***Official Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread***

Foppa

Oh my.... when we lose Lou Holtz as a advocate for Husker football, then we've really taken a step backwards! He is usually the one guy who stands up against Mark May when he slams Nebraska Football? Where are we headed? What has Husker football become on the national stage?

Lou is an absolute moron. He criticized that our offensive line isn't as good as it used to be. No sh*t Lou? Guess why? THEY'RE ALL INJURED. And then he criticizes the defense and they're not stopping Iowa. No sh*t Lou? It's a bit hard when the other team starts almost every series in your own zone, especially inside the 10. Even Mark May, who I despise, made mention of injury. Lou, go take your great-great-great grandchildren to the park and never return to the studio.

Bo's response gives me hope. He's a better coach when his hair is on fire. I'm not a fan of his last two years at all but if you ask a stupid question you should be prepared for such a response.

I totally agree. I hate those halftime interviews-they're so stoopid! BUT! Unfortunately, this is the type of thing that gets coaches fired.

2nd Quarter Impressions:

• Special teams is atrocious. Has been all season. We rank 119 out of 123 division 1 teams averaging 3 yards per return. I'm sorry, but Ross Els needs to go.
  • The first INT cost us 7 points, and the poor special teams effecting field position cost us the other 7.
  • Defense is playing fairly well. Our tackling fundamentals are still poor. Nebraska likes to go for the big shoulder pad pop instead of wrapping up.
  • Ameer doesn't seem to have his same burst. Might have to give Imani a few more touches just to see what he has today.
  • I know the media can become a bore to both coaches & fans at times, but the way Bo treats sideline reporters sometimes doesn't help Nebraska's brand at all.
  • I think it's obvious to all of us now that Nebraska fan's thoughts of what our offensive identity should be is far different than what Tim Beck thinks our identity has to be.
  • I sometimes don't agree with Lou Holtz, but he was spot on by saying once Nebraska lost the ability to have a dominating offensive line & nasty defense "the mystique of Nebraska football is gone."

Things I would like to see in the 2nd half:

1. If Tommy is physically able then I think Nebraska needs to put him in for at least one series. If not, they need to adjust the game plan to take some pressure off of Ron Kellogg.
  2. Our defensive coverage has been decent. We might need to adjust our front with some different stunts to put on some quicker pressure in hopes of causing a turnover. I think our D will have to score at least once if we are going to win this game.
  3. Iowa's linebackers are playing really tight inside the box. I think we need to bring in Zimmerrer or Janovich and start playing 2-back power football. Maybe bring back the toss sweep to let Ameer work the edges.

Well on the lighter side of things. With a loss NU will head to Tempe for a bowl game. Just down the street from me. But of course I would love to see us beat IU but.........

The ride in your pic is a beauty...is it yours? What year/model?

1968 GTO rag top that I restored from the ground up. Paid $325 for it as an original barn find.

Thought it was a goat..I had a 67 way back in the day..,my mom sold it when I went in the army....I did eventually forgive her....very nice ride....

Bo's response gives me hope. He's a better coach when his hair is on fire. I'm not a fan of his last two years at all but if you ask a stupid question you should be prepared for such a response.

Maybe so.....but I rarely hear lucid questions from sideline reporters. In fact, that question is par for the course. He fielded pretty much the exact same question concerning turnovers while running off the field at halftime of the MSU game. He was pissed and fiery, but he fielded the question and got off the field.

It really isn't the biggest deal in the world what he said, but I just wish he'd go Belichek robotic and put the focus on the game. The same way sometimes I wish he would start thinking about the next play on the sideline instead of wasting 20 seconds to get into someone's ass for a mistake that the whole stadium and the player himself already knows he made.

Well on the lighter side of things. With a loss NU will head to Tempe for a bowl game. Just down the street from me. But of course I would love to see us beat IU but.........

The ride in your pic is a beauty...is it yours? What year/model?

1968 GTO rag top that I restored from the ground up. Paid $325 for it as an original barn find.

Awesome! Was restoring the car as much fun as watching the Huskers?

Pelini flipping out about a question that every head coach would have to answer at halftime. Yes it's a dumb question....so give it a dumb answer and let it go. This guy still doesn't understand that it will always do more harm than good by being standoffish like that.

Really just shut up, he's not the only coach that does this. WE get it you want Bo gone and will nit pick everything he does. Get over it and support the team for the rest of the game.

Find one post of mine that wants Pelini gone.....in the history of this board.

And that's an awesome, well thought out response, btw. It speaks to a high level of critical thinking to offer up the 'other teams/coaches/players do it' response.

Don't worry, Jason. It's just typical BS from the hardcore Bo-lievers.

There is a problematic fraction of this fan base, and it's not the people who have their doubts about Bo.

I have doubts whether Bo is the long term answer for this program. Just tired of the constant nit picking on everything.