Coaches and AP Polls

Ohio State needs Mich and Nebraska (likely CCG opponent) to have high rankings. Until this week, Nebraska was UR with its only loss to #12 UCLA. I though there was a slim chance Bama could be left out with its weak schedule. Let's look at how the polls have protected Bama

LSU - two losses to UR teams BUT still is at #13

Va Tech - racking up wins vs pitiful competition including 3OT win vs Marshall and only 1 ranked ACC team on sked BUT still at #14

Auburn - one win vs a ranked team (A&M) and loss vs #13 LSU BUT still ranked #11

Missouri (Bama CCG likely opponent) - no wins over ranked teams BUT is ranked #5

I looked over BCS standing again this morning. IMO, five teams are over rankings:

5 - Mizzery. Especially Franklin-less (out for remaining season)

10 - Texas Tech. Lucky as hell.

17 - Fresno St. All easy cupcake foes.

18 - Northern Illinois. Ditto, all easy cupcake foes with the exception of Iowa(#NR).

25 - Oregon St. who lost FCS team.

Borderline: Virginia Tech(14), Okie Lite(19) and Gamecocks(21).

No respect teams: Baylor(8) and UCF(23). You ever watched Baylor game? It reminds me of Oregon performance. Bears 71, Cyclones 7 last Saturday.

Baylor is playing some insane football right now. While they might deserve more respect, they're still sitting pretty at #8 and control their destiny in a middling Big 12 pack.

Q: would you rather see Oregon vs. Baylor just to see who would outshoot each other, or either team vs. Alabama, to see which style of play prevails?

25 - Oregon St. who lost FCS team

Eastern Washington, defensive/bias alumni, is for real in the FCS level and would compete with many teams in the FBS. Vernon Adams is a STUD and could very well have torched NUs secondary in week 1 too. He is more athletic and has better WRs than Brett Smith at Wyoming. Just my slightly biased opinion why the Beavers one loss blemish is being slightly overlooked.

I looked over BCS standing again this morning. IMO, five teams are over rankings:

5 - Mizzery. Especially Franklin-less (out for remaining season)

10 - Texas Tech. Lucky as hell.

17 - Fresno St. All easy cupcake foes.

18 - Northern Illinois. Ditto, all easy cupcake foes with the exception of Iowa(#NR).

25 - Oregon St. who lost FCS team.

Borderline: Virginia Tech(14), Okie Lite(19) and Gamecocks(21).

No respect teams: Baylor(8) and UCF(23). You ever watched Baylor game? It reminds me of Oregon performance. Bears 71, Cyclones 7 last Saturday.

Oregon State always starts off slow. This year is no exception. In their defense, their SOS is better than DONU's.