First time all season I have felt like this...

???  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ABDULLAH WAS IN ON THAT FUMBLE. DIAMOND FORMATION, TOMMY CALLED AN AUDIBLE AT THE LINE TO GO THE OPPOSITE WAY. AMEER WAS BLOCKING.

That fumble was all on Newby. I am a firm believer, if the ball hits your hands, its your job to bring it in, whether its behind you or right on target. If that ball would have been out of Newby's reach, then I would put it on TA's shoulders.

Exactly. Catch the ball and it's ten yards. The most basic thing in football. And yet, we fail to execute it and do the exact thing we couldnt do all day on the 3rd frickin play of the game.

Beck was okay today. I am critical of him at times, but I also try to be fair, and today he did a good job. I thought he exposed the impregnable MSU defense with good playcalling, so I think he did his job. Now the turnovers are another matter, relating more to the execution side.

Yeah we can sit and nitpick "Oh on drive X he should have called play Y and not play Z" but that is a bit unfair, you are asking for perfection there and the offense is young and bound to make some errors

How many teams have scored 21 (plus 7 trash points) points against this defense this year?

He did it with basically his second string qb, o line, and some receivers.

For us to be even in this game with 5 TOs is a pretty good coaching day when you are missing the pieces we were.

Martinez at 80% is better than every other QB on our roster. By a lot.

These two things.

Isn't it the job of the coaches to make sure the players are prepared to do basic things like catching and holding on to the football? Since when is that kind of stuff not in the job description?

That should be part of Beck's overall evaluation. It's not just play-calling (although that leaves a lot to be desired).

Why do we feel the must, to pull AA on the 3rd play ?? Was he tired ?? Hurt ???? Just dumb.. I don't ever remembering Osborne devany, solich pulling s starting RB on the 3rd play. That was just plain dumb and it lead to a fumble.

I'm all for the underclass to get some PT but not the 3rd play of the biggest game all year. Smh.

WE WERE IN DIAMOND FORMATION!!! HE WAS IN THE GAME!!!

How many turnovers did we have today? Five? That's the real reason we lost this game.

Sure, I would completely agree if we weren't down by two scores (13 points) with 8 minutes left in the game.

I think they got either 24 or 31 points off of turnovers. Not saying we would have won if we hadn't turned it over so much. But it would have been a close game.

Oh well. Spilled milk.

I agree with you. My brother and I were talking about the game, and we both said that it seemed like we were beating them most of the game but then we would turn the ball over and give them a really short field. If you take away all of our turnovers, or at least the ones where we gave them a short field to work with, it may have turned out differently. I couldn't believe we were still in it as well as we were as often as we were turning the ball over.

Has anyone here been at the reigns of a BCS program and tried to play offense or defense with a game on the line?

That's not a very valid arguement. Beck does have the reigns, he wanted to take the job....so he is expected to do the job. I don't agree at all that this loss was Beck's fault. This loss comes down to turnovers, plain and simple. I'm not saying that I could do a better job than any of the coaches, but I would think that sometimes they could do a little bit better considering it's their job and that's all they do all day every day.

Isn't it the job of the coaches to make sure the players are prepared to do basic things like catching and holding on to the football? Since when is that kind of stuff not in the job description?

That should be part of Beck's overall evaluation. It's not just play-calling (although that leaves a lot to be desired).

Why should it be the coaches job? The players are the ones responsible for catching and holding on to the ball. They have been doing it their whole lives and it is what got them to this point. It is just like when I practice catching flyballs with my players and then they get in a game and they drop a routine flyball.

Why should it be the coaches job? The players are the ones responsible for catching and holding on to the ball. They have been doing it their whole lives and it is what got them to this point. It is just like when I practice catching flyballs with my players and then they get in a game and they drop a routine flyball.

Because turnovers are a critical aspect of football. Fluke turnovers happen - no one's denying that, but when it happens as regularly as it does around here for as long as it has, it's systematic. How so many continue to deny that is mind-boggling.

• Fire 1

I just don't get how firing the coaches would help after this loss. It was completely on the players yesterday. The lack of focus cost us and not just the TO's not blocking on punt returns is killing us and Westerkamp. All of the drops, and giving up a third down conversion when it was third and damn near twenty just can not happen.

these five straight pass plays include the missed PI against enunwa? because had he been able to extend the arm dennard was holding then we'd probably be calling beck a genius. enunwa had a half step and the ball was placed almost perfectly.

it's little things like this that make beck look like he is forgetting what he is doing. if they are executed properly the offense looks like a well oiled machine. but more often than not there is a small breakdown, ie missed block, bad pass, dropped ball, causing the offense to sputter. if that pass is completed, he just opened up more space for AA to work with, and maybe now instead of 8 yards a pop he is getting 12 yards.

i do agree that the offense lacks a true identity. but that may be more to the changing in all the personnel. eliminate a few of the injuries and we might have an idea of what beck is trying to do.

This is a stupid statement. Do you truly believe that they don't work on ball security every day in practice? They work on this stuff every day. Turnovers at that level in a game a complete mental thing.

• Fire 1

This is a stupid statement. Do you truly believe that they don't work on ball security every day in practice? They work on this stuff every day. Turnovers at that level in a game a complete mental thing.

I don't recall saying they don't work on it, maybe you can help me out here? I agree, it would be a stupid statement.

Of course they work on it. They've been working on it for 5+ years now with little-to-no progress. And that's the point. Their idea of "working on it" isn't solving the problem.

And I agree with the mental thing, which comes down to preparation, which comes down to coaching.

I don't recall saying they don't work on it, maybe you can help me out here? I agree, it would be a stupid statement.

Of course they work on it. They've been working on it for 5+ years now with little-to-no progress. And that's the point. Their idea of "working on it" isn't solving the problem.

And I agree with the mental thing, which comes down to preparation, which comes down to coaching.

Little to no progress? Who the hell are you watching? Those are the first fumbles we've had in three seasons. Also, I remind you, that yes,, the ball came out of our players arms, hit the ground, and went into the opponents hands which certainly resembles what you would call a fumble, but the Nebraska HeyAtleastWeTriedOurBestSkersYay call those little bundles of joy, and we love giving little bundles of joy to our opponents. It makes us feel all ooey gooey warm and fuzzy inside. So, fumbles-5 but moral fumbles +5.

Because turnovers are a critical aspect of football. Fluke turnovers happen - no one's denying that, but when it happens as regularly as it does around here for as long as it has, it's systematic. How so many continue to deny that is mind-boggling.

When 75% of the players touching the ball are either redshirt or true freshman you're going to have problems with turnovers. It's been my biggest problem with starting Armtrong.

Think about this though, if Martinez and Turner don't get injured and play this game those 5 turnovers most likely don't happen.