Where is Imani's power? Is he not waiting for blocks?

He will come up big, very big before the end of the year. He, much like TA, just needs the proper calls from Beck to utilize his talents.

I would love to see more I formations and power running. Unsure how successful we will be against UM and MSU with "finesse" as our OL is so depleted. Line it up and punch them both in the mouth ala Minnie to us, and flat wear them out.

I don't care who we are playing, who is in the backfield, who is at QB, etc. This should be the strategy EVERY game.

It would be nice to be able to do this. But I'm not sure we have the offensive line to just line up and run it down people's throats.

He will come up big, very big before the end of the year. He, much like TA, just needs the proper calls from Beck to utilize his talents.

I would love to see more I formations and power running. Unsure how successful we will be against UM and MSU with "finesse" as our OL is so depleted. Line it up and punch them both in the mouth ala Minnie to us, and flat wear them out.

I don't care who we are playing, who is in the backfield, who is at QB, etc. This should be the strategy EVERY game.

It would be nice to be able to do this. But I'm not sure we have the offensive line to just line up and run it down people's throats.

Agreed Mav. Which is why I think MSU's overly aggressive DL plays right into our running games favor.

I thought I read that he lost 25 lbs over the summer, trying to get faster. I think that's why his power has been lacking this year compared to last year.

Yeah He wanted to become an every down back but I gotta say he may be better off embracing the short yardage role. Its not like he wasnt getting plenty of glory. Although having him be more well rounded will help with depth.

I don't see that he's running any different this year than last year.

He doesn't seem to have the power to be a power back, nor the speed/agility to be a speed back. He does have a big frame and surprisingly good balance though so perhaps he can develop his own style/niche.

He would certainly be a "man among boys" in H.S. due to his obvious early physical maturation, but once in college, and others are just as physically mature, the genuine talent shines a little bit differently. Coming in that physically developed/mature as a freshman means that he has less growth potential throughout college.

I love the guy's work ethic and hope he does well but I wouldn't put any money on him breaking through.

What did TA/RK combine for...42ish passes? I think we can find another 17 or so running plays in there, and get Newby/Cross the ball a little more. Just my opinion, but I don't think the QB at Nebraska - especially a freshmen, should be throwing the ball 40+ times. 20-25 max. The fact that we turned the ball over 4 times in the passing game proves the risk is too high right now. The carries are there, if Beck so chooses.

• Fire 1

What did TA/RK combine for...42ish passes? I think we can find another 17 or so running plays in there, and get Newby/Cross the ball a little more. Just my opinion, but I don't think the QB at Nebraska - especially a freshmen, should be throwing the ball 40+ times. 20-25 max. The fact that we turned the ball over 4 times in the passing game proves the risk is too high right now. The carries are there, if Beck so chooses.

Exactly. Against NW they shouldnt have thrown as much as they did so doing the same AT Michigan would be essentially handingthe win to the Wolverines. Kinda like '11, hope Beck remembers this and learns from his mistakes. Run run run draw run THEN maybe . Play action.

Good Lord....I hadn't looked at that stat. There is absolutely no reason for us to be passing the ball 42 times when our QBs are struggling to barely complete 50%.

The final drive or two inflated the passing stats because we weren't really in a position to run the ball anymore. We also weren't doing as well as we usually do in the rushing game with only a 3.6 ypc average. That said, heading into the 3rd quarter, TA already had thrown the ball 23 times. That's about the max he should have for an entire game, imho, and we need to find ways to get our backs more involved. TA has some strides to make in the passing game and regardless of circumstances, six INT's in the last two starts is evident of that.

Some left over residue from the Callahan days. I gotta go wash my eyes now >.<