Beck cost us this game

I think Taylor is hurt, bad wheel and upper body injury. Seems afraid of contact, or at least down a step from his take it on the chin attitude. That puts him in a bad situation and Beck for that matter. Unfortunately none of us will know for certain. Secretively of this program makes it hard. Some times injuries are excuses and should be used.

A tough game today, had hoped for a lot better.

The next poster who thinks the problem was Nebraska abandoning the running game should resign from all future football analysis. Seriously.

Start of the 3rd quarter we did, not the whole game. First three drives of 3rd quarter-

3 rushes/11 passes

6.75 average distance to go on 3rd down

5 minutes of clock used on these three drives combined

Take it for what you will. Maybe it means something to some people to others it means nothing. Just something to think about.

Edit- 38 total yards on these 3 drives

I think Taylor is hurt, bad wheel and upper body injury. Seems afraid of contact, or at least down a step from his take it on the chin attitude. That puts him in a bad situation and Beck for that matter. Unfortunately none of us will know for certain. Secretively of this program makes it hard. Some times injuries are excuses and should be used.

Martinez has been an atrocious running QB since his sophomore season. He runs up to defensive players like a kid running to his parents after coming home from a 4 week summer camp. He stands up just as he's about to be hit, which makes it even worse. He needs to never play QB again.

The next poster who thinks the problem was Nebraska abandoning the running game should resign from all future football analysis. Seriously.

Let's put it this way: ANYTHING ELSE (including running right at UCLA and trying to get some push, some momentum and some rhythm in an abandoned running game) wouldn't have done any worse than what happened the second half. Here's the math:

ANYTHING ELSE WHAT WE DID

WHAT WE DID = 0

Seriously...

Martinez has been an atrocious running QB since his sophomore season. He runs up to defensive players like a kid running to his parents after coming home from a 4 week summer camp. He stands up just as he's about to be hit, which makes it even worse. He needs to never play QB again.

I lol'd, thanks. Sometimes the truth is funny.

Beck is just one of many entities that cost us this game along with the "non defense" after that blown the sack in the 2nd quarter, the terrible special teams (both on punting and receiving punts made for bad field position all day) and also not 1 player stepping up and just making a dang play to stop the momentum shift! There were plenty of opportunities for an individual player to step up and just simply MAKE A PLAY but no one did and the land slide just kept sliding. And that is what I think is one of the biggest problems on this team......they have no player on either side of the ball that has that "it" factor.........that will step up, take the team on their back and MAKE something happen despite a bad play called or a bad defense called. We haven't had that kind of player for a few years and it shows. It's what turns a athletic good football player into a GREAT football player.....Nebraska has none of them right now.....at least none that get playing time :hmmph

I can't find an excuse in my Book of Excuses right now to help relish this knot in my stomach today. We were simply out coached today, on both sides of the ball. Playing conservative midway through the 2nd quarter is moronic. The play calling on defense is just as moronic towards the end of the 2nd quarter, and beyond that. I have never been closer to the "get rid of Bo wagon" as I am right now. I don't think that is the right thing to do, but change is needed. Its needed BAD! I have spent a lot of time in my garage to relieve stress and the disbelief in what I think is the worst football I have seen. Even worse than Wisconsin, IMO. Another MELTDOWN on NATIONAL television. Good luck on any other good coverage throughout this schedule.

Our roster if full of talent. Even if we had Suh, David, Amukamara, Dennard and Gomez, we would still have the same result that we had today. How many times are we going to be out coached? Bo is obvously out of his element on play calling. We have speed, athleticism and TALENT, and we don't bring pressure still? We run the ball well, and we stop running for some reason? 3rd and short, we don't give it to Cross? 4th down and we have a LINEMAN back to receive a fake, rather than a TE? None of these are guarantees to work, but I just don't get it. I am honestly lost on my thoughts, just like the coaches were today.

I don't know where 2 start.

I don't think anyone needs 2 be fired.

I think Beck could have tried to grind out some first downs in the 3rd quarter instead of throwing the ball too much, I think he got too cute. i think this was his worst game as OC and I think he will get better.

I think the D played pretty well for being so young. The offense has to help them out and keep them off the field. I know they gave up a lot of yards today. That is going to happen when they are on the field that long, but they showed me improvement.

I don't know what's wrong with Martinez, I guess he didn't turn the ball over, but this seemed like the worst game I have seen him play in a long time.

• Fire 1

If we're gonna operate an offense with this princible, then put Kellogg at qb. He throws a better ball and is more primed for that type of offense. Taylor is a dual threat qb, and Beck single handidly stopped Taylor's running ability. I just dont get it.

Exactly why take away what Taylor does best.

The problem with beck is the same problem with Bo. I think they both have good football minds, and can be very innovative. However, neither one ever seems to learn and grow from their mistakes. They continue to follow the same patterns of mistakes time after time. If they were actually growing I would be a lot more patient, but it seems like both of them are convinced their "genius" is infallible.

i think this was his worst game as OC and I think he will get better.

What do you see or why do you feel that Beck will get better as an offensive coordinator?

People don't always learn from their mistakes, oft times they repeat them. Sorry if I sound confrontational, but Beck seems to be a repeater, not a learner.

I think that has been confirmed by the opponents after game comments. Knew exactly what we were going to do. No adjustments needed. Most of the kids have been playing long enough to know that adjustments need to be made. May be causing the disconnect, lack of faith in the staff's ability to put them in a winning position. Some poor coaching some mental shortcomings.

I think that has been confirmed by the opponents after game comments. Knew exactly what we were going to do. No adjustments needed. Most of the kids have been playing long enough to know that adjustments need to be made. May be causing the disconnect, lack of faith in the staff's ability to put them in a winning position. Some poor coaching some mental shortcomings.

To go along with my comment in another thread, I think there is some of that creeping in. Instead of the coaching staff developing a base scheme that the players execute well, then adjusting if necessary, they consistently try to develop a new base scheme for what they see on film of the opponents. They need to fine tune what they do well, and impose THEIR will on the opponent versus trying to constantly out think them or reactively try to scheme on the fly. Have some things in the back pocket (obviously they wouldn't be as fine tuned as their main scheme) for when the inevitable adjustment is needed.