Does it make you mad Missouri/Texas A&M are having success?

Neither of those programs had to endure Pederson and Callahan. They destroyed so much of what made us great. We are struggling to get back to where we once were. Long road with an offence that is a big time change away from what always gave us an vantage and to a defense that just doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what wearing a black shirt at Nebraska means. As for Missouri and Texas AnM don't give a $hit.

I will never understand why if Nebraska fans are supposed to be so smart, that they give Frank a pass for putting the program in the tolilet in the first place. I also don't care about what those two schools do in the SEC, if anything I agree that it is funny that the SEC can't defend against Big 12 offenses. It's not hard to make your defenses look good when nobody in that conference's playbook is larger than four plays.

Which toilet are you talking about? That he didn't win every game and an NC? Did he get the same kind of grace period that TO got. Did he have a supportive AD like TO did? Davaney as opposed to Pederson? No he didn't? Frank was basically picked by TO and Pederson couldn't handle that. He wanted to have his coach and install a new flashy offence. Sorry Steve you F'ed up. As for everything else you said, so what?

i dont think AF has the proper perspective of the times. Frank suffered one really bad year. One. Just One, and IMMEDIATELY made the tough decision of making wholesale staff and philosophical changes in order to right the ship. Alienating several tenured assistant coaches who had spent the majority of their adult lives at Nebraska. In doing so, and in hiring a younger, "more hip" and motivate staff, the recruiting began to pick up, and obvious improvements were made, but were'nt "good enought" and was canned anyway. THAT'S what tore the program apart and set us back.

Pederson and Solich never liked each other as underlings at Nebraska. Solich would have had to win the North to keep his job. I didn't think it was a good move at the time and I still don't. Solich was putting together an outstanding class and the defensive staff he had was also outstanding.

Neither of those programs had to endure Pederson and Callahan. They destroyed so much of what made us great. We are struggling to get back to where we once were. Long road with an offence that is a big time change away from what always gave us an vantage and to a defense that just doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what wearing a black shirt at Nebraska means. As for Missouri and Texas AnM don't give a $hit.

I will never understand why if Nebraska fans are supposed to be so smart, that they give Frank a pass for putting the program in the tolilet in the first place. I also don't care about what those two schools do in the SEC, if anything I agree that it is funny that the SEC can't defend against Big 12 offenses. It's not hard to make your defenses look good when nobody in that conference's playbook is larger than four plays.

Which toilet are you talking about? That he didn't win every game and an NC? Did he get the same kind of grace period that TO got. Did he have a supportive AD like TO did? Davaney as opposed to Pederson? No he didn't? Frank was basically picked by TO and Pederson couldn't handle that. He wanted to have his coach and install a new flashy offence. Sorry Steve you F'ed up. As for everything else you said, so what?

No the toilet that he took a program coming off of winning a MNC and was left with MNC talent and was too lazy to recruit to replace it. Anyone could win with the talent that Frank inherited. I guess you forgot that TO also handpicked Peterson too..lol.

I agree that Steve F'd up, but not by firing Frank, but by not letting him have one more year so he could be the one that blew the bowl streak, just like he blew every other streak with the exception of the Kansas one. He was still responsible, but Bill took the blame for having to try to coach a team with little or no talent with the exception of the LB's and Secondary.

i dont think AF has the proper perspective of the times. Frank suffered one really bad year. One. Just One, and IMMEDIATELY made the tough decision of making wholesale staff and philosophical changes in order to right the ship. Alienating several tenured assistant coaches who had spent the majority of their adult lives at Nebraska. In doing so, and in hiring a younger, "more hip" and motivate staff, the recruiting began to pick up, and obvious improvements were made, but were'nt "good enought" and was canned anyway. THAT'S what tore the program apart and set us back.

Pederson and Solich never liked each other as underlings at Nebraska. Solich would have had to win the North to keep his job. I didn't think it was a good move at the time and I still don't. Solich was putting together an outstanding class and the defensive staff he had was also outstanding.

He had 5 guys committed, and the total lack of offensive talent is what did him in. Our team played an easier schedule (two ranked teams) in 2003 and the offense was worse than it was in 2002.

No the toilet that he took a program coming off of winning a MNC and was left with MNC talent and was too lazy to recruit to replace it. Anyone could win with the talent that Frank inherited. I guess you forgot that TO also handpicked Peterson too..lol.

I agree that Steve F'd up, but not by firing Frank, but by not letting him have one more year so he could be the one that blew the bowl streak, just like he blew every other streak with the exception of the Kansas one. He was still responsible, but Bill took the blame for having to try to coach a team with little or no talent with the exception of the LB's and Secondary.

I agree with the bold. I had high hopes when Frank took over but quickly realized that once T.O.'s leftovers were gone, he was doomed. The guy couldn't recruit his way out of a brown paper bag. The cupboard was pretty bare when BC took over.

Frank was forced to make the coaching changes to save his job. That and he was told to get his butt out there to recruit and he still didn't recruit much during the season. 2003 was more about playing maybe the easiest schedule in school history than is was about improvements. I mean really, does anyone think that having that doofus Barney Cotton as an OC is an option for a competent coaching staff? As I stated before we only played two ranked teams (and were blown out by both) plus lost to an unranked Mizzou team by 17 points. This ties into what people are complaining about Bo now, beating bad teams and getting blown out by the good ones. The only difference is that Frank was handed the program at its peak and allowed it to slip to where it is now under his watch.

That is where as I stated before that I agree with you guys that SP really screwed up by firing Frank that year. He needed to let Frank complete his failure the next year when the offensive talent was even worse with only one scholarship QB in Joe Daily and three DL on the team. He let the boosters emotions take over after the KSU debacle when the stadiium was pretty much empty early in the 4th Qtr. Then there wouldn't have been any division in the fan base, but IDK if we still would have gotten a better coach because of how SP didn't brace the fan base for a proper rebuild (which is the best thing that TO did for Bo). There just was not a lot of talent to compete with OU and UT at that time, but with those expectations that SP put on BC, he had to go the JUCO route and that is not how you rebuild. Which ended up with the disaster of 2007 with that being the Senior class that was only 14 kids when signed due to the coaching change and all of the JUCO's that had already come and gone. Not to mention the 10 bowl teams played that year.

Even with all that being said, none of that happens if Frank takes recruiting more seriously.

• Fire 1

not sure how this pathetic thread ended up being about frank but ffs at least mention some things. he might not have been the best "closer" but he did bring in talent as an assistant. recruiting isnt just one coach bringing every player in either. before he revamped his staff he had one coach who didnt leave the state of nebraska, one coach who didnt leave his hoveraround and one coach who wasnt allowed to leave his office to recruit. without the 7-7 season frank doesnt get to fire coaches because the fan base wouldnt have allowed him to. he either should have went at the end of 7-7 or been given a year or two after the year he was fired.

dear lord, find something else to bitch about.frank wasnt as bad as people try to make him out to be.

I'm kinda laughing about it. SEC this, SEC that, and a couple of perennial Big XII also-rans are powers if the 'best' conference. Mizzou won what, 2 Big XII North titles and now lead the SEC east by 2 games... True power right there..

Mizzu and A&M are doing much better than we are. We haven't won a conference title since 1999. We live off our own legacy 95 this, 95 that. TO this, TO that. We've done nothing but get embarrassed on national TV since the 2002 Rose Bowl vs Miami. Both teams play in the best conference in CFB and are doing well oh and this is the same conference that has won the past 7 MNC's and a total of 9 out of the BCS's 15 year history. Yeah. FACTS buddy.

You honestly think the SEC is that powerful of a conference this season? Have you been watching the games?

Have you looked at the polls lately? Have you seen how many of their teams have been ranked in the top 10 this year? The SEC schools are tearing each other apart because they are that dang good! 20+ years ago the Big 8 was doing the SAME thing. How about the No. 1 team who has a pretty good chance to 3-peat?

the big8 was never that good. 1 year they were but apart from that it was usually just 2 teams.

as for the sec, they are top heavy. just because that one team has a chance to 3-peat doesnt make the rest of the conference that much better.

One year - I believe 1971 - there were 4 big 10 teams in the final top 10, I believe during our championship runs of the 94 & 95 Co, KSU, KU were all in the top 10 with us.

Yes, most of the time it was OU/Neb - but there were many years when a 3rd or 4th team would give the top pair a run for it.

Texas is bouncing back. They could win out. Yeah in a fluke kind of way like we did last year, right?

I didn't see the one point victory against Iowa State as one of those signature wins denoting a change in Longhorn fortune., But yeah, Texas could conceivably win out, same as Purdue.

I'm starting to get a handle on how this SEC/polls thing works...

1) Put almost all of them in the preseason top 25.

2) Did ranked SEC team #1beat ranked SEC team #2? Yes? Hooray. You just beat a spectacular team, SEC team #1. You move up 8 spots. SEC team #2? Oops. But you lost to a spectacular team! You're only punished by dropping one spot. After all...look at who you lost to!

3) SEC team #2 beats the hell out of a non-con team? Way to go! Move up 5 spots. SEC team #1 loses a close one to a non-con team? Oops. But you beat SEC team #2 a week ago, so it must've been a fluke. You only drop 2 spots.

4) SEC team #3 beats SEC #2. Congrats SEC team #3, move up 6 spots! Oops SEC team #2. But it's ok, because you only lost to yet another spectacular team, so you only fall two spots.

And around and around we go :ahhhhhhhh

FWIW, and maybe it's been mentioned already...but there are 4 teams ranked in the AP with two losses. 3 are from the SEC.

And this year is not the year to give them any extra credit as the sec didn't look all that amazing in its noncon matchups. One thing like to point out to all the people that say sec wins bcs every year is that part of that is because the bias puts them there everytime and not always has it been fair. He'll we've even had two sec teams in the champ game. What a joke