCLA has more good players this year at every position. On top of that all of the young players who started against Nebraska last year have a one more year of experience. Yes, we lost Fauria and Franklin but I think the newcomers who did not play last year will make up for the loss. There is more depth in the OL, the DL, the LB corps, and the WR corps. Most importantly, Hundley has a year of experience behind him.

The two question marks at the start of this year were the running backs and the secondary. In the Nevada game both groups played well. I can't predict with certainty that they will do that again this Saturday - obviously Nevada is not Nebraska. But I do believe that UCLA has more talent than Nebraska. Especially more overall team speed. Whether that translates to a Bruin win I do not know. I certainly hope so.

There is no way that UCLA is worse than last year.

I stick with my original statement. UCLA has more good players this year at every position. On top of that all of the young players who started against Nebraska last year have a one more year of experience. Yes, we lost Fauria and Franklin but I think the newcomers who did not play last year will make up for the loss. There is more depth in the OL, the DL, the LB corps, and the WR corps. Most importantly, Hundley has a year of experience behind him.

The two question marks at the start of this year were the running backs and the secondary. In the Nevada game both groups played well. I can't predict with certainty that they will do that again this Saturday - obviously Nevada is not Nebraska. But I do believe that UCLA has more talent than Nebraska. Especially more overall team speed. Whether that translates to a Bruin win I do not know. I certainly hope so.

There is no way that UCLA is worse than last year.

You'd be surprised.... In 2010 you guys had a better recruiting class, in 2011 we did, in 2012 we did again, and in 2013 you had a better class again. It's not as big of a gap as you'd think. We've focused on team speed quite a bit lately - granted our speed is inexperienced on D, but on offense it is certainly experienced and relevant. (Our depth chart on O is going to be BONKERS next year. Off track, yes, but it literally makes me tingle in my pants. Out of context thread?)

I think both teams are better than last year. How much better is the question? IF Nebraska made significant strides on defense, I don't see how UCLA hangs with them. Considering we hung around with you guys last year and we were a complete disgrace to the state of Nebraska defensively and offensively, we really weren't that great either. 10% on 3rd down and had the ball for 20 minutes? Pathetic. Easily one of our worst games of the year, we should've lost Wiscy/tOSU style but for some reason UCLA couldn't put us away.

I think overall their recruiting class ranking was quite a bit higher every year except for one where you did not take a full class. More 5 and 4 star by far. Who knows how that plays out, but they are getting closer to knowing these kids long before they ever are old enough to play. Our advantage is playing at home, not quite as early as the Bruins have to. The extra game I think helped us, but who knows.

I have no idea of what to expect Saturday, just hope it is a good game, no one gets hurt badly. And most of all, your fans had a good time in Nebraska.

I don't complain about everything....but i see coaches who have less head coaching experience than Bo and they already have a BCS bowl win under their belt and just feels like Bo is never going to get there if he hasn't already.

Please, I want to see this list. Are you talking about a Michigan team that back doored into a win? Who else?

Are you going to acquire one of this coaches?

Please, do us a favor, bite a curb.

I've posted this list before. I'm not talking about Michigan. Coaching climate has changed and you aren't going to find many tenured coaches at one spot anymore because of it. When you coach at a school with multiple national championships you get even less time. Coaches are lucky they even get a full 4 years before they are fired now a days. Bo just doesn't have many signatures wins against good opponents. Beating UCLA will help but he has to continue that but if we lose that seat will get hotter. If UCLA stomps us there will be more serious talks about firing Bo at the end of the season. I want Bo to win and succeed but can't keep a coach who can't deliver just because you like him.

No you don't. Every post seems as if you hate being a Husker fan. Just admit you don't like anything about our program right now and you'll never be happy.

It would be one thing if you were like some logical posters where you said "I think 9-4 is where we will be because of this this and that." I have begun to at least see where posters like that are coming from. But you never do. You don't back anything you say with anything but your theory that "Bo Pelini is horrible."

Go back and get some facts then we will talk.