Talent loss if Bo is gone

Serious question. If Bo were to either resign or be fired, how many players would we likely lose from the current team, not recruits. Full disclosure I'm on the keep Bo team at least for another year, but the silence of Eichorst on the issue concerns me and policy aside I think his silence is hurting the program.

I'm pretty excited about what this Defense in particular could be in a year or two and wonder how many of these guys we would lose if Bo is gone.

I doubt we lose anyone already on the roster, presuming Bo is let go for not wining enough/the right way.

It would take a major scandal of some kind for kids to leave the program. It would have to become toxic in some way, and it's certainly not that.

The worst things this program faces right now are lack of football fundamentals and brain farts.

We would more likely lose prospective recruits (which we don't have a great class lined up to date) than current players, but for the current players, its somewhat dependent on who the new coach might be. If it's somebody they feel comfortable with, they'll keep their loyalty to NU. If it's somebody that isn't a hit, then you may see some current players consider other options, but that would require them to sit a year. Playing for Nebraska is about more than just playing for the head coach, and I think most of these players realize that.

I doubt we lose anyone already on the roster, presuming Bo is let go for not wining enough/the right way.

It would take a major scandal of some kind for kids to leave the program. It would have to become toxic in some way, and it's certainly not that.

The worst things this program faces right now are lack of football fundamentals and brain farts.

If you believe the players I'd say 10-15 most likly.
Eichorst has been silent, as well as other personel, because the concept of these rumors and the thought of firing Bo is so laughable, that it's not even worth the time of publicly addressing. Bo only addressed the team because they were becoming obviously distraut over the thought of Bo resigning.

Understood, but that's kind of my point. If anyone should know better its the team, but he had to reassure them. I have to think that the AD not saying anything when national publications are questioning the HC job security does affect recruiting. I totally understand wanting to stay above the fray and not capitulate to the mob, but it seems even Bo is asking for a little clarity in the USA today article. The decision has to be made by now.

Really I just want the talent we have to stay as well as some of these recruits. I'm normally a cynic, but I'm actually pretty pumped about the future of the program in the next two years if they don't tinker with it

Eichorst has been silent, as well as other personel, because the concept of these rumors and the thought of firing Bo is so laughable, that it's not even worth the time of publicly addressing. Bo only addressed the team because they were becoming obviously distraut over the thought of Bo resigning.

Understood, but that's kind of my point. If anyone should know better its the team, but he had to reassure them. I have to think that the AD not saying anything when national publications are questioning the HC job security does affect recruiting. I totally understand wanting to stay above the fray and not capitulate to the mob, but it seems even Bo is asking for a little clarity in the USA today article. The decision has to be made by now.

Really I just want the talent we have to stay as well as some of these recruits. I'm normally a cynic, but I'm actually pretty pumped about the future of the program in the next two years if they don't tinker with it

not only does eichorst not saying anything hurt recruiting, it sucks when a players parent posts on the Rss about how great the coaches are and that's why his son can't wait to be a husker and then some of our really great fans tell the dad it's in the best interest of that player to go elsewhere as long as Bo is here.

Those are two different things. Idiots on RSS are not equivalent to Shawn Eichorst not saying something at this point.

There are idiots everywhere, even here (I'm an idiot, depending on who you talk to), so for a "fan" to say that to a recruit's parent says more about that fan than it does about Bo's long-term prospects.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. If a coach needs to be fired, whether or not it would lead to a couple good players transferring out should be irrelevant to the decision. The right coach means more to any program than a handful of players. But its likely a moot point anyway.

• Fire 2