Final Record? What's the "magic" number?

Obviously, the butthurt person who released this recording of Bo is some vindictive person who is angry about the UCLA meltdown and the rough start to the year. I'm sure we can all agree that if Bo has a strong year, no one will care. So here's my question. What's the number of wins it will take to keep or not keep coach? Here is my prediction: (with included games already)

Wyoming-W

Southern Miss-W

UCLA-L

SDS-W

Illinois-W

Purdue-W

Minnesota-W

Northwestern-L

Michigan-W

Michigan St-L

Penn St-L

Iowa-W

That being said, Mich/MchSt/PSU could all go either way. I expect a 9 game season. I really think less than 9 and this could be Bo's last year.

EDIT: Fixed the UCLA result. I must have been blocking it out as a traumatic memory :(

Obviously, the butthurt person who released this recording of Bo is some vindictive person who is angry about the UCLA meltdown and the rough start to the year. I'm sure we can all agree that if Bo has a strong year, no one will care. So here's my question. What's the number of wins it will take to keep or not keep coach? Here is my prediction: (with included games already)

UCLA-W

:wtf

Bo's fate as the NU head coach may not be connected to a magic number. It could be... I suppose. But factors like public relations, the views of NU boosters on the conduct and character of the coach, the nature of how NU wins or loses (not just if they win or lose), the progress (or lack thereof) of coaching-related problems (lack of team focus, bad adjustments, scheme issues, fundamental issues like tackling technique, etc.) --- all these will factor in. NU will have a reasonably good record... the lack of quality of the opponents ensures this. So... I am not sure that the fate of Bo here is connected to a singular parameter such as number of wins... that will be a factor along with these other factors (and likely more... such as how Bo responds to the AD in this situation.)

That said, if NU were really to stumble and get say only 7 or so wins... that would not play well for Bo... not so much an issue of failing to get a magic number as it would be just another piece of evidence. To win less than 9 with this schedule would be ... unimpressive.

Winning cures a lot of things. Nick Saban can be just as vitriol with the media and sideline demeanor is comparable to Pelini's. And though he's never been caught, I'm sure Saban has had some choice words about fans/media in his time :) .

Obviously, nobody cares about Saban's sideline demeanor anymore, and if an audio tape of Saban came out, not nearly as many people would give a damn either. That man wins championships.

I think if Pelini wants to stay on after this year, they're going to have to have a season comparable to the last five. And an 8-6 or 7-7... I'm not sure what would happen.

The magic number is '1'.

As in, Bo winning B1G Championship #1 for Nebraska. For some folks, it's the only way Bo can atone for missing what some people view as a layup in last year's B1G CCG, and the only way Bo remains in good graces around here. Not saying it's right...but it's more honest than hashing out whether or not 9-3/8-4 is good enough, IMO.

Bo's fate as the NU head coach may not be connected to a magic number. It could be... I suppose. But factors like public relations, the views of NU boosters on the conduct and character of the coach, the nature of how NU wins or loses (not just if they win or lose), the progress (or lack thereof) of coaching-related problems (lack of team focus, bad adjustments, scheme issues, fundamental issues like tackling technique, etc.) --- all these will factor in. NU will have a reasonably good record... the lack of quality of the opponents ensures this. So... I am not sure that the fate of Bo here is connected to a singular parameter such as number of wins... that will be a factor along with these other factors (and likely more... such as how Bo responds to the AD in this situation.) That said, if NU were really to stumble and get say only 7 or so wins... that would not play well for Bo... not so much an issue of failing to get a magic number as it would be just another piece of evidence. To win less than 9 with this schedule would be ... unimpressive.

Bingo! There is no number that can save Bo at this point. It is true that winning solves everything and it will solve his current predicament.....for awhile. However, the second he loses badly this monster will rear its head agian. Bo is at the end of the line. Eichorst might as well start putting out the feelers now.

I'm sure Bo knows this as well and will be looking to jump ship as well. I would be shocked if Bo makes it to next year.

Edited by billdozer15