Who hates this years schedule?

The schedule doesnt bother me this year, its actually fairly beneficial to the youth of the team.

All of the 11 AM kicks are pissing me off though. Some of the other teams in the conference like that kick time, then let them have em, and at least give us 2:30. The total lack of night games sucks also. Cowardly conference members need to suck it up and play at night in Nov.

With our schedule setting up the way it does, to be Nationally relevant we needed that win. Your telling me you have full confidence in us running the table and NOT getting left out of the BCS title game ate 12-1?

If its just that you didnt expect us to do that well then I guess I get it but you cant tell me you werent a little crushed by the 2nd half meltdown. It hurt, Im still behind Bo, but it stung.

We weren't getting to a BCS title game no matter how our schedule was set up or who we lost to.

UCLA, Michigan, MSU, OSU. It doens't matter. 12-1 in Big Ten ain't going to cut it this year.

Exactly my point. Losing any game with our schedule broke our chances at thar. Nobody sees the Big Ten as nationally relevant except for Ohio State.

With our schedule setting up the way it does, to be Nationally relevant we needed that win. Your telling me you have full confidence in us running the table and NOT getting left out of the BCS title game ate 12-1?

If its just that you didnt expect us to do that well then I guess I get it but you cant tell me you werent a little crushed by the 2nd half meltdown. It hurt, Im still behind Bo, but it stung.

We weren't getting to a BCS title game no matter how our schedule was set up or who we lost to.

UCLA, Michigan, MSU, OSU. It doens't matter. 12-1 in Big Ten ain't going to cut it this year.

Exactly my point. Losing any game with our schedule broke our chances at thar. Nobody sees the Big Ten as nationally relevant except for Ohio State.

I don't understand your point. You are making a strength of schedule and Nebraska nationally relevant and conference nationally relevant arguments all in one.

schedule is fine - 11 am not so much.

The way the big 10 is playing out this year, there will not be any signature wins this year - unless we upset OSU in the CCG. Going 11-2 this year (ccg and before the bowl) may feel better than last year - but the games are less significant in this down year in the big 10. Living in Tulsa, this year's schedule almost feels like we are in Conf USA - the conf U of Tulsa is in. In fact, TU played OU, Iowa State, Colorado State, Bowling Green for their pre-conf schedule - it seems more interesting than ours. Yes, the Big 10 schools have more compelling histories / traditions but outside of OSU, non are making a splash on the national scene.

I don't understand your point. You are making a strength of schedule and Nebraska nationally relevant and conference nationally relevant arguments all in one.

I Guess my point got misconstrued. I was saying that in order to be a legitimate threat nationally we needed the UCLA win. Even then losing a game made us vunerable. 13-0 was the only way we would find ourselves in a BCS title game. A one loss Nebraska with the schedule we have MAY land us an at large berth depending how many 1 loss teams there are.

My original post was in response to Landlords post stating the UCLA loss wasnt crushing for him. I was confused as to why not seeing as anything but 13-0 keeps us out of a title game.

13-0 still might have kept us out. We will have to see if tOSU can go 13-0 and whether they go to the MNC as we would have been in similar shoes.

The only thing I dislike are the early starts. The first bye has helped this team, and I do believe the second will as well.

I like the early game until it is 2:30 then I wish they were playing later too. I live in Minn and attend the Gopher home games. I really like them to have the 11am game then I rush home to watch the Huskers later. A perfect Saturday for me.

I do not like two bye weeks. Don't remember that happening before. And the problem with this easy schedule, the Huskers do not have a way of getting back into the National Championship race after losing to UcLA. They usually are able to lose a non-conference game early then fight their way slowly back into the top ten. Not this year. Not with Indiana, Purdue and Minnesota and even Northwestern.

I hate how this sched sets us up for getting 11am games rather than night ones. I also don't like how we got bi-weeks before two teams we beat anyway rather than in the meat of the sched. On the positive side havinging our conference sched totally backloaded has given us more time to get this young defense going. That young talent is really starting to click. Throw in that TM should get healthy and we are in good shape to make a run

I think the schedule is nice for our team this year, but sucks for being a fan.

:yeah

The bye weeks are really good for this squad, especially the defense. And having our toughest conference games back-loaded makes for a hard stretch run but gives us the most possible time to get everyone on the same page and up to speed.