Fun and Football

I don't think anything would change about what we try to do. But the overall atmosphere, that's what they're trying to get at.

It's not a bad thought. What worries me is, isn't this sort of EXACTLY the kind of thing the defeated and dejected players of the '07 team were talking about at the end of the year? Making football fun again? :(

Ummmmm....ouch.

Their dancing was noticeably subdued on the kick right before half when we were handing it to them.

Its more fun when you're winning.

Since this was brought up I can't help but wonder why this is legal? Didn't the NCAA have a rule about only two players can celebrate together or something? I vaguely remember it costing Georgia against Florida one year because their whole team ran out and celebrated.

Their dancing was noticeably subdued on the kick right before half when we were handing it to them.

Since this was brought up I can't help but wonder why this is legal? Didn't the NCAA have a rule about only two players can celebrate together or something? I vaguely remember it costing Georgia against Florida one year because their whole team ran out and celebrated.

I think it's the NFL's one person rule you're thinking about. There is an excessive celebration penalty in college but I don't think you're going to see them get flagged for that before a kickoff.

I'm not sure what Bo can do to make football more fun for these players but I think it would benefit us if they started to have more fun, they would be more loose and play football instead of worrying about making too many mistakes.

The day after the UCLA game I was tempted to start a thread w the title "Bo wants perfection"

When you strive for perfection whether it be religiously, academically, family, personal, etc

it starts a bit of 'freeze' on the big picture.

It's crazy how Bo called himself out on it and just wants his players to have fun and play a game. Playing w a lead or having fun when it's good is easy. We have captains for the first time under Pelini, let them lead. Don't be perfect, go out and play, have fun. Release the beasts.

If this week has taught us anything it's that the sun comes up and you are only in control of what YOU do. I see a big rally coming. Big

There is a point in the video of the game where you can tell that Mora is telling Hundley to smile. And Mora stated after the game that the directions given to the Bruins at halftime were to just relax. So, maybe the difference was having fun or at least being relaxed.

That was more how long they celebrated as opposed to the fact the team did it.

This subject is something that I think is important in any organization especially a team. If people are confident and liking what they are doing then they are more productive and successful.

If the team is worried about losing, that is completely the wrong attitude the team needs to have. They need to have the attitude that they can and will go kick everyone's azz that they face.

Bo's teams used to be loose and have fun. The players used to jump and dance around on the sidelines (

) And at least a handful of fans kept whining about it.

"They're not taking this seriously enough."

"What are they doing acting like idiots messing around like that?"

Just goes to show we'll find something to complain about.

But Bo is right - the team needs to have fun. Loose teams win championships.

Bo's teams used to be loose and have fun. The players used to jump and dance around on the sidelines (

I think our team having fun and being loose will only have a positive impact on how the season goes. No one plays well when your worried about making the wrong reads and messing up. From playing football and running track for so many years I performed much better when I was loose than when I was worried about not messing up.

Expect a different team than we have seen in past year or two, there will be a much different vibe. I think our players go out and play instead of trying to force it.

I think they-under Bo's tutalege- just got caught up in the strive for perfection. You dont have to be perfect to win championships. You dont have to have shut outs to win games, you just have to score more points. You dont have to hold them to 0 yards to force a punt, you just have to hold them short of 10. It's all a mindset. I'm anxious to see if theyre loosened up tommorrow.

I think they-under Bo's tutalege- just got caught up in the strive for perfection. You dont have to be perfect to win championships. You dont have to have shut outs to win games, you just have to score more points. You dont have to hold them to 0 yards to force a punt, you just have to hold them short of 10. It's all a mindset. I'm anxious to see if theyre loosened up tommorrow.

They should naturally be more loose tomorrow. The pressure isn't as high. To be honest, I was terrified of our 56-13 win against Southern Miss. I knew it was going to ramp up the expectations and it was going to place more pressure on the shoulders of our players to really perform against UCLA. I don't think Bo did anything to try and reduce that pressure and the UCLA game turned into a big snowball of momentum for NU to begin to a big snowball of momentum for UCLA to end. It was as dumbfounding a feeling I have left a game with since Northwestern beat us in 2011.