OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

God I plus one Bucky and I swear I puked a little.

Don't get me wrong Tommy looked good, as did RKIII, but how quick we are to eat our own. Taylor is still the starter.

Agreed. No way should we bench Martinez. He deserves to be the starter and how soon we forget he lit up the Bruins in the first half last week. And we played a lower-level team today, huge difference people!

He didn't light up the bruins at all.

Neither did Tommy Armstrong.

• Fire 2

I did a funeral for a friend today so saw and heard nothing of the game. But the stats look great for the two QB's.

I am w/o any view as to what NU should do --- but it is great to hear NU fans talking football again and arguing over who will be better --- our ailing QB who has done well... or a new guy who looks really good. Nice problem to have. It will work out.

I thought both guys looked great today but I'm not about to name Armstrong the starter. I think he has earned a series or two in games and we will see what he is capable of. It's pretty easy to look comfortable back there when you have 10 seconds to throw. See what he does in the face of a MSU blitz.

Because Taylor always show such poise when under pressure? Really?

• Fire 1

We're really quick to forget what a good job Taylor did in the first two games this year and what we've also seen from it at times last season.

It's not time to have an open competition yet. When Taylor returns healthy, sure. Let the guy with the best week of practice win.

Thanks for proving our point. At times good. At times horrible. All I want is consistency. The good kind. Not the consistency we show on D.

I knew the qb derp was going to be strong after this game but I always underestimate our fanbase

One game is always the best way to judge any QB, obviously...

I love the way TA looked, and I also thought Kellogg played really, really well.

TM is still the best quarterback on Nebraska's roster. Obviously that toe is a big concern, because you take away that running ability and you take away a lot of what TM can do. If TM still can't run very well, is he the guy you want just sitting in the pocket throwing the football? I don't know.

• Fire 1

It's not necessarily just about the opponent. Both our QBs looked more poised in the pocket than Taylor ever has. Both are better decision makers, more accurate, and avoid pressure much better. Tommy is all around better for our offense. Taylor is at his ceiling and has been a good transition QB for us, but his time should be up. I don't see how anyone can argue against it. How nice was it to see a QB stand in the pocket confidently and deliver a strike? Breath of fresh air to me. Even RKIII who is probably the slowest person on the team knows when to pull it down and run.

Taylor will start and will probably play fairly well, but it's quite obvious who the better QB is and it didn't take until this game for me to see it. A couple snaps against s miss is all it took. He is confident, a leader and smooth running the offense. A good game manager and a play maker. It's all about decision making and Taylor is way too hesitant and way to inconsistent. Taylor lacks the mental side of it and panics under pressure, something a QB should never do. He leads all the come backs because he plays balls out un afraid to make mistakes with the game on the line. He just doesn't play that way all the time, thinks to much and panics. This is why he needs wide open lanes to run through, can never make up. His mind when or where to run unless its obviously wide open. Just my opinion.

• Fire 4

Against an FCS opponent, they looked GREAT!

Now, let's get more data to make an informed decision on who is better.

Curious if we get the chance. I would guess if Taylor is 80% against Illinois he plays and we don't see tommy for the rest of the year. What will be interesting is if tommy does start against Illinois and still looks as good, will all the people saying its just the competition change their minds? Or will they remain blindly loyal? I hope we get that opportunity to see tommy in action against a "real" opponent and see where the argument goes from there. I just want the best option on the field, if that is Taylor so be it. But even against "inferior" opponents I'm not sure I've seen Taylor as poised and in control as tommy was tonight, or Kellogg for that matter.

Edited by zoogies
trimmed quote