OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

Tommy, and it ain't even close.

You know the hope I was talking about before the game? I think we found it.

Option, zone-read, quick passes, short passes, deep passes, fitted into a tight window, with touch and without touch... This offense is on a completely new level with an actual passing threat.

I'm with this. I actually had less concern of the quarterback turning the ball over today than any time in recent memory.

Well if you want to switch QBs I guess this would be a good time to do it. Bye week then an average-to-slightly-below-average Illinois team at home, a bad Purdue team on the road and then another Bye.

Could probably squeak by with breaking in a new QB until November.

Not related but thanks for the hate Paul, it means a lot coming from you. Have a couple +1s.

You guys used 3 different qb's en route to a Big 10 championship last year. I dont think youre in any position to lecture on qb changes, eh?

I'm not being a dick. Just stating a fact.

• Fire 1

God I plus one Bucky and I swear I puked a little.

Don't get me wrong Tommy looked good, as did RKIII, but how quick we are to eat our own. Taylor is still the starter.

Agreed. No way should we bench Martinez. He deserves to be the starter and how soon we forget he lit up the Bruins in the first half last week. And we played a lower-level team today, huge difference people!

He didn't light up the bruins at all.

• Fire 1

Where were you after the MSU game last year????? Tommy is good and the future may be bright, but don't go out of your way patting your self on the back making your assertions when comparing the defense on the field today versus the Spartan defense last year.

Good people he didn't destroy a Bama defense. And hell RKIII dissected it just as good

Before we declare Tommie the greatest QB ever let's remember who we were playing against. I was impressed with his play but I highly doubt he looks that good against Michigan state.

Tommy is a better QB than Taylor. At this point anyone that states otherwise is in complete denial.

Every part of his game is better. It's not even close.

We told em didn't we Phoenix!

Well if you want to switch QBs I guess this would be a good time to do it. Bye week then an average-to-slightly-below-average Illinois team at home, a bad Purdue team on the road and then another Bye.

Not related but thanks for the hate Paul, it means a lot coming from you. Have a couple +1s.

You guys used 3 different qb's en route to a Big 10 championship last year. I dont think youre in any position to lecture on qb changes, eh?

I like how every time I post someone has to turn it around and assume that 1) I'm being critical of Nebraska and 2) I think Wisconsin does things better. Get out of here with that, its a load of crap.

Look at the times Nebraska and Wisconsin played today. Look at my friggin name. I didn't watch your game, I watched the Badgers. I don't know what's going on in the average Husker fan's mind or what happened in your game. I legitimately want to know what happened that makes seemingly everyone prefer Armstrong. My asking what happened is not me saying "You all are dumb, Wisconsin would never do that."

I know we swap out QBs, hell we did it today. If you want my honest opinion on it I think, at least at UW, its a bad idea. It has never worked for us. I didn't come here to lecture but there you go.

• Fire 1

Before we declare Tommie the greatest QB ever let's remember who we were playing against. I was impressed with his play but I highly doubt he looks that good against Michigan state.

Tommy is a better QB than Taylor. At this point anyone that states otherwise is in complete denial.

Every part of his game is better. It's not even close.

We told em didn't we Phoenix!

We did. They will come around.

Why is there so much support for Armstrong? He played against an FCS team, I don't get it.

Because he led the team with confidence, looked in control even on his first career starting drive. He can throw, he can run(and not just in a straight line). The o line seemed to gel more. I wasn't cringing expecting a fumble on every snap. He didn't seem to feel the need to carry the offense, it was distributed to everyone. On and on and on. I think it would be harder to argue why Taylor should start. Other than stats. The intangibles have never been there with Taylor, prob never will. I would rather see tommy grow and make mistakes this year than sit back and wait for our 5 year senior qb to make them. I like TM, but he would not be starting at many other fbs teams as a qb.

You think this might just be a bit of an exaggeration? Taylor is still at a top 25-30 QB in CFB.

I'm really not. If he is truly a top 25 qb, we would be able to win some of our bigger games. Since he has been our starter I really can't think of any game that I was confident we would win. He has brilliant moments, but no consistency. Top 25 qbs lead their team and minimize mistakes, he does neither. There is no question he is a great athlete, and can make jaw dropping plays, but he has trouble managing a game and turning the ball over. If he was still a freshman or sophomore, it would be excusable, but he is a 5th year senior. I still get a sick feeling every time he drops back to pass. He has improved, but not enough to lock down his position if there is a better option behind him. His stats obviiously don't win us big games, or championships.

Don't get me wrong Tommy looked good, as did RKIII, but how quick we are to eat our own. Taylor is still the starter.

Agreed. No way should we bench Martinez. He deserves to be the starter and how soon we forget he lit up the Bruins in the first half last week. And we played a lower-level team today, huge difference people!

but it's all good because Tommy lit up a team that probably gets torched next week by NDSU as well.

Again let me make it clear I liked what I saw from the QBs, yes BOTH of them today, but you are a delusional human our you think today is equal to even what will be seen against Illinois as far as an opposing defense

• Fire 1

I like how every time I post someone has to turn it around and assume that 1) I'm being critical of Nebraska and 2) I think Wisconsin does things better. Get out of here with that, its a load of crap.

Look at the times Nebraska and Wisconsin played today. Look at my friggin name. I didn't watch your game, I watched the Badgers. I don't know what's going on in the average Husker fan's mind or what happened in your game. I legitimately want to know what happened that makes seemingly everyone prefer Armstrong. My asking what happened is not me saying "You all are dumb, Wisconsin would never do that."

I know we swap out QBs, hell we did it today. If you want my honest opinion on it I think, at least at UW, its a bad idea. It has never worked for us. I didn't come here to lecture but there you go.

I'm not being a dick. That was serious. You guys used 3 different qb's last year, yes? You just seem to be a little confused as to why we may be doing it now. I worded it wrong in saying "your lecturing us". Wrong words. I admit. It was a bit antagonistic. I apologize. But you know what I mean, yes?

but it's all good because Tommy lit up a team that probably gets torched next week by NDSU as well.

Again let me make it clear I liked what I saw from the QBs, yes BOTH of them today, but you are a delusional human our you think today is equal to even what will be seen against Illinois as far as an opposing defense

No. It's all good because Tommy looks like an ACTUAL QB. Not like a sprinter who just learned how to throw. Taylor just isn't a good QB. I'm sure we can find a spot for him somewhere else.

Tommy gives us the best chance to win. Taylor does not. That's not delusional, it's just the facts at this point.

Well, we all know the Husker system of bringing back an injured player to his original position and I appreciate that the coaching staff has been completely honest with us fans, not just us acid rain and hailstorm fans but even the fair-weathered ones, so of course Martinez should take at least one snap before being replaced by either Armstrong or Kellogg. I'm torn between Kellogg and Armstrong due to Ron III going out there and firing strikes like Kenny Stabler while commanding the offensive in a way that would've made George Patton proud. I guess if you want to make the argument that we're building for the future then it wouldn't make sense to play a senior, but if you still think this season matters despite already having one loss then playing the best man would be the right thing to do. Everyone saw how Armstrong looked like a seasoned veteran and in all likelihood he would continue to play that way against better competition, giving us a chance to win if we give up 60 or so points every game......I just don't know???/ It's like that old song...torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool, loving both of them is breaking all the rules.

• Fire 1