Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 2)

knapplc

Poll: Bo Pelini's job security   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Unsure. That's up from Very Unlikely back in July, for a number of reasons. Most of them have to do with on-field issues, a couple of them are off-field issues.

Bottom line is, neither side of the ball is impressive right now. We have a LOT of youth/inexperience on defense, but regardless of that, it's the same problems plaguing this defense that plagued Bo's last couple - and those were experienced groups. Opponents, regardless of rank, record or division, gash this defense seemingly at will. The edges aren't secure, the opponent offense dictates to this defense, and there seems to be very little spark or passion. There's certainly no predatory intent being shown.

On offense, our most experienced and able group, we're seeing missed blocks, continuing turnover problems, continuing issues with play-calling... not much seems different. The well-oiled and reliable machine I expected with this much talent and experience simply isn't there. And there's no excuse on this side of the ball.

All that leads me to believe Bo's chances of termination/separation are greater now than they were last summer.

I still don't think he's likely to be let go, barring a monumental collapse during the rest of the season.

Northwestern will likely drub us.

I'm not saying one way or the other but have you actually looked at Northwestern this year? They beat a Cal team who's only win is over Portland St. ... by seven points. They beat a winless Western Michigan team who just made Iowa look like Alabama. And they had a lot more trouble with their FCS team this week than we did.

There are plenty of problems to go around. It's all going to depend on who can improve and who can make some plays.

I'm not saying one way or the other but have you actually looked at Northwestern this year? They beat a Cal team who's only win is over Portland St. ... by seven points. They beat a winless Western Michigan team who just made Iowa look like Alabama. And they had a lot more trouble with their FCS team this week than we did.

There are plenty of problems to go around. It's all going to depend on who can improve and who can make some plays.

True enough. No one in the B1G except for OSU looks good. Maybe Wisconsin is pretty good --- they got robbed in the ASU game. But the rest... Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, MSU, Michigan and PSU all look decent but it would be tough to argue that any of them are demonstrably better than decent right now. Some of those teams will improve, I am sure... but right now the B1G looks potentially weaker than even the last two years... except for OSU.

To lose more than say two games to that lot would be pretty bad...

I don't have much faith in Bo fixing the defense, so I voted very likely to be fired or see the writing on the wall and take another job. He's already had opportunities to upgrade his staff and he hired the guys we have.

It's no secret that Perlman doesn't care for Bo. He's a bad face for the University and has rubbed many people the wrong way with his behavior. He will not get the benefit of the doubt because of that.

Surprise surprise!

Personally, after this week end, I think he is gone if there is anything that resembles this weekend on the defensive side of the ball.

I think we were lucky their running back got hurt. Not that we would have lost, but my guess is he would have put another 50 to 100 yards on us.

Blow out losses again this season seem likely if a FCS team can put up nearly 500 yards on us... Saying the others are bad, what does that make us.

I had voted unlikely in the last poll, changed to likely now. Too much bad blood in the water. The man is just not smart. RKIII should have played the whole game, if we were winning. No need for him to start a QB controversy when he just limped out of another one.

I know Tommy played well, but think ahead. Bo just does not have that ability it seems to me. Now everyone is expecting Armstrong to we this super player, and really has not played against anyone, not even the level of our own defense, which has prove to be beyond pathetic. SDSU's defense is ranked 107 in the FCS!!! He better look good.

True enough. No one in the B1G except for OSU looks good. Maybe Wisconsin is pretty good --- they got robbed in the ASU game. But the rest... Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, MSU, Michigan and PSU all look decent but it would be tough to argue that any of them are demonstrably better than decent right now. Some of those teams will improve, I am sure... but right now the B1G looks potentially weaker than even the last two years... except for OSU.

To lose more than say two games to that lot would be pretty bad...

Wisconsin can run the ball. I know we don't play them this year but it would be another rout like the last couple years. The power run game they have this year would make our already porous defense look bad.

Michigan, MSU, and Northwestern can all be beaten but I think it relies on our offense to score some points and not put the defense in a big hole for half the game.

I just heard on Unsportsmanlike Conduct that Vegas set odds on him at 1 to 5 for being removed at the end of the year. I'm fairly sure that I heard that correctly, but someone can jump in and correct me if that isn't what they said. I was only half-listening when that caught my ear. Those odds are bad for Bo.

It appears it will take back to back .500 seasons which would be impossible even for Pelini in this conference considering Jamrogs scheduling of non conference even though he said it appeared the last regime "scheduled for wins"

As long as Bo has his guardian angel, he's safe. It was proven that Shawn E will not act accordingly in restoring the Nebraska Brand

I voted somewhat unlikely, but it's borderline unsure. They should go undefeated in the next month, but I think Pelini's job hinges on his performances against teams of equal caliber. If this team gives up multiple 500-600 plus yard games and looks uncompetitive, I think he's out.

If we lose 5 or more, Eichorst would have to fire him, I feel.

I honestly think that is possible.

Michigan is going to be tough

Michigan State's defense will stop us and our D will make their offense look like the 85 Bears

Judging by our recent history we will drop 1-2 along the way that we shouldnt.

You don't watch a lot of other teams do you? NW has beat no one yet. MSU can't score against anyone with a pulse. Michigan has almost lost its last 2 games to two teams that aren't very good. ND is not that good and they almost beat MU and did beat MSU.

We could lose all those games I doubt it. My bet is we lose 1 of the 3.

The defense will get better BP is in scramble mode. He knows he has to swallow his ego and give his young defense a chance to make plays and get better. The buy week comes at a perfect time.

Don't expect miracles, if he can get the yards down to about 400 and drop a touchdown off the pts that will be good enough.