AP Poll

I really thought we'd be ranked this week. Disappointed that we got left off. Then you look at a team like Va Tech. They beat Pitt by 10 points, and as a result jump up 5 spots in the AP. WTF is up with that? I mean, a win over Pitt? Really??

• Fire 1

Michigan JUST lost to an unranked team, while we've rattled off 3 straight impressive wins and theyre still ranked ahead of us.

What's with the Michigan love fest. Clowny. SEC. Michigan. Your 2013 overrated train.

I'm not sure that's the word I would use. We beat teams we should have beat, the way we should have beat them. Nothing really impressive just expected for a good team.

As opposed to squeeking by the juggernauts Akron and Uconn?

Youre right though, our last 3 wins I guess are not "impressive", but at least we did what we're supposed to do. At this point, 4 conference losses for Michigan would not surprise me one bit.

We haven't won a conference championship since 1999, 14 years ago. We were last nationally relevant in 2001, 12 years ago. We have done literally nothing to impress on a national stage since then. In fact, every time we get a national stage, we wind up waking up in some ditch the following morning sans pants and wondering WTF happened to us.

So there's no cause for complaining about a lack of national respect. Respect is earned. We haven't earned any since our incoming freshmen were first graders.

• Fire 1

We haven't won a conference championship since 1999, 14 years ago. We were last nationally relevant in 2001, 12 years ago. We have done literally nothing to impress on a national stage since then. In fact, every time we get a national stage, we wind up waking up in some ditch the following morning sans pants and wondering WTF happened to us.

So there's no cause for complaining about a lack of national respect. Respect is earned. We haven't earned any since our incoming freshmen were first graders.

So true.

What is bad too is that NU's record (owing to the weak teams NU plays) will be quite good... setting NU up come bowl time for a pretty good team... and, as you say... another morning in the ditch awaits...

It would be better to play a stout schedule and improve week by week against that schedule than to play a bunch of veritable glorified high school teams, get a cushy record, and then jump up and play a real team come CCG and get smoked. If NU plays OSU... the Sker's get rolled by 5 touchdowns. And... given the schedule, it is quite conceivable that NU does go to the CCG.

• Fire 3

Michigan JUST lost to an unranked team, while we've rattled off 3 straight impressive wins and theyre still ranked ahead of us.

What's with the Michigan love fest. Clowny. SEC. Michigan. Your 2013 overrated train.

I'm not sure that's the word I would use. We beat teams we should have beat, the way we should have beat them. Nothing really impressive just expected for a good team.

They were more impressive then Michigan's wins over Akron and UConn...Correct?

We will be in the Top 25 once the BCS comes out next week and that is all that is used after that happens. That is when the AP poll will fade into complete irrelevance, and why they ever run score tickers with it I have no idea.

Ranked #31 % by the computers this week. Still might have some work to do with you light schedule. But as always, it also depends on what the teams ahead of Nebraska do as well

We are #24 right now in the BCS projections, which now include the first Harris Poll ranking us #23. Computer polls have us #33, which is only one third of the equation.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

Gotta take care of business. Especially at home and there would be no argument. I will say that no 2 loss team should be ranked above 20 this early in the season.

I can remember even in our heyday, we were penalized for close wins against KU and MIzzou in 93 and 97, despite being undefeated and by 97 a very well proven national title caliber commodity. Yet when UGA survives in similar fashion against a bad Tennessee team and loses two other games they are #16. Really?!? A team with 2.5 losses ranked that high? Sadly the rankings, in addition to being biased, take several weeks sometimes to correct those biases (if at all).

Gotta take care of business. Especially at home and there would be no argument. I will say that no 2 loss team should be ranked above 20 this early in the season.

I can remember even in our heyday, we were penalized for close wins against KU and MIzzou in 93 and 97, despite being undefeated and by 97 a very well proven national title caliber commodity. Yet when UGA survives in similar fashion against a bad Tennessee team and loses two other games they are #16. Really?!? A team with 2.5 losses ranked that high? Sadly the rankings, in addition to being biased, take several weeks sometimes to correct those biases (if at all).

You get no argument from me. It's just difficult to complain when we get beat down by 20 at home. Regardless of what other teams have going on. I feel bad that they are not ranked but this whole debate would be a non-issue if we would have taken care of business against UCLA and not looked so bad against Wyoming and South Dakota State. We would be Top 10-12 right now.