Why Iowa Should Not be a Rivalry

NU should not have a rivalry with any team that is not a perennial top 15 team. This reminds me of Colorado. Colorado thought we were their rival, but NU did not reciprocate. CU had a few good years, but nothing like the dominate streak of OK. And from 1970 to 2000, NU was 28-3 against CU. Iowa is worse than CU was until post Skippy, and if NU has a true rivalry with Iowa, it substantiates the descendance of the program into mediocrity. Great team do not have rivalries with mediocre teams.

NU should not have a rivalry with any team that is not a perennial top 15 team. This reminds me of Colorado. Colorado thought we were their rival, but NU did not reciprocate. CU had a few good years, but nothing like the dominate streak of OK. And from 1970 to 2000, NU was 28-3 against CU. Iowa is worse than CU was until post Skippy, and if NU has a true rivalry with Iowa, it substantiates the descendance of the program into mediocrity. Great team do not have rivalries with mediocre teams.

If this is the standard, then there would be no rivalry in the B1G period. Let alone Nebraska.

• Fire 1

This forced rivalry with Iowa State really feels forced. I have a strong hatred for Wisconsin brewin down below, it's starting to get nasty (like a sloshed State Street Sconnie slut), I say bring on Bucky. Next year is perfect with the division realignments. Winner of Nebraska/Wisconsin gets to wear red and white while the loser gets to dress like Iowa.

Really wish the big ten paired us up w/ Penn State as a conference rival. Other conf. rivals:

UM - OSU (main), MSU (OSU more important)

MSU - ND (main) Michigan (ND more important)

Minnesota - UW (main), Iowa (trophy game)

Iowa - ISU (main) Minnesota and UW (trophy games), NU (trophy game)

OSU - UM (main), PSU (important)

UW - Minnesota (main), Iowa (trophy game)

Purdue, NW, Illinois, Indiana - :tv

PSU - OSU (not as important as UM, trophy game), Minnesota and MSU (1 game played the past 3 years?)

Nebraksa - Iowa (not as important as ISU, trophy game)

Every team is matched up with a main (game played annually) rival (um-osu, iowa-isu, uw-minn, nd-msu) except us and penn state. You could say iowa is our main rival, but Iowa's rivalry with ISU has a lot more meaning. I dont see why we weren't scheduled to play penn state every year as a thanksgiving game. Both programs have legit natl. championships and PSU is the next highest big ten team on the all-time win list (#4 us, #5 OSU, #12 PSU). Would make for a meaningful rivalry.

Really wish the big ten paired us up w/ Penn State as a conference rival. Other conf. rivals:

UM - OSU (main), MSU (OSU more important)

MSU - ND (main) Michigan (ND more important)

Minnesota - UW (main), Iowa (trophy game)

Iowa - ISU (main) Minnesota and UW (trophy games), NU (trophy game)

OSU - UM (main), PSU (important)

UW - Minnesota (main), Iowa (trophy game)

Purdue, NW, Illinois, Indiana - :tv

PSU - OSU (not as important as UM, trophy game), Minnesota and MSU (1 game played the past 3 years?)

Nebraksa - Iowa (not as important as ISU, trophy game)

Every team is matched up with a main (game played annually) rival (um-osu, iowa-isu, uw-minn, nd-msu) except us and penn state. You could say iowa is our main rival, but Iowa's rivalry with ISU has a lot more meaning. I dont see why we weren't scheduled to play penn state every year as a thanksgiving game. Both programs have legit natl. championships and PSU is the next highest big ten team on the all-time win list (#4 us, #5 OSU, #12 PSU). Would make for a meaningful rivalry.

I dont' know if you're referring to before or after the realignment next season, but if you're referencing before, you're mistaken. Penn State is currently our protected cross-division rival - if things were to continue as they are right now, we would play them every year.

Iowa is a forced rivalry, and IF they do get a W on Friday, I think this could be a something our fan base, and theirs will look at a little differently. Iowa will always be a border, hated rivalry game, but I don't think there will be that "passion" or "dedication" like there was with Oklahoma and Texas. I do think we will get that with Wisconsin.

This forced rivalry with Iowa State really feels forced. I have a strong hatred for Wisconsin brewin down below, it's starting to get nasty (like a sloshed State Street Sconnie slut), I say bring on Bucky. Next year is perfect with the division realignments. Winner of Nebraska/Wisconsin gets to wear red and white while the loser gets to dress like Iowa.

But we're Wisconsin's Colorado. Not really a rivalry when they've destroyed us twice and we squeaked out a win once.

When was the last time Nebraska finished in the Top 15 let alone were a perennial top 15 team? 2001?

• Fire 1