NCAA Stats Total Defense: #75

I would never have thought Meechicken's offense was ranked that low. As of right now our toughest game IMO is MSU, but we do get them at home. PSU will play hard, but they could be pretty beat up by the time we play them. NW is beat up right now and hurting after getting spanked on Saturday. Don't underestimate Iowa, they will probably be playing ok when we get them at the end of the year.

You should see their turnover rank. Hint: it has three digits.

I think our toughest game is NW. They looked rough against Wisconsin but they've got so many weapons and ways to hurt us. Knock on wood, we've had MSU's number the last several years even though it took a big effort to come back last year. We find ways to hurt their defense, and their offense is pretty rough still. And Michigan on the road is probably my second biggest worry behind NW.

That would be nuts if the D is able to get a ranking within the top 30 by the end of the season.

I don't believe it is too far-fetched. It is indisputable our defense is starting to "get it" and Bo has taken more control. Also, in our first six games, we faced three top-40 offenses. In the final six games, we don't face a single offense in the top-50.

Yards or scoring?

Just wanted to bump this since we are now at #72. Up 3 spots without playing a game. 49 yards per game now separate us from #30. It was 56 after the Purdue game.

Offenses we face are now at:

Michigan: #47 446 yards

Penn St: #49 440 yards

Northwestern: #61 419 yards

Iowa: #69 411 yards

Michigan St: #95 363 yards

Minnesota: #111 327 yards

Compared to last week:

Penn State: #52 442 yards

Northwestern: #53 435 yards

Iowa: #63 416 yards

Michigan: #74 395 yards