Casey Martinez decides to open his mouth

NUpolo8

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/injured-qbs-father-says-sons-return-unlikely

Now......

Not a screaming amount of new information is abundant in this article. I mean, I guess people can speculate now that the injury to the "ball of his foot" means he's a soccer style kicker when it comes to refrigerators and lockers instead of square-toed (if so, props for getting with the times!). But it bothers me to no end that Casey had to go and fire off an email to the AP after Bo's press conference.

Bo discussed this in his presser. This is Bo's team. Bo has made it extraordinarily obvious how he likes info to flow on his team. Through him, and the filter catches a lot. Whatever. His right. At this point Casey has to know that, and this isn't the first time he's pulled crap like this.

And I know the knee jerk is "mew mew Taylor is his son and he wants to protect hurr durrrr" but this isn't 2010 and Taylor isn't 19 anymore. He's a man, capable of living by himself and making choices with his coach about whether he can play or not. It was a flipping pipe dream that Taylor saw a down in the nfl anyway, and I'm not sure why they had to point out on all the goals missed by Taylor tweaking his foot.

In short, I don't much care for Casey Martinez. And I'm pretty certain 99.99% of people complaints about Taylor's mannerisms and actions are directly tributes to his sh**ty handling by his father.

I love you, polo, and I'm with you that Casey is sort of an annoying presence. But I didn't see anything wrong with the email. Probably it was a news organization trying to get some gossip out of the situation, and Casey simply responded. Seemed to fit in with the story we heard from Bo, but giving a little more detail on the injury.

I love you, polo, and I'm with you that Casey is sort of an annoying presence. But I didn't see anything wrong with the email. Probably it was a news organization trying to get some gossip out of the situation, and Casey simply responded. Seemed to fit in with the story we heard from Bo, but giving a little more detail on the injury.

Except that is kinda my point. If it fits in with the story (and I hope it's the truth, not a story) then the response from me, should my son is fortunate enough to be an athlete, or anyone that I would respect would have been---"my sons coach covered it in full in his press conference"

This article is him thrusting himself into Taylor's achievements and life. No different than his frigging clothing line he started when Taylor signed at Nebraska.

I think he just backed up what Bo said. And we really do not know how it got started, may have been a response to question that was sent to him. My boss lives next door to them, he says Casey is a great guy, that spends all his time with his kids. That the third son plans to attend Nebraska.

I think he just backed up what Bo said. .

Ain't his job.

I realized I was probably going to be on an island with this. But the best way a student athlete can mature and be the best/she he can be is to be left alone by his parents and figure it out for himself with his/her's coaches instruction in their head.

Taylor has never been close to having that.

I think he just backed up what Bo said. .

Ain't his job.

I realized I was probably going to be on an island with this. But the best way a student athlete can mature and be the best/she he can be is to be left alone by his parents and figure it out for himself with his/her's coaches instruction in their head.

Taylor has never been close to having that.

I really think you are making this out to be a bigger deal than it needs to be.... we get it you don't care for Casey... or Taylor... but come on, THIS is really not an issue

I don't see a problem with Casey commenting directly to the press on this issue, especially if they are fairly certain Taylor has already taken his last snap as a Husker. I am a little disappointed that they passed on the opportunity to dangle the possibility of TM playing at any given time. Could've at least made our opponents commit some prep time for the possibility. I suppose the NFL dream dies hard and this is a very tough way to end a wonderful college career. No reason to think that isn't extremely hard on his father as well. I wish them both the best.