We may never recover.

Ulty

agreed. What is weird is that NU is, essentially, no longer a "football" school. Football is still emphasized... but to warrant being a football school in the sense of having a nationally competitive program... the results of the last decade plus a few --- coupled with the current trajectory makes it impossible to call NU any longer a football school. It is an historic football program... but no longer a football school.

agree...so what to we have to lose?...Bo Pelini.....hell, anyone we bring in should be able to beat the patsies and hang 8 wins each year...you guys are afraid of your own damn shadows....

this simply is not true. i am sure mich. thought that when they brought in rich rod. and nd with weis.

of course...and they ditched them too...my point, keep looking for the right guy...like M and ND...

or do should we get used to 3-4 blow outs each season? wtf???

agreed. What is weird is that NU is, essentially, no longer a "football" school. Football is still emphasized... but to warrant being a football school in the sense of having a nationally competitive program... the results of the last decade plus a few --- coupled with the current trajectory makes it impossible to call NU any longer a football school. It is an historic football program... but no longer a football school.

agree...so what to we have to lose?...Bo Pelini.....hell, anyone we bring in should be able to beat the patsies and hang 8 wins each year...you guys are afraid of your own damn shadows....

this simply is not true. i am sure mich. thought that when they brought in rich rod. and nd with weis.

of course...and they ditched them too...my point, keep looking for the right guy...like M and ND...

Pretty much the mindset of society today.If its broke,throw it away and get something else.Instead of finding the problem,and working hard to fix it.Why not just throw money at the best high school players,like other schools do.Its all about winning at any cost,so we can feel better about ourselves and have bragging rights.They wanted to run Tom Osborne out too in the beginning.Now he's a legend.

• Fire 1

Because we might be able to be more successful sooner if the guy tweaks his staff with experienced coaches in the right places. That coupled with him allowing them to do their jobs might fix the problem and keep the recruiting sides of things stable. The guy runs a clean program, you don't hear our players in the news left and right, we graduate our players, etc that's HUGE with how much negative crap is going on behind closed doors in most programs. I'm willing to give him a chance IF he makes changes to his staff because of these things. If he is still unsuccessful after that then we have a problem.........

Because we might be able to be more successful sooner if the guy tweaks his staff with experienced coaches in the right places. That coupled with him allowing them to do their jobs might fix the problem and keep the recruiting sides of things stable. The guy runs a clean program, you don't hear our players in the news left and right, we graduate our players, etc that's HUGE with how much negative crap is going on behind closed doors in most programs. I'm willing to give him a chance IF he makes changes to his staff because of these things. If he is still unsuccessful after that then we have a problem.........

but he has tweeked his staff --- that is how we have the DC and OC that are there now... among others. Tweeking of the staff has been fairly common thing here under Bo. So... he has already done this and is still unsuccessful and we have a problem. How many tweeks does he get before we look for the common denominator?

• Fire 1

not sure how you inferred that from what i said. i am not saying bo should not be on a short leash. but time might be a better commodity to grant right now than money.

i think people are underestimating how truly pathetic the B1G is. we will beat mich. st. and probably even nw. mich. is a tossup. we will finish with 9, maybe 10, wins.

has bo's recruiting classes not been getting better?

i still think patience is our best course of action. once it is obvious that the problems are unfixable, nebraska has the money to bring in top coaching talent if necessary.

This is probably the most logical thing I've read since the game. I really wonder if joining the B1G wasn't TO's parting gift to Bo? I mean it's the conference we made the most fun of maybe other than the Big East for quite some time. I don't think we're in any other position than to maintain patience. While Nebraska does have the money to bring in a top coach, I rather doubt we open up the purse strings to draw a top tier coach.

After a loss like this, just about every single person starts their own thread to analyze the matter. How annoying. I'm going to do the same thing.

I don't think NU recovers from this. I'm not saying we'll go rapidly downhill (any further than we are), but we may not get better. There are plenty of threads suggesting that Pelini and Co. need to go, and suggesting who the next coach should be. I don't have an answer or even a guess, but I predict that we won't get anyone who will blow our minds. NU will be competing with the likes of Texas and USC for new coaches, meaning for any superstar coaches out there, NU will be 3rd fiddle at best. For anyone who is left who has strong Nebraska ties, out in the coaching ranks right now are Frost, Bohl, Gill, and Solich.

If Pelini stays, and at 9 wins per season, he just might, I don't think any of us have confidence that he will get any better than what he has already shown in 5+ years. He is what he is. And without that confidence or fire, we may keep up 9 wins per based on patsies alone, but there won't be enough optimism to bring in the recruits or assistants to get us over the hump.

I had the same feeling two years ago early in the 3rd quarter again Ohio State. NU is going to get blown out, have a bad season, and Bo will either never improve, or else he'll get fired and we won't be able to find a great replacement. The end of NU football as we know it, except for the memories. However, the miraculous come back that night restored the faith, at least temporarily. I don't know if that faith can be restored now, and I don't know if we are going to get any better.

At least the 90s can never be taken away from us. The memories have become greater than the dreams.

scared.gif

We may never recover.

I think this after every really bad hangover. But Tylenol always seems to help. Therefore, I think heavy drug usage may be the only solution to this Husker hangover. :lol:

are you proposing steroids? for shame!

I was thinking recreational. But that could work too! :lol:

TO not getting over the hump was a national title

Bo not getting over the hump is winning vs a ranked opponent outside the conference

BIG DIFFERENCE

TO was the best CFB coach of the modern era. Having said that... TO had a couple of monkeys on his back... Barry Switzer and a bowl game losing streak. TO overcame the bowl game losing streak.

If you remember, it took a while to do that.