Bo and Paps

Alignment issues are basic football 101 In todays game of spread, multiple warp speed offenses- you have to be prepared AND be able to recognize and adapt to different player groupings

Sometimes they let it go ALA Baylor a few years ago, sometimes they dont- you have to be prepared for both

MANY teams win in blowouts every week all across the USA

NU has won in blowouts many weeks

In all of those games the "benches" were emptied

In all those games in all those years here and on TV how many times have you seen that many 12 men on the field penalties? How about having to take the timeouts or having 5 kids come onto the field late? Davison was laughing about it.

None

so what you are saying is there should be no real expectation of the rules to be called correctly for 60 min in a blowout? probably what should have happened was the coaches put 11 guys on the field and they tell them to get it done no questions instead of trying to shuttle in bench players for bench players so those bench players can get a feel for the substitution patterns being used because the rules may or may not be followed.

back to my point, if you are going to acknowledge they were getting screwed then dont make a huge production about what they were getting screwed on.

Happens all the time in College football

Not just to NU in 1 game- this wasnt like a once in a lifetime thing

It happens every week in College football somewhere, lots of places, it's one of the reasons no huddle rapid pace is so popular

It's happened to NU before right here in Lincoln

Just like Holding isnt always called correctly

As a Coach and player you HAVE to adapt to the refs, they arent going to adapt to you, It has always been part of the game- adapting to refs

You dont get mad, you prepare for the contingency that probably is going to happen and you execute

We beat Illinois, of course they suck. And if we beat Alabama, they would suck, too.

The Fighting Illini through almost a season and a half have yet to beat one single B1G team. Yep, they're right up there with Bama'. I'm still in shock people thought we would honestly struggle against them. I'm still in shock people a week ago were predicting a five loss season. Our schedule is extremely weak sauce.

The Fighting Illini through almost a season and a half have yet to beat one single B1G team.

If by a season and a half of Big Ten ball, you mean a season and one game. Yes.

Our schedule is extremely weak sauce.

I think it is underrated currently, and it will be better at the end of the season. I don't think ANYONE wants to trade for our November schedule.

The Fighting Illini through almost a season and a half have yet to beat one single B1G team. Yep, they're right up there with Bama'. I'm still in shock people thought we would honestly struggle against them. I'm still in shock people a week ago were predicting a five loss season. Our schedule is extremely weak sauce.

That whooshing sound you just heard was my point sailing right over your head.

This defense is about 100% better at tackling than it has been the past couple seasons. So I'm going with that.

I also think it's been a lot better. Not great, but definitely improved. I think better athletes not only tackle better but get themselves in better position to make a tackle so we're headed the right direction.

We beat Illinois, of course they suck. And if we beat Alabama, they would suck, too.

Truth, but at this point, I think NW is a loss, Michigan is a toss up and MSU could beat us if our offense struggles. We've done pretty well against their defense the last few years, though.

And if we make it to the B1G CCG, which will likely be tOSU, they're an easy favorite.

Truth, but at this point, I think NW is a loss, Michigan is a toss up and MSU could beat us if our offense struggles. We've done pretty well against their defense the last few years, though.

And if we make it to the B1G CCG, which will likely be tOSU, they're an easy favorite.

I wouldn't give up on us beating NW yet. They played tOSU close but the Buckeyes ran for almost 250 yards and threw for another 200. NW's defense isn't great. And NW couldn't run the ball when they finally went up against a defense with a pulse. tOSU made like Nebraska vs. NW the last two year - turnovers gave NW two very short fields leading to 10 points and cost themselves at least 3 if not seven more.

Not at all saying it's an easy win for us. But we've outplayed them the last two years, shooting ourselves in the foot enough for them to stay close. Will be interesting to watch the Wiscy/NW game this weekend.

Basic rule of thumb is that you don't openly undermine respect for a coach in front of the guys you expect to follow him into battle.

There are other, less public ways to do it. Or you just fire someone who is clearly that inept.

Bo vs. Pap really wasn't the same as a coach getting in the grill of a player as he comes off the field. The network knew that, and that's why they kept the camera on them.

Also, it's been going on for a couple games now.

On a team that has had the wheels come off in big games, seeing the Head Coach lay into his own Defensive Coordinator - repeatedly - during a game in front of the players is kind of an issue, whether you agree with Bo or not. It's not Nebraska specific either. It qualifies as drama on any team in any sport. When it happens on a team like the New York Jets it's just a little funnier.

• Fire 2