Reality check for a die hard...

Oh well it doesn't matter as its a web forum.... Most people on this board probably didn't attend the game, left early, turned off the tv in the third quarter, or flat didn't watch at all. I can't wait to see us play next week but it absolutely pains me to see so many fundamental mistakes on the field and a stadium a third empty. Just hope bo does what's necassary soon. Ask wisconsin how that new oline coach midseason is worked out.....

I'd guess that 45 degrees with 30 mph steady winds is pretty uncomfortable for people who just sweated through 87 degrees and high humidity on Friday. You may be incredibly tough, and the 80 percent of fans that saw the final seconds along with you, but if you underestimated these conditions by a layer you were going home early.

Watched until the game switched to Miami/GT. There was a number of things that concerned me with Illinois' last drive, mainly the fact that everyone looked disinterested. But we were up by 27 with 5 minutes left. It would have been better to play and finish the entire game, but the last 5 minutes shouldn't take away from the first 55.

We have a game against a not good Purdue team next week, followed by a bye. Then a game against an alright, leaning towards not good, Minnesota before the meat of the schedule comes up. That's 3 more weeks of learning for the defense against 2 teams with bad offenses and a bye. That's a lot of time for improvement.

No TV exposure? Every game is on TV. Half filled stadium? It seats over 90,000 this year. It pains me to say this, but I think you're an ignorant fan.

I think what he means is no Prime time exposure so the kids ( recruits ) on the west coast are watching and I think his half filled comment comes from probably from attending games back when 60K where stuffed in there like sardines and there was no wiggle room what so ever. Now the sweeping shots of the stadium most certainly empty out the higher you get and it appears people are very comfortable with lots of arm room. Watching in HD on a 12' screen it looked to me like there was all sort of empty seats

Seriously--that is a huge wall of text there. Learn to use carriage returns and paragraphs and people may be more inclined to have a dialog with you, as they can process your info better.

Nothing says 'crazy' more on the internet these days like a big wall 'o text. Well...that, and capitalizing everything.

I grade papers, lots of freshman papers. "I bleed Husker red.." as your intro is like "In today's world..."

or "Everybody knows that......"

or my all time favorite

"Since the beginning of time man has....." Really? Were you there?

The <enter> or <return> key will make people read your 'I'm a better fan" thing longer. I made it four sentences and then I started seeing dancing bears.

• Fire 1

last couple weeks 9 out of 10 on this board would have been agreeing w/ the OP, now 1 decent showing against a mediocre opponent and all of a sudden this team/staff is beyond question again...

this fan base rides the roller coaster of ups and downs even higher and lower than our team...and that's sayin something because they're all over the place