what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

• Fire 2

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

+1. Very much agree with this post, especially the bolded. Can't believe how well they played.

Michigan State's defense is good but not great and extremely overrated. I've heard commentators talking about how they're the best defense in college football. In my opinion, that's just nonsense. I think Alabama has a better defense. And Florida State's defense is the best one that I've seen in awhile. The amount of speed they have all over the field is insane. And they also hold up well against the run.

What I say today has pretty much did me in. I'm serious. I just can't continue to make the same old excuses that I myself have used up until today. Today axed it. I really think it's time for a change. Whether it be wholesale coordinators or the HC period. There's just a mental block going on here. I know. I know. Bo cant make tackles and hang on to the ball or whatever. But this happens time and time again. Simple football. The basics. Cant catch a pitch. WR hooks instead of cuts, qb sees it wrong, results in int. Dropping a punt. Calling a pulling play on our own goal line and the pulling G runs into the qb knocking the ball out of his hands. I can put anything on the Armstrong fumble at the end of the half. We did the safest thing possible there to get out of the half outside of taking a knee, and their defending reached in and stripped. But all other boneheaded mistakes in a big game just continue to happen. THERE IS NO SIGN IT WILL EVER BE FIXED. Literally giving games away against equal or better competition, and having to miraculously come back against much lesser competition becuase of said mistakes. it's a mental block. Michigan St in the talent department is no more ahead of Nebraska, but as a football team is about 2 td's better and that's how this game played out. They did the little things. Almost 6 years in, and we still cant put together a punt return team.

I know this team is young. I know theyre talented. I know they love Bo and I know he loves them. I know he's done it the right way and so on, and there isnt a single Nebraska fan in the world that doesnt want him to succeed, but I just dont think it's gonna happen. It's just a mistake riddin group week after week. I just dont think we can afford to ruin this talented young group with what is more and more being seen as pretty careless and ignorant coaching when it comes to all the little things that you HAVE to do to be a good team.

See you later man! Don't let the door hit you where God split you!

What do you mean?

I'm not going nowhere.

Constructive criticism and admitting I may have been wrong about Bo's ability as a head coach and point out the obvious issues of this team not being able to get out of its own way not just this year, but over the past half decade, makes me less of a fan? And undeserving to take part in HuskerBoard?

• Fire 2

Just an FYI for everyone here..

Every. Single. Turnover....was by a freshman. Let that sink in.

4 of those turnovers were the most gift wrapped preventable turnovers possible. Catch the pitch. Throw the ball to the receiver. Hold onto the ball (punt). Hold onto the ball(fumble on 1). IT'S BASIC FOOTBALL. Freshman have nothing to do with it. These guys were taught these simple fundamentals 15 years ago.

What I say today has pretty much did me in. I'm serious. I just can't continue to make the same old excuses that I myself have used up until today. Today axed it. I really think it's time for a change. Whether it be wholesale coordinators or the HC period. There's just a mental block going on here. I know. I know. Bo cant make tackles and hang on to the ball or whatever. But this happens time and time again. Simple football. The basics. Cant catch a pitch. WR hooks instead of cuts, qb sees it wrong, results in int. Dropping a punt. Calling a pulling play on our own goal line and the pulling G runs into the qb knocking the ball out of his hands. I can put anything on the Armstrong fumble at the end of the half. We did the safest thing possible there to get out of the half outside of taking a knee, and their defending reached in and stripped. But all other boneheaded mistakes in a big game just continue to happen. THERE IS NO SIGN IT WILL EVER BE FIXED. Literally giving games away against equal or better competition, and having to miraculously come back against much lesser competition becuase of said mistakes. it's a mental block. Michigan St in the talent department is no more ahead of Nebraska, but as a football team is about 2 td's better and that's how this game played out. They did the little things. Almost 6 years in, and we still cant put together a punt return team.

I know this team is young. I know theyre talented. I know they love Bo and I know he loves them. I know he's done it the right way and so on, and there isnt a single Nebraska fan in the world that doesnt want him to succeed, but I just dont think it's gonna happen. It's just a mistake riddin group week after week. I just dont think we can afford to ruin this talented young group with what is more and more being seen as pretty careless and ignorant coaching when it comes to all the little things that you HAVE to do to be a good team.

See you later man! Don't let the door hit you where God split you!

What do you mean?

I'm not going nowhere.

Constructive criticism and admitting I may have been wrong about Bo's ability as a head coach and point out the obvious issues of this team not being able to get out of its own way not just this year, but over the past half decade, makes me less of a fan? And undeserving to take part in HuskerBoard?

Read your first sentence wrong...apologies. Thought you were saying you were 'done in'.

Oh i get it. we're cool now. LOL.

Man it's a grumpy bunch tonight eh?

4 of those turnovers were the most gift wrapped preventable turnovers possible. Catch the pitch. Throw the ball to the receiver. Hold onto the ball (punt). Hold onto the ball(fumble on 1). IT'S BASIC FOOTBALL. Freshman have nothing to do with it. These guys were taught these simple fundamentals 15 years ago.

Freshman have less time playing ball and adjusting to the game at this level and if you think that's not part of the problem, then step away from the bong. It does matter.

I'll give you the strip on Armstrong at the end of the half. But the rest were basic, simple fundementals. There's a hell of a lot more to the problem than freshman. This aint the first game/season this sh#ts been takin place

(takes another hit)

(grabs handful of cheetos)

Freshman have less time playing ball and adjusting to the game at this level and if you think that's not part of the problem, then step away from the bong. It does matter.

Agree. Why the heck were we throwing a pitch to a freshman at that point anyway? Where was Abdullah? Why would we not give Newby an opportunity at a normal handoff before bringing him in cold to handle a pitch by a quarterback known for haphazard/risky pitching!?