Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

I personally think it would be better if this were the road we went down that Scott Frost be our Scott Frost.

If we're going down the road of semantics, then if Frost is our road not taken, he won't be our Scott Frost.

I feel smart because I get this... unless everyone else does too.

AF,

No I do not consider it magical, but I find it hard to believe that he would be fired. Most know I am not a huge Bo fan, was the first on this board to say I never liked him or his antics, from years back. But he has ran a clean program, dealt with problems mostly the correct way. I just dread the start over process, I really do not think it would be easy for anyone. I think firing him after 9 wins would cause us more problems about being delusional fans. But I only see him staying if he changes the staff, to experienced, qualified assistants. Proven winners in the college ranks. I like you, doubt he would do it. Too stubborn, bull headed, set in ways to grow.

I totally agree that 9 is not a good number for this schedule, and I believe we were very lucky last year to attain that number. What is happening this year is what I felt would happen last year. I never bought into to the youth being red shirted, would set the world on fire. If they were good enough, they should have played last year. We truly see where they were now.

I just want what is best for Nebraska. I would say the fans are 4 to 1 in wanting him gone. Today with Carl being accused of cocaine use, it was mentioned that was not good for Bo. That being said on the radio is not good for Bo or the program. Please do not think I am saying he is the same, but some people far from the program have already let that thought out.

I totally agree that 9 is not a good number for this schedule, and I believe we were very lucky last year to attain that number.

As a comparison to our division, let's not pretend the Big 8 was a tough schedule most years. And there were a couple of years in the 70's under Osborne that OU blew us out. Even OU had their struggles toward the end of that conference and K-State didn't emerge until toward the end.

Sker,

Serious question. Are you proud of this season so far? Were your early predictions along these lines? Did you expect Wyoming to give us the game they did? Did you expect the loss to Minnesota? If you did, you were one of the very few. I never expect much, just play good, look like you care, and try and improve. Do you truly feel those things are happening?

I want to believe as bad as anyone, but we should be doing better this year.

• Fire 1

Sker,

Serious question. Are you proud of this season so far? Were your early predictions along these lines? Did you expect Wyoming to give us the game they did? Did you expect the loss to Minnesota? If you did, you were one of the very few. I never expect much, just play good, look like you care, and try and improve. Do you truly feel those things are happening?

I want to believe as bad as anyone, but we should be doing better this year.

Of course I'm not happy about the season thus far. I figured the defense might struggle.....it's the lack of offensive production that has been more surprising. Based on how giddy we are about Armstrong starting now, I think that sentiment may be pretty common. I am well past being concerned about the Wyoming game.......because as I've continually believed.....the offense (yes, Martinez) doesn't turn the ball over twice and we're not even talking how close it was. And no, I didn't predict Minny would beat us. It happened. As I've stated, my goal is not to berate Pelini or our program. And yes, I believe we are close to taking the next step. Quarterback and MLB are key positions on the field. Let's let Pelini try to get that solved and quit this revolving door head coach crap.

AF,

No I do not consider it magical, but I find it hard to believe that he would be fired. Most know I am not a huge Bo fan, was the first on this board to say I never liked him or his antics, from years back. But he has ran a clean program, dealt with problems mostly the correct way. I just dread the start over process, I really do not think it would be easy for anyone. I think firing him after 9 wins would cause us more problems about being delusional fans. But I only see him staying if he changes the staff, to experienced, qualified assistants. Proven winners in the college ranks. I like you, doubt he would do it. Too stubborn, bull headed, set in ways to grow.

I totally agree that 9 is not a good number for this schedule, and I believe we were very lucky last year to attain that number. What is happening this year is what I felt would happen last year. I never bought into to the youth being red shirted, would set the world on fire. If they were good enough, they should have played last year. We truly see where they were now.

I just want what is best for Nebraska. I would say the fans are 4 to 1 in wanting him gone. Today with Carl being accused of cocaine use, it was mentioned that was not good for Bo. That being said on the radio is not good for Bo or the program. Please do not think I am saying he is the same, but some people far from the program have already let that thought out.

I was saying the same thing last year. I was hoping the AD would force Bo to get a real DC in the off season so we could have a good season this year.

I want to voice up now. I just purchased a brand new white Nebraska cap online. I have always loved my Cornhuskers, but it crushed me the day that the former Tennessee Volunteers' athletic director Steve Pederson took over the program about a decade ago. I knew he'd try and bring the Peyton Manning-air-it-out philosophy to Lincoln----which he sadly did. And with that, Nebraska football in my mind and in my own world was lost for about a half decade. I knew it. It killed me, but the good Lord helped me find other ways to fill that void at the time.

Now, when Dr. Tom Osborne came back on the scene in about 2007, I was working in Atlanta as a school teacher. I knew Osborne was wanting to bring back ole Nebraska as the Cornhusker state had been back during the 1980s and 1990s. I was ecstatic about the idea!

Osborne then brought in LSU assistant coach Bo Pelini to solve the matter. And the whole time, I just kept to myself knowing that coach Pelini would bring in the Osborne style of offense that would feature old style Nebraska, i.e. Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Turner Gill Nebraska!

And so I waited. One year, two years, and so on -- for Nebraska to bring in its option QB i.e. Tony Rice or Jamelle Holieway. I thought Pelini was going to bring back the Nebraska I remembered as a kid. A dear friend of mine from Alabama, a guy named Mike (an Alabama fan by the way), told me that everything was going to be fine and that coach Pelini was a strong defensive coach. He told me Pelini would rebuild Nebraska (with my ideas intact; searching for a new Tommie Frazier/Mickey Joseph/Keithen McCant) through its defense first because of Pelini's personality. I'll admit I wanted faster results, but after seeing that terrific defensive minded 10-4 team in 2009 that took Colt McCoy to the brink in the Big 12 title game, I saw Pelini's prowress as a coach.

After that, it was a long wait for the rest of what I considered to be "ole Nebraska" to come about. Finally, here we are in year 6 under coach Pelini, and I finally, finally see that Dr. Tom Osborne-style quarterback (or also late 80s Barry Switzer-style QB). I have to admit, I have watched Tommy Armstrong's Illinois game (39-19 Husker victory) about 5 times now. He's got it!

Now, if we can just win! It took Pelini to year #6 to bring in the Rich Rodriguez type Pat White to operate the show, and he comes in the form of a Cibolo, Texas native Tommy Armstrong. My first thoughts are..."Why did it take this long?" But now that we have him in place, lets just try and do the best we can all circumstances considered.

It's taken Bo Pelini so long, but he finally has the pieces in the right places offensively -- if they'll stay with what is working. Coach Pelini and Co. need to have a proper perspective on Taylor Martinez -- and that is that he was a stable caretaker for the program while Nebraska made its search for the right player to carry on the program's traditional offense (post 1981). Martinez has ability--absolutely. Still, I wouldn't ask him to run Oklahoma's 1986 wishbone offense as Jamelle Holieway did. They're two different athletes. Jamelle and Tommy Armstrong both have the skillset to play point guard in hoops while Martinez could only hope to man the 2-guard spot based upon the type of athlete he is.

Tommy Armstrong can take Nebraska further. He's more dynamic.

Frost for me is the worst decision that can be made right now. The worst. He is running a system that isn't his and coaching players that are not his recruits. He was a KSU when these guys were being recruited. The New head coach of the Ducks was the former OC. Why would anyone annoint him as the next TO?

Whats best for the program in my opinion is firing Bo regardless after this season. There comes a time when winning 9 games isn't getting the job done. Getting to Conference title games and getting embarrassed isn't worth it. Losing on average 3 games a season, and losing them in embarrasing fashion is not getting the job done. Being outcoached and outtalented by the big boys whether its Mack, Stoops, Bielema, Meyer or Hoke its not working out. Hoke at Michigan is winning games against most major competition. Didn't take him long to make an impact. O'Brien at Penn St is doing well considering he has been dealt limited Scholarships and NO bowl games thus far. Take a look around at those schools who have recently replaced coaches and you will see that most are making positive improvement. Nebraska improved from Callahan, but it was rock bottom then. Now its been in neutral far too long. The thing is the longer it takes the further off winning even a Big Ten title gets. I read once that every coach change it takes at least 3 years to turn things around. There are exceptions like Saban, and Meyer, but most are 3 year projects. Thats 3 years to see progress. So right now we are looking at 3 years after this if we get the right guy. Every year Bo is here, that margin gets deeper, because he is not producing the wins that bring in talent and that furthers the disaapointment among fans which in turn runs the program deeper into a hole.

• Fire 2

Go after someone even if they are coaching somewhere else right now and winning. Offer the mega cash load right up front. Saban is the choice, go get him offer $5 million, I bet he would listen at least. Who ever is the dream hire, money talks, bullsh$t walks. Its time to pony up. No more low balling do the right thing for all nebraskans anymore. Its obvious we want a winner, a conference winner in turn that would compete for National titles type of winner. I here on some talk shows on the radio that the Unversity is afraid to empty out the piggy bank because spending huge lump of cash for a coach would turn off most of us being the reason we don't go get a big name. To me thats crazy. If fans spend this much time complaining about the state of a program, they won't care about money being spent to improve it.

Go after someone even if they are coaching somewhere else right now and winning. Offer the mega cash load right up front. Saban is the choice, go get him offer $5 million, I bet he would listen at least. Who ever is the dream hire, money talks, bullsh$t walks. Its time to pony up. No more low balling do the right thing for all nebraskans anymore. Its obvious we want a winner, a conference winner in turn that would compete for National titles type of winner. I here on some talk shows on the radio that the Unversity is afraid to empty out the piggy bank because spending huge lump of cash for a coach would turn off most of us being the reason we don't go get a big name. To me thats crazy. If fans spend this much time complaining about the state of a program, they won't care about money being spent to improve it.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahah

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/salaries/ncaaf/coach/

Frost for me is the worst decision that can be made right now. The worst. He is running a system that isn't his and coaching players that are not his recruits. He was a KSU when these guys were being recruited. The New head coach of the Ducks was the former OC. Why would anyone annoint him as the next TO?

I dont disagree that Frost isn't a good choice for us, however you are wrong completely about his resume as he is a very good recruiter as the DeAnthony Thomas recruitment was due in large part to Frost. You are also wrong in the fact that he was at KSU when these guys playing for Oregon were recruited as he was at Oregon in 2009; which means that the guys brought in for 2009 would be RS seniors. So every kid currently playing at Oregon was recruited to Oregon while Scott was on the payroll.