What did we learn.....

Defense still has problems. Caught a couple breaks to create an illusion in the 2nd half. They did play better though too. We should have lost. I'm excited as all hell. Ameer is the best RB in the B1G. Taylor is our best quarterback. Michigan is going to win big and we will be back in meltdown mode. What a game though, I had a heart attack

You do realize that the Blackshirts only gave up 161 yards after the 1st QTR right? Northwestern only scored 10 points after the 1st QTR and those points were gained after costly turnovers and short fields.

. . . sure. And Northwestern only scored 10 points in four quarters plus overtime against mighty Iowa.

Defense still has problems. Caught a couple breaks to create an illusion in the 2nd half. They did play better though too. We should have lost. I'm excited as all hell. Ameer is the best RB in the B1G. Taylor is our best quarterback. Michigan is going to win big and we will be back in meltdown mode. What a game though, I had a heart attack

You do realize that the Blackshirts only gave up 161 yards after the 1st QTR right? Northwestern only scored 10 points after the 1st QTR and those points were gained after costly turnovers and short fields.

. . . sure. And Northwestern only scored 10 points in four quarters plus overtime against mighty Iowa.

Just to throw a little more gas on the fire..............

Indiana almost beat Minny

I learned that Tim Beck is never going to get better at calling plays.......................how could he not see the outside was open the entire second half for the option?! Westerkamp is and will be a stud for us, kid had a great game. AA is truly a man, he put the entire team on his back and said, "Follow me!" Armstrong isn't the second coming of Jesus and needs a lot of work, but the future is bright and he can run the option like crazy. The defense has the ability to stop opposing teams when the right adjustments are made and they get a fire lit under their arse. Memorial Stadium can get loud and it needs to be that way for MSU and Iowa because this team needs that support.

I learned that Tim Beck is never going to get better at calling plays.......................how could he not see the outside was open the entire second half for the option?! Westerkamp is and will be a stud for us, kid had a great game. AA is truly a man, he put the entire team on his back and said, "Follow me!" Armstrong isn't the second coming of Jesus and needs a lot of work, but the future is bright and he can run the option like crazy. The defense has the ability to stop opposing teams when the right adjustments are made and they get a fire lit under their arse. Memorial Stadium can get loud and it needs to be that way for MSU and Iowa because this team needs that support.

Bo micromanaged him and gave him a 60/40 run pass split. (Same game plan as SDSU) You are seeing why Watson left as he got tired of Bo's micromanaging/forcing of TMart as the starting QB. I agree with you about AA, he is a special talent and TA just needs experience. As for the defense, they were playing against a team that lost their best WR, were on their 4th (maybe 5th) string RB and QB with a bum ankle. Talent wise what NW had to work with was basically S.Miss, SDSU type talent, so I really don't think it tells us that much about the defense. The next few weeks will do that as we will finally play teams that are not on long losing streaks (5 now for NW, and Illinois hasn't won a conference game since Nov 11th, 2011) or teams that are pure garbage. It was a fun win, it may just prolong the inevitable as far Bo's future (or lack thereof) here at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

That driving your car, while pulling a trailer cross country, is not a good time to have a near heart attack. Of course I have to move during a decent game dammit. Stupid Army.

On a side note, couldn't watch the game but while listening to it on XM it sounded like the defense made in-game adjustments as opposed to waiting till halftime. If so, that's a plus finally...

Pretty sure Colter didn't play that game so a huge difference there. Iowa also didn't turn the ball over repeatedly and put their D in tough positions like 1st and goal.

Bo micromanaged him and gave him a 60/40 run pass split. (Same game plan as SDSU) You are seeing why Watson left as he got tired of Bo's micromanaging/forcing of TMart as the starting QB. I agree with you about AA, he is a special talent and TA just needs experience. As for the defense, they were playing against a team that lost their best WR, were on their 4th (maybe 5th) string RB and QB with a bum ankle. Talent wise what NW had to work with was basically S.Miss, SDSU type talent, so I really don't think it tells us that much about the defense. The next few weeks will do that as we will finally play teams that are not on long losing streaks (5 now for NW, and Illinois hasn't won a conference game since Nov 11th, 2011) or teams that are pure garbage. It was a fun win, it may just prolong the inevitable as far Bo's future (or lack thereof) here at Nebraska.

While what you're saying might be true about Bo micromanaging, I have no doubt it probably is from what I've seen, can't some of the downers give the defense some credit? They've very easily could've folded, but they didn't. And they were still playing against Colter who has giving us fits the past few seasons. I agree Bo's future is still very shaky, winning doesn't fix everything........

While what you're saying might be true about Bo micromanaging, I have no doubt it probably is from what I've seen, can't some of the downers give the defense some credit? They've very easily could've folded, but they didn't. And they were still playing against Colter who has giving us fits the past few seasons. I agree Bo's future is still very shaky, winning doesn't fix everything........

I agree with you guys. But what I liked about this game is that, in spite of everything going down how it did and us looking very sloppy at time, this team finally showed heart. They showed they'll fight and they have big cojones on that goal line stand. I think all of these things were things that we all were questioning about this year's edition of the Huskers.

But what I also learned was that... as much as I still think Bo has many, many flaws as a head coach and wish we would look elsewhere after the season... as strongly as I feel that way, I more strongly just want to WIN. I learned I will continue to support Bo... as long as he continues to rack up the W's. When the L's start coming in, his butt is on the line.

That being said, great win by the entire team and unreal risiliency. RKIII and Westerkamp just became immortalized NU legends last night, folks. GBR!