Jameis Winston Case just got interesting...

AgMarauder04

An attorney friend contacted Detective Scott Angulo of the Tallahassee Police Department, who told the lawyer that "Tallahassee was a big football town and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against him because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable," according to the statement.

Hmmm....

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story. Seminoles ranked #2. Heisman candidate starting QB. I mean, there is some coverage of this. But you'd think this should be a fairly huge scandal. It's not though. And Jameis Winston continues to suit up each week, just like nothing happened. Go figure. :shrug:

Once again, I fail to see how this is a big deal.

It's not hard to see how it's a big deal, but there is a lot to be suspicious about for any casual observer.

It doesn't seem shady IMO. The police just told her the truth. Yes, if you're filing a sexual assault against a popular sports figure, there will be lots of people that will berate her and "rake her over the coals". Is it right? Of course not. Is it something she should probably know? IMO, yes. No reason to make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Once again, I fail to see how this is a big deal.

It's not hard to see how it's a big deal, but there is a lot to be suspicious about for any casual observer.

It doesn't seem shady IMO. The police just told her the truth. Yes, if you're filing a sexual assault against a popular sports figure, there will be lots of people that will berate her and "rake her over the coals". Is it right? Of course not. Is it something she should probably know? IMO, yes. No reason to make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Oh yeah I totally agree with you on that sentiment. I thought you were talking about the case in general.

The timing that this came out at always intrigues me.

I am not saying this young lady is making it up. I have no idea, and not accusing her of lying or trying for attention.

But you gotta wonder her true motive. Lets be honest, it isnt the truth. It is either payback or a payday... simple as that.

Not taking JW side... but I just always wonder when these stories decide to come out...

When this first started to me it was one of two things becuase of the timing.....

1) She's after money or something whatever, only because Winston is now a superstart, etc.

or

2) It was a coverup from the beginning becuase he's a football player and was going to be a star. I'll be honest, I wouldnt put it by Jimbo to orchestrate such a deal.

I was on the fence and didnt know what to think either way. But with all this new information, it's starting to get pretty shaky.

As far as this comment goes.....

While yes, they were telling her the truth, that's not their damn job. Theyre law enforcement. The gal was just raped, and youre gonna lecture her on not pursuing against the future of the local college football team? What the hell is wrong with our society? That whole part of the situation is the sickest part of the whole deal. She couldve claimed it was anyone, but since it was Florida St's future star involved, oh no, that'd be a no fly zone ma'am. Sorry.

Not shady? To me, this is extremely disturbing.

What a crock of sh#t.