Director of Recruiting Operations

People do know that Zook turned us down once to be DC right????

must have missed that publication.

I'll just let people continue to think that the only person that Bo Pelini approached about the open DC position after the 2011 season was John Papuchis.

Bottom line, Bo had the financial backing by a certain set of boosters to make a "splash" hire. Mike Stoops and Ron Zook were both pretty good possibilities. Mike Stoops came down to either us, Iowa (if anyone remembers correctly Iowa was also looking for a DC that same offseason), and OU and Mike chose to go coach with his brother. Zook was a better possibility than Mike was I was told, but at the end of the day he had a stigma about coaching under the guy that he once coached at tOSU. The way that it was going to work was JP would be promoted to Co-DC and still be the DL coach and either Zook/Stoops would be the lead DC and help groom JP to be ready once they found another head job.

But nope. There was no effort from Bo Pelini to find a "qualified DC" at all in 2011. He just wants to coach with his friends and promote and hire only his friends.

I was unaware of this. Never read anything about it. Really surprised Zook would choose working at a bank over making 750k as a DC for Nebraska

Very good info, thanks worth reading in regards to Zook and Stoops hiring proccess.

Some have mentioned Tim Cassidy, He would be outstanding in that role.

He did great in his stints here, was well respected and offered a chance to stay, in fact when he resigned to take the A&M gig, they tried to talk him out of it, TO included.

He did a phenomenal job at A&M helping Mike Sherman right the ship that Fran had sunk and was instrumental in helping set the table for what Sumilin has done.

He is a Ryan High school alumn, a Nebraska guy and a very nice person. He gave my family a tour of the A&M facility and got to meet ZacK Taylor and Mike Sherman through him.

Not sure why he left A&M for Arizona State, his wife had a great gig down there, built a house and considered themselves "Aggies"

NU wont get him for $40K, but he would be a great fit. Former coach, great recruiter, management and Admin experience.

Very good info, thanks worth reading in regards to Zook and Stoops hiring proccess.

He did great in his stints here, was well respected and offered a chance to stay, in fact when he resigned to take the A&M gig, they tried to talk him out of it, TO included.

He did a phenomenal job at A&M helping Mike Sherman right the ship that Fran had sunk and was instrumental in helping set the table for what Sumilin has done.

He is a Ryan High school alumn, a Nebraska guy and a very nice person. He gave my family a tour of the A&M facility and got to meet ZacK Taylor and Mike Sherman through him.

Not sure why he left A&M for Arizona State, his wife had a great gig down there, built a house and considered themselves "Aggies"

NU wont get him for $40K, but he would be a great fit. Former coach, great recruiter, management and Admin experience.

It probably won't be a $40K a year job. Thats the minimum posting.

Also...if my memory is correct TC was between jobs when he left there. Perhaps I'm wrong on that fact.

It probably won't be a $40K a year job. Thats the minimum posting.

Also...if my memory is correct TC was between jobs when he left there. Perhaps I'm wrong on that fact.

That I dont know, I thought he would be at A&M until he retired

Sherman's group did an excellent job setting the table for Sumlin- would have thought he would have been retained there

A&M was well on it's way to supplanting Texas as they entered the SEC- Sherman put together some incredible recruiting classes. Look at the O-line and backs he left them with

Give it to Barney, that way we can get Stai the full time Oline/TE gig with Garrison.

May happen the other way around. Who knows? Could also be used to keep a guy like Joe Ganz around too.

I feel as though Joe Ganz will have no shortage of options once he leaves his GA spot. Especially if Wats gets a head gig and Tim Beck eventually gets a head gig.

Give it to Barney, that way we can get Stai the full time Oline/TE gig with Garrison.

May happen the other way around. Who knows? Could also be used to keep a guy like Joe Ganz around too.

I feel as though Joe Ganz will have no shortage of options once he leaves his GA spot. Especially if Wats gets a head gig and Tim Beck eventually gets a head gig.

Correct

All about relationships and both of the guys you mentioned will be heading to different pastures in the not too distant future

Ganz helped train one of my QBs- guy is a great teacher

I've been asking around about potential recruiters and three names keep coming up. If we could get one or all three then I believe we'll have a much better chance of landing the big boys....the 5 stars, possibly even 6 and 7 stars. The recruiters are...let's see....Nick Saban......um, Brian Kelly.....and Urban Meyer. We should contact them, I hear they're pretty good.