***Official Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread***

Foppa

Is it possible for NU to replace Bo as HC, and offer Bo another position, and not have to pay the $7.7 million? This would be slightly shady, as I cannot image Bo staying if removed as HC. I am sure this was addresses in Bo's contract.

7.7 mill is nothing.....we make 20+ on the btn network. Money is no object.

They could raise that money privately in a blink after today. We just lost to Iowa for the first time in over 30 years. At home, on senior day, on national Tv with some of the most idiotic coaching decisions I've ever seen.

38-17 Sober now, but might have a drink or two tonight! Love the arrogrance of some Husker fans saying Iowa and Nebraska is not and will not ever be a rivalry. Let's face it Huskers are not who they were in the 80's/90's. They are a very good program, but elite they are not and have not been for years.

Well at least elite at some point.

38-17 Sober now, but might have a drink or two tonight! Love the arrogrance of some Husker fans saying Iowa and Nebraska is not and will not ever be a rivalry. Let's face it Huskers are not who they were in the 80's/90's. They are a very good program, but elite they are not and have not been for years.

I don't care if its arrogant, I refuse to ever, ever respect Iowa, to even consider them rivals.

• Fire 1

I don't care if its arrogant, I refuse to ever, ever respect Iowa, to even consider them rivals.

Makes me sick just to think about it.

It has nothing to do with being elite. You can't have a rivalry when one team has 30 years between wins in a series and drops 8 of 11. Your own coach said as much. And this one win doesn't erase that.

• Fire 1

Stepping on throats would never see a call like that from our side

Whatever!! Your pissed about a 5 yard bootleg with 3:30 to go? You have a defense, stop them.

Go home and count your NC trophies troll....funny how you get all uppity with one win since 81....and to top it all off...Iowa will be an afterthought again next year. You won today, congratulations...but you are still Iowa and for that I pity you....

Pump the brakes grandpa. Iowahusker69 is very right.

Love the arrogance of an Iowa fan not being able to realize the patchwork husker team on the field today. Injuries plagued this team for a good part of the year, congrats on the win but I'm sorry we will never view y'all as a rival. We haven't had a "real" rivalry since the big 12 ruined Nebraska/Oklahoma.

• Fire 1

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but 3 games doesn't make it a rivalry. I like the matchup between the 2 but until there are a few more games, it still isn't a rivalry.

LOL, Iowa can build a temporary trophy case if they want to, but really, rivalry, ...... whatever.

Today's Iowa not even like the old Colorado,begging to be a rivalry.

Now get rid of the BS occupying north stadium and find a proper fit, cause this isn't it....and won't be anytime in our lifetimes. Bo wanted to go down with the ship so be it, if he would have gotten rid of Beck a month ago we could have had a better chance to win.

No one thinks this is a NU team of the 90's. No one believes "in current condition" that NU is an elite program. Who knows if it will ever be a rivalry, but three games does not a rivalry make. Why are people so transfixed on making this a rivalry? I am more concerned about how far down Bo has let this program slip as to be consistently blown out by mediocre teams.

Actually, iowahuskers presence here trolling is the best example as to why this isn't a rivalry. He's positively giddy that they won a game against us for the first time in 30 years. Had NU won would anyone here even consider going to an Iowa forum to troll? No, because the are beneath our contempt as a football program and no Nebraska fan would consider a victory against them as anything but ho-hum. Hopefully he's young enough to troll again in 2043 when they are due for their next win in this "rivalry"