NCAA Stats Total Defense: #75

putting up numbers against poor quality opponents....just sayin....

We can't control how good Purdue is, we took care of the things that we can control yesterday. If you can't see a huge improvement in our defense you just plain don't watch.

• Fire 3

We can't control how good Purdue is, we took care of the things that we can control yesterday. If you can't see a huge improvement in our defense you just plain don't watch.

+1...very similar to what I responded to him in another thread.

It's the same thing everyone was saying about Tommy Armstrong after his first two starts and it was valid comment then. It's a lot easier for our defense to look good when you're playing the 119th ranked offense.

• Fire 1

It's the same thing everyone was saying about Tommy Armstrong after his first two starts and it was valid comment then. It's a lot easier for our defense to look good when you're playing the 119th ranked offense.

The Tommy comments were completely valid yes. However when we are three weeks removed from giving up 200 yards on the ground to an FCS team I think it kind of throws the "weak competition" argument out the window.

The defense did play really well against Purdue and you have to love that, but to keep it in perspective, Purdue has scored an average of 15 points a game this year including scoring only 7, 10 and 7 points in three losses. They're very bad.

They still have plenty of room to grow. And not to be a debbie downer, I'm holding true to my previous prediction - I think they're going to get gashed bad at least once more this year.