Sipple: "It would be wrong to break up this staff."

Ulty

I'm elated with the win against Penn State and have come back around to realizing that Bo deserves to stay, after having been down on the idea for much of the season.

Seriously? Beating a 6-5 Penn State team in overtime, that has losses to Indiana, & Minny is all it took to change your mind? Every issue that has plagued this team for 3 seasons was right there, front and center trying to lose us a game we should have dominated. We're a 3 inch wide extra point attempt away from a loss and yet you're on the Bo-wagon because there's another W in the column? Come on man, quit flip flopping.

The damn special teams play is enough for me to want Bo out. I've never, at any level, seen punt coverage like that. Why do we even bother to put more than 3-4 guys out on the field? What the hell...that is a glaring beacon of light into Bo's HC ability. How can he watch that week in and week out and not step up and make a change? That's an HC duty, but he's either got his head in the sand, or just doesn't care. That's one glimpse so obvious even the casual fan can see the deficiency. But I can guarantee you the same deficiencies exists in other aspects of the game as well, most of us just aren't smart enough to see it so we go on thinking things are great. But opposing coaches see it.

There is more to my evolving opinion than just the outcome of this game alone, but the purpose of this thread was to discuss the possibility or necessity of staff changes. On that topic, my opinion is that Bo should stay but must make some staff changes. To not do so would be to continue to bang his and our heads against the wall for another year.

To state my reasons for "flip flopping" does not belong in this thread. If I get 5 +1's (attention whore!) I'll start a new thread to discuss my opinions in response to your bitter post. But then again, opinions about Bo's job security have been beaten to death already around here, so it's quite all right if no one cares about my particular opinion on that. It probably will not be worth it to get in a debate with the perpetually stubborn negative nellies.

Sipple is a Kool-aid drinking buffoon. I get why some want Pelini gone. I get why some want to give him more time. In my view, there are points to be made on either side, but claiming that squeaking out a win against Penn State represents some sort of "magic" which would make it criminal to shake up the staff is asinine...and exactly the type of sycophantic drivel that makes Sipple hard to take seriously.

• Fire 3

Sipple is a Kool-aid drinking buffoon. I get why some want Pelini gone. I get why some want to give him more time. In my view, there are points to be made on either side, but claiming that squeaking out a win against Penn State represents some sort of "magic" which would make it criminal to shake up the staff is asinine...and exactly the type of sycophantic drivel that makes Sipple hard to take seriously.

well said. that was my thought. this is a psu team that probably won't have a winning record. yeah, bo probably does deserve more time. well maybe not "deserve, but it would probably be most prudent to keep him for at least another year. but, as tfree32 said, this game has nothing to do with it. it was an exciting game, but should not really change your outlook on the program.

Need a new special teams coach, DC and strength and conditioning coach. Not too pleased with the OC but i would give him one more year i think due to all the turn over at QB, WR and o-line. Overall when you put it all together it really comes down to not having an experienced HC and doesn't bode well for Bo's future. He really is overwhelmed i think.

This is the best way I can put it as well. He's just overwhelmed at times. This is where the steady hand of more experience surrounding him would help him greatly. I though we might be headed in the direction of his seeing the light and helping himself by making some staff changes, instead, today we hear quite the opposite.

Winning cures all. Even some things that shouldn't be cured. A win should not erase all troubles just like a loss should not magnify the hell out of them. The same people that bitch about meltdowns when we lose are the same ones that go way overboard with the sunshine and sprinkles when we win. There are problems. They need to be addressed or we will not ever get better. Do we want to get better? Sometimes I think many here have settled for right where we are. Winnings good, but let's strive for more. Always strive for more.

What gets lost so often in striving for more, is forgetting that there are a lot of places that could be far worse. If we want to strive for more, we can't ever forget where we were and where other programs are. That's what posters (myself included) are trying to emphasize. Not that there aren't any problems and the losses have come off pure bad luck or are just aberrations; no, we know there are problems, just like you know there are problems.

Who doesn't want to win a national championship? Who doesn't want their teams to compete game in and game out? Nobody. Nobody is satisfied with their team showing up and laying an egg on the field. But a lot of people are satisfied knowing that their team manages to get to certain points that a majority of teams can not get to. We'll be all the more satisfied when we take that next step forward and win 11, maybe even 12 games. But we're happy with not winning 7 or 8 games.

So......no staff changes?

This. Sipple is always trying his hardest to hang is sunshine and rainbows spin on anything and everything he can. I can't read the guys stuff usually. I understand his position though. He is right beside this program and doesn't want to step on toes, but that doesn't mean he has to kiss Bos ass either. Funny thing is, hearing Sipple talk on Big Red Wrap up and things like that, he almost seems like an entirely different person than the way you perceive him from his writing.

I wouldn't necessarily call him a buffoon, but Kool aid drinker and ass kisser of Pelini, certainly.

Changes need to be made to the special teams coach, clearly. Probably strength and conditioning as well but after that it gets hard to figure out.

Is the newly aggressive defense attributed to Paps or to Bo and are we going to keep it next year? We've seen so many years of bend and break defense that I feel like they went aggressive to make up for poor play. I didn't get to watch much of the PSU game but it doesn't seem like Paps is doing much on the sidelines except calling in plays for Bo. I tend to think we need to hire a DC with some experience.

I'm fine with Beck. If he gets a HC job at another school I wont be real sad to see him go but he doesn't deserve to be let go. For the most part I think he's done a good job calling games. He needs some more experience and I think he will be fine.

I'm elated with the win against Penn State and have come back around to realizing that Bo deserves to stay, after having been down on the idea for much of the season.

Seriously? Beating a 6-5 Penn State team in overtime, that has losses to Indiana, & Minny is all it took to change your mind? Every issue that has plagued this team for 3 seasons was right there, front and center trying to lose us a game we should have dominated. We're a 3 inch wide extra point attempt away from a loss and yet you're on the Bo-wagon because there's another W in the column? Come on man, quit flip flopping.

The damn special teams play is enough for me to want Bo out. I've never, at any level, seen punt coverage like that. Why do we even bother to put more than 3-4 guys out on the field? What the hell...that is a glaring beacon of light into Bo's HC ability. How can he watch that week in and week out and not step up and make a change? That's an HC duty, but he's either got his head in the sand, or just doesn't care. That's one glimpse so obvious even the casual fan can see the deficiency. But I can guarantee you the same deficiencies exists in other aspects of the game as well, most of us just aren't smart enough to see it so we go on thinking things are great. But opposing coaches see it.

Dammit! You can't include a loss to use in the record of the team we beat. That's not fair. If you're going to complain, complain correctly. Penn State was 6-4, not 6-5.

Why is it not fair? They are, in fact, 6-5. kchuskerunderscorechris is technically correct. The best kind of correct.

It's a semantics thing. If we beat Penn State, we put another loss in their loss column. I know this isn't making much sense, because I'm having a hard time trying to describe what I'm trying to say. So I'll try this:

If we lost to Penn State, do we say we lost to a Penn State team who is 7-4 and is now much better team? I think what I'm trying to say is you're using Penn State's loss to us as a way to make Penn State worse than they are. They were 6-4 when we played them and should be evaluated as a 6-4 team, not a 6-5 team.

Really, it's a small semantics thing and not that big of deal. I'm arguing for the sake of arguing.

Need a new special teams coach, DC and strength and conditioning coach. Not too pleased with the OC but i would give him one more year i think due to all the turn over at QB, WR and o-line. Overall when you put it all together it really comes down to not having an experienced HC and doesn't bode well for Bo's future. He really is overwhelmed i think.

This is the best way I can put it as well. He's just overwhelmed at times. This is where the steady hand of more experience surrounding him would help him greatly. I though we might be headed in the direction of his seeing the light and helping himself by making some staff changes, instead, today we hear quite the opposite.

Winning cures all. Even some things that shouldn't be cured. A win should not erase all troubles just like a loss should not magnify the hell out of them. The same people that bitch about meltdowns when we lose are the same ones that go way overboard with the sunshine and sprinkles when we win. There are problems. They need to be addressed or we will not ever get better. Do we want to get better? Sometimes I think many here have settled for right where we are. Winnings good, but let's strive for more. Always strive for more.

What gets lost so often in striving for more, is forgetting that there are a lot of places that could be far worse. If we want to strive for more, we can't ever forget where we were and where other programs are. That's what posters (myself included) are trying to emphasize. Not that there aren't any problems and the losses have come off pure bad luck or are just aberrations; no, we know there are problems, just like you know there are problems.

Who doesn't want to win a national championship? Who doesn't want their teams to compete game in and game out? Nobody. Nobody is satisfied with their team showing up and laying an egg on the field. But a lot of people are satisfied knowing that their team manages to get to certain points that a majority of teams can not get to. We'll be all the more satisfied when we take that next step forward and win 11, maybe even 12 games. But we're happy with not winning 7 or 8 games.

Think with your head Einstein.

Think with your head Einstein.

I don't get it. Sorry, I'm not nearly on that level.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a buffoon, but he definitely is too closely tied to the athletic department to come off as objective.

Bo's teams have had potential since 2010. What's changed?

Depth and talent level at every position on the field. Bo deserves a chance to show what he can do with the promising young players on this team.

Here's the kind of statement that bothers me. "Bo deserves a chance to show what he can do". He's had the last 6 years. If he stays another year, fine, but to say he deserves anything at this point is overstating it.

• Fire 1