***What Did We Like***

***What Did We Like***

All out Blitzes. We need a whole lot more of those to compete in this league with the teams that have elusive QBs.

Gardner ans Siemian (???) both dont seem to handle all out blitzes very well. Can't say tOSU all out blitzed Colter so I don't know if that is something we want to try on him. If our pressure continues to be as effective as it was on Saturday we have plenty of room to go places in the B1G.

Also:

The offense works better when you have a legit run threat

The power reads, sweep reads and called keepers work much better when you can hold the keyed defender home

Imani while a great guy is our straight ahead guy

Receivers are blocking better- the reason we got a safety was thanks to #11 not blocking his man- would have been a 10 yard gain, AND Imani cant run backwards from the 2- a no no

Westercamp looks comfortable and confident returning punts

If we stay in our base defense when the offense spreads in 10 personnel- teams are going to zone and zone read us to death and IL did just that. FINALLY in the 3rd quarter they brought a safety down and it worked

THe D looked solid against 21 and 22 personell- thank goodness we should see a lot of it in the B1G

Didnt see the herky jerky thing on offense, something weve done even against weak teams or on air for that matter. Goodness I hate illegal formation, illegal motion and delay of game penalties

Poor Thad Randle- great kid, he is SO SLOW off the ball AND on a screen play which is perfectly set up for him to excel, since he cant pursue up the field- the OL_ tech is to give a 75% push with one hand to stop the initial charge, but ALLOW the defender to penetrate. On that screen, that 75% shrug with 1 hand moved Thad backwards about 1 yard and he never recovered, they of course ran right by him- he had no chance to make a play even though he WAST upfield, Gregory ran the kid down from behind- an athlete. Why Thad is on the field just blows me away.

Keep running Abdullah and Newby in the base offense, Cross in short yardage. Cross fumbled 2 times, stumbles on his own feet at the goal line - 2 plays later cant get the edge and gives up ground to take a safety

Beck- still wants to outthink himself- the halfback pass was ugly

Had the wrong personell in on Sweep read to Cross on our own 3 yard line- but Beck made some nice calls as well

The speed option can work for this team- we just need a QB who can run it correctly- really nice twist against certain defenses

Nothing. Illinois sucks...should've won by 100, they should've had less than 100 yards.

Interesting

Illinois may not be a great team but they lost to Washington by what 10?

I watched #5 Stanford play Washington to stalemate and I really like how tough Stanford plays- Washington pretty athletic and really well coached

I seriously doubt many teams are going to beat Illinois by 100 points this year- not great but not a team everyone beats by 50 week in and week out like Southern Miss etc

Nothing. Illinois sucks...should've won by 100, they should've had less than 100 yards.

Unless you are speakng in hyperbole, I think you are watching the wrong sport if you want a team to hang 100 points on someone. Even then, 39 points is nothing to sneeze at, though I will concede they left 16 points on the field (two TDs and the two missed PAT).

I honestly think we got more than most expected. We won the game in convincing fashion. Positive remarks from the media in pretty much every aspect. We got our back up Qb good playing time and experience against a BCS level team. I think Illinois is better than some think or not as bad as some think. It was a good win, and a sold move in the right direction. Bo and staff did a good job. The kids played hard and with desire it seemed. I really saw nothing negative about the game that I felt was a step back.

Correction, the missed extra points are concerning, but he will get that corrected I am sure.

I watched a replay of the game and was very impressed how the offense ran with Armstrong. As an offense we have so many less plays that go negative than we had in the past. Dont want to make this into another TA vs. TM thread but I am impressed with TA. I thought our defense started to play with an edge and we blitzed a lot more and got more pressure on the QB. I also noticed Mike Rose would always go for the ball when going for the tackle. He is a play maker and a great tackler, he needs to see the field more.

Doesn't really mean anything, but Herbstreit tweeted that our win was #9 on the 10 most impressive wins of the week.

Hahaha...now that says a lot to how convincing the win was if Herbstreit was willing to admit it. Probably took everything he had to say that. Now, if we can only get some of our fans to believe that.

Doesn't really mean anything, but Herbstreit tweeted that our win was #9 on the 10 most impressive wins of the week.

Would've been even more impressive if NEB didn't have damn communication issues with 5 minutes left in the game and gave up a late TD in garbage time.......and NEB left some points out on the field as well. Could've well been a 40+ to 12 game for the Huskers....hell, 39-12 to Illinois is solid in my book.

Hahaha...now that says a lot to how convincing the win was if Herbstreit was willing to admit it. Probably took everything he had to say that. Now, if we can only get some of our fans to believe that.

Bet we could manipulate a poll to show that 2013 Nebraska is the 3rd best college football team of all time!

Bet we could manipulate a poll to show that 2013 Nebraska is the 3rd best college football team of all time!

Not really sure what your point is? From the first drive, there was never a doubt in who was going to win this game. I say this with the advantage of hindsight but also based on the play on the field throughout the game. So, was Saturday's game evidence in Nebraska's future dominance? No, they will only prove that by turning in convincing wins week in and week out. But, it is no stretch of the imagination to say they won convincingly against Illinois.

Unless you are speakng in hyperbole, I think you are watching the wrong sport if you want a team to hang 100 points on someone. Even then, 39 points is nothing to sneeze at, though I will concede they left 16 points on the field (two TDs and the two missed extra points).

If you have read my other posts you should know the answer.