We may never recover.

Ulty

After a loss like this, just about every single person starts their own thread to analyze the matter. How annoying. I'm going to do the same thing.

I don't think NU recovers from this. I'm not saying we'll go rapidly downhill (any further than we are), but we may not get better. There are plenty of threads suggesting that Pelini and Co. need to go, and suggesting who the next coach should be. I don't have an answer or even a guess, but I predict that we won't get anyone who will blow our minds. NU will be competing with the likes of Texas and USC for new coaches, meaning for any superstar coaches out there, NU will be 3rd fiddle at best. For anyone who is left who has strong Nebraska ties, out in the coaching ranks right now are Frost, Bohl, Gill, and Solich.

If Pelini stays, and at 9 wins per season, he just might, I don't think any of us have confidence that he will get any better than what he has already shown in 5+ years. He is what he is. And without that confidence or fire, we may keep up 9 wins per based on patsies alone, but there won't be enough optimism to bring in the recruits or assistants to get us over the hump.

I had the same feeling two years ago early in the 3rd quarter again Ohio State. NU is going to get blown out, have a bad season, and Bo will either never improve, or else he'll get fired and we won't be able to find a great replacement. The end of NU football as we know it, except for the memories. However, the miraculous come back that night restored the faith, at least temporarily. I don't know if that faith can be restored now, and I don't know if we are going to get any better.

At least the 90s can never be taken away from us. The memories have become greater than the dreams.

After a loss like this, just about every single person starts their own thread to analyze the matter. How annoying. I'm going to do the same thing.

I don't think NU recovers from this. I'm not saying we'll go rapidly downhill (any further than we are), but we may not get better. There are plenty of threads suggesting that Pelini and Co. need to go, and suggesting who the next coach should be. I don't have an answer or even a guess, but I predict that we won't get anyone who will blow our minds. NU will be competing with the likes of Texas and USC for new coaches, meaning for any superstar coaches out there, NU will be 3rd fiddle at best. For anyone who is left who has strong Nebraska ties, out in the coaching ranks right now are Frost, Bohl, Gill, and Solich.

If Pelini stays, and at 9 wins per season, he just might, I don't think any of us have confidence that he will get any better than what he has already shown in 5+ years. He is what he is. And without that confidence or fire, we may keep up 9 wins per based on patsies alone, but there won't be enough optimism to bring in the recruits or assistants to get us over the hump.

I had the same feeling two years ago early in the 3rd quarter again Ohio State. NU is going to get blown out, have a bad season, and Bo will either never improve, or else he'll get fired and we won't be able to find a great replacement. The end of NU football as we know it, except for the memories. However, the miraculous come back that night restored the faith, at least temporarily. I don't know if that faith can be restored now, and I don't know if we are going to get any better.

At least the 90s can never be taken away from us. The memories have become greater than the dreams.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard today, and I teach high school. Talk about blowing something ouit of proportion.

• Fire 3

i think people are underestimating how truly pathetic the B1G is. we will beat mich. st. and probably even nw. mich. is a tossup. we will finish with 9, maybe 10, wins.

has bo's recruiting classes not been getting better?

i still think patience is our best course of action. once it is obvious that the problems are unfixable, nebraska has the money to bring in top coaching talent if necessary.

Nebraska has the fan support, the booster support and the financial support to do just about whatever the hell they want. No, we may not haul in an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but those guys were once nobodies. And as I said, we have the financial means to pay any good coach and keep them here just as well as the Alabama's and Texas' of the world.

Furthermore, I think Shawn Eichorst is an absolute heck of an athletic director. He was a really good hire imho, and I feel confident that if he makes a decision in the future, it'll be for the betterment of the program.

Husker fans were so spoiled, I know I was. I was at UNL during the amazing run in the 90s. Heck I used to sell my tickets because I knew all the games were going to be a beat down and I just wanted to party. Bama was down, way down, for about 10 years or so and now look at them. NU is not even in the same ballpark of how bad Bama was at that time. My real concern is that it just doesn't feel like NU is getting closer to turning the corner. That is the part that bothers me. That and Lincoln was a ghost town by 3pm on Saturday and that is sad.