Do we still like the Big 10?

both Rutgers and Maryland would beat 90% of the schools in this conference right now. And I hate saying that but it is what it is.

Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha PLOP!

(^ that's me, laughing my head off)

The fact that Missouri, a middling Big 12 team, is holding its own in the SEC tells me that besides Alabama and maybe LSU the SEC is way overrated.

Seems like tons of Illinois and Ohio kids are heading to the SEC and elsewhere outside the B10 this year in football.

Outside of kids heading to Notre Dame, and a few to Kentucky and Tennessee, most of the top talent in Ohio will stay in the B1G. Ohio State and Michigan will have most of the talent along with Michigan State.

I was going to say. Ohio State gets most of the Ohio kids it wants, Michigan and Penn State get a few. The rest of the BIG or MAC school get the rest of the solid players. The only Ohio kids going south I can think of are the recruits that went with Butch Davis to Tennessee, but Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan probably didn't want them in the first place.

Peerless Price went to Tennessee

Fred Davis went to USC

Trey Depriest starts at Alabama

After guys like that most everyone else stays in the Midwest/PSU

Ki jana Carter

Prescott Burgess

Chris Chambers

Kyle Rudolph

Orlando Pace

Charles Woodson

etc,etc

both Rutgers and Maryland would beat 90% of the schools in this conference right now. And I hate saying that but it is what it is.

You think the talent gap is that far? I am definitely not as confident as I was before but I still think Rutgers and Maryland can beat most of the teams in this conference on any given Saturday.

You think the talent gap is that far? I am definitely not as confident as I was before but I still think Rutgers and Maryland can beat most of the teams in this conference on any given Saturday.

Even after the Wake Forest game?

On any saturday a player like Stefon Diggs can go off.

I still don't think there is an offensive weapon like him in the Big Ten.

On any saturday a player like Stefon Diggs can go off.

I still don't think there is an offensive weapon like him in the Big Ten.

They would finish middle of the pack IMO. OSU, michigan, MSU, nebraska, northwestern, and Wisconsin would all beat both of them.

Maryland stinks, and we're going to see that as this season and next play out. Rutgers is better, but still only a mediocre team in the context of the Big Ten. You talk a lot about Stefon Diggs, but one player is only one player. I could go on and on about my team's best player (TE Maxx Williams of the Gophers is going to be a superstar) but I realize (and deep down I think you do too) that when a team isn't good, one player is only an aberration. Bottom line, I think you're giving too much credit to a team for having one excellent player.

I like the fit in the Big Ten but seriously, I'm getting so f'ing tired of this 11 am bull5hit.

For this, you either need to have a sheitty season so only the B1G Network picks you up, or a good enough season/your opponent is good enough that the TV networks put you at 230 or 7. This isnt the school's or the conference's call. It's all the networks.

• Fire 1

I like the fit in the Big Ten but seriously, I'm getting so f'ing tired of this 11 am bull5hit.

For this, you either need to have a sheitty season so only the B1G Network picks you up, or a good enough season/your opponent is good enough that the TV networks put you at 230 or 7. This isnt the school's or the conference's call. It's all the networks.

It's our own damn fault, actually--we beat UCLA, and we're a Top 10ish team and have at least a 2:30pm slot for the Minnesota and NW games.

I still think if we win out and MSU goes unscathed until then, we will have a night game with them on ESPN or ABC. Probably ESPN, because I'm sure that there's an unranked vs. Alabama SEC game they'll want to showcase instead.

I'm sure it's better for Nebraska. And I don't put a lot of stock into the Big 10 Network, because the days of pay-per-view (I pay almost 100/year to have the channel with Time Warner) were pretty limited anyway. We were going to have an option of some sort in the next few years had we stayed, I'm sure of that.

As for my personal feelings on the matter...I'd take the Big 12 (assuming CO and Missouri are still in it) in a heart beat. Being a fan in KC isn't nearly as much fun when no one in the area really cares about B1G football. You neighbors, friends, co-workers, etc are all following KU, KSU, MU, etc and the discussion is Big 12 almost all the time. Which means we're not a part of the discussion down here anymore...and I'm a guy that spends A LOT of time at the bar bullshitting about sports, so it kinda sucks for me.

It's been three years and Big12 teams other than Texas are still having to resort to PPV or get no tv coverage at all. Hell even OU has had to to PPV. Eventually we'd come up with something but it wouldn't be on the sports-tier of cable or satellite. It would cost. Plus BTN covers more than just football and you get shows like BTN Live to watch too.

I object to this statement...Iowa State has been blown out on ESPN in front of a national audience three times this year. We've never had so much media coverage!