lousy Big Ten to ruin ohios NC dreams

MichiganMan

Fun Fact: The last time Ohio State beat a Top 10 Team was 2006.

Depending on how you're counting a Top 10 team they did beat #8 (at the time) Arkansas in the 2011 Sugar Bowl.

And they beat #10 Iowa and #7 Oregon during the 2009 season. So I'm assuming you're talking a team that finished in the Top 10.

Fun Fact. Texas A&M fans don't know that there are years that came after 2006.

#8 Arkansas lost to Ohio State 31-26 (And before you say anything, look at the wording I chose) in 2010

Ohio State beat #7 Oregon 26-17 in 2010 (2009 season)

Another Fun Fact: Texas A&M has never beaten Ohio State

http://www.cbssports...-its-bcs-dreams

The 20 wins have come against teams with a cumulative record of 99-109. Take away Michigan on Nov. 30 and Ohio State's next three opponents are a combined 7-14.

Also only four of those wins have come against a team that was ranked at the time: No. 21 Nebraska and No. 20 Michigan last year; and No. 23 Wisconsin and No. 16 Northwestern this year. Northwestern who almost beat Ohio State has gone on to lose 5 games in a row and is no longer ranked.

Only 12 of those 20 finished last season with a winning record or have a winning record this year.

Another fun fact, All time record:

Ohio State: 837 - 316 - 53 which is 69% winning, 27% losing and 4% ties.

Texas A&M: 692 - 452 - 48 which is 58% winning, 38% losing and 4% ties.

Nebraska: 856 - 353 - 40 which is 69% winning, 28% losing and 3% ties.

I know that their are a lot of people that try to us the "what have you done for me lately" arguement, but I would take a look at the history of a program as a whole rather than just the last few years. If I did take a look at the last few years, I would at least get my facts straight. :)

Only 12 of those 20 finished last season with a winning record or have a winning record this year.

I love cherry picking stats like this. Now, if we look at just about any schedule for school in a conference, wouldn't around half the schools they play against have losing records? Since we are just cherry picking stats, lets look at Alabama's schedule. I am not counting bowl games and conference championship games since OSU didn't have the chance to compete last year and to keep the amount of games played equal. Over the past 20 games Alabama has played 8 teams that finished last season with a winning record or have a winning record this year. So far the combined record of those schools are 102-111.