Bo post game presser

Amac3309

Besides, I can't rightfully call Bo out on his behavior in these situations, I'm ten times worse, I get way more pissed, it'd be hypocritical.

But you are not a public figure and the highest paid employee of the state who represents the state and the university

It's irrelevant anyways. If we were any other program this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but no, we keep pursuing this hilarious idea that we need to remain the "class acts of football", well, it may have worked a while ago, but nice guys don't win anymore.

So are you saying that if any other coach in football got an unsportsmanlike, was a jerk to the sideline guy and called a call "chicken sh#t" in the span of 3 hrs it wouldn't be all over?

I would disagree, I think it would be just as prevalent if Saban or urban or anyone did it

I disagree.

And then there's Les Miles...LOLZ

There's only one Les Miles! LOLZ

I like Bo and wanted him to do well here. I got passed the leaked audio.

This presser and the penalty were it though. I still like Bo, but he went too far. He came into the press conference looking for a fight. The media (who I am not a fan of) ask the questions because they know they will get a reaction. Bo did not let them down.

I almost felt sorry for Bo. As someone who as been there, I don't think he can control his emotions.

I also felt sorry for him. It was sad to watch someone who seems so beaten down, even if he is responsible for much of the crticism.

• Fire 1

if anyone has not listened to the presser, and i mean listened, you need to do so before judgement is made on how he acted like a fool during it. He had a very calm tone considering a loss and questions around his job status. was he firm in his responses to questions about whether or not he will be fired? absolutely, but when you only get pieces of his response, it can be spun into multiple directions. this is not a case of bo yelling or stomping around like a fool (see mike gundy). This is someone that is fed up about being asked about his job, something that wasn't an issue until the media jumped on it after UCLA. the fact that the OWH only chooses to put the "if they want to fire me, go ahead" as the title a link to the presser is complete BS. Match that with the chosen picture and it will get a bigger response than it should.

Could not agree more bones.

I think many of us would feel the same way if our job was in limbo for months and broadcast across the country. Let the guy be himself, he's grown a lot since the first day he was here and though his hat deal today wasn't the brightest move, he walked away from it and simply called the ref a joke the rest of the game. Ferentz had just as much cursing going on today and Bo did but Bo gets the attention because Bo is put on the hotseat by fans and media stuck in the 90s.

Nope, sorry. Bo went above and beyond today. No possible way to say he didn't.

Bo went above and beyond? What should Bo have done? Sat on the sideline and simply tell the side ref, "bad call but you guys will get the next one right, you guys"?

Though I don't think he meant to get as close as it seemed with the hat, I have to think that he did not intend for the hat to break and the straps to come so close. Personally, I like a coach who will fight for his players and display emotion. Did it cost us three points? Sure. Did it cost us the game? Not even a little bit. I'm sorry you want the best of both worlds.

I like the fire also. You know there is a middle ground, right? Bo doesn't seem to have one. I agree about the hat breaking making it look worse than what it was. When you are on the hot seat and under a microscope, why make it so easy? That's just not very smart. I would like our coach to be at least a little smarter than that.

He showed fire and passion. If that offended you, maybe you should take a look in the mirror. It wasn't a smart move, agreed. However if you're going to have that be your tipping point, you may want to re-think your status as a fan. Why should Bo have a middle ground? To appease you? To appease the "fans"?

Bo Pelini has earned the respect, love and affection of his team. He has displayed tough love and does not like excuses. Nebraska would be dumb to let Bo Pelini go. The 90s are over.

The media needs to stop instigating reaction from Bo. They need to stop this bullsh#t reporting. Bo is correct when he says they are distracting the program. The media is not helping the cause when they are constantly writing and asking about Bo's status. They are almost putting him on the hott seat. Someone needs to beat the sh#t out of Brian or Sam.

+1

• Fire 1

Being the first Anti Bo poster I guess, since the day he arrived. I to felt sorry for him today, and I do not think the press conference was any worse than when another coach loses. He was upset, they played poorly and he was hurting. The press is trained to attack the blood in the water, so guess what they did.

He has been asked a million times about his job, he does not make the decision, so how can he comment on what they are going to do. It would be very frustrating to answer the same stupid question over and over.

I think the kids do love and respect him, but he really needs the fans love and respect. He has had a good share of them on his side, and I even changed my initial opinion of him somewhat. I know he wants to win, but his us against the world agenda is a fail. If he stays, he must make some effort to correct that attitude. I think he lost a lot more die hard Bo fans today, and that will be measured by our AD.

You can't blame the media, they are doing their job, which is to sell thier product. And blowups and tirades are what "sells" in the media. So of course they aren't going to lob him creampuff questions. THey want him to blow up, that is what makes front page news. The goods one know how to work and work with the media. They don't make enemies of them. "Power of the press", and "the pen is mightier than the sword" are both very true statements.

As to forcing him to make changes to his staff. Would that really make any difference? Is he going to turn over any actuall control of anything?

Being the first Anti Bo poster I guess, since the day he arrived. I to felt sorry for him today, and I do not think the press conference was any worse than when another coach loses. He was upset, they played poorly and he was hurting. The press is trained to attack the blood in the water, so guess what they did.

He has been asked a million times about his job, he does not make the decision, so how can he comment on what they are going to do. It would be very frustrating to answer the same stupid question over and over.

I think the kids do love and respect him, but he really needs the fans love and respect. He has had a good share of them on his side, and I even changed my initial opinion of him somewhat. I know he wants to win, but his us against the world agenda is a fail. If he stays, he must make some effort to correct that attitude. I think he lost a lot more die hard Bo fans today, and that will be measured by our AD.

I agree with your post though I don't think Bo lost any "die hard" fans today. The true fans wanted Bo Pelini to return after Bill Callahan because Bo brought his 'fire' and aggressive attitude during his year here in 2003. Those fans should not be swayed simply because the media and Rod Gilmore (ABC commentator who seemed to dislike everything about Nebraska except for the fans) said that Bo was out of line. You do make some very valuable points though and please do continue to post your thoughts.

He showed fire and passion. If that offended you, maybe you should take a look in the mirror. It wasn't a smart move, agreed. However if you're going to have that be your tipping point, you may want to re-think your status as a fan. Why should Bo have a middle ground? To appease you? To appease the "fans"?

Bo Pelini has earned the respect, love and affection of his team. He has displayed tough love and does not like excuses. Nebraska would be dumb to let Bo Pelini go. The 90s are over.

Why would it offend me, and why would I need to rethink my status as a fan? I am a "team" fan first, and a fan of individuals (players, coaches) second. In what way do Bo's antics help the "team"? Just give me one way. The point you were trying to make was not very well thought out. I guess that should be expected.

I also don't want to see Bo go, because I think swapping coaches every 6 years is bad for the program. I'm not sure Bo gave anyone a choice after today.

• Fire 1

I agree with your post though I don't think Bo lost any "die hard" fans today. The true fans wanted Bo Pelini to return after Bill Callahan because Bo brought his 'fire' and aggressive attitude during his year here in 2003. Those fans should not be swayed simply because the media and Rod Gilmore (ABC commentator who seemed to dislike everything about Nebraska except for the fans) said that Bo was out of line. You do make some very valuable points though and please do continue to post your thoughts.

LOL at the guy with 8 posts saying this to a guy with 5,000+ :lol:

Why would it offend me, and why would I need to rethink my status as a fan? I am a "team" fan first, and a fan of individuals (players, coaches) second. In what way do Bo's antics help the "team"? Just give me one way. The point you were trying to make was not very well thought out. I guess that should be expected.

I also don't want to see Bo go, because I think swapping coaches every 6 years is bad for the program. I'm not sure Bo gave anyone a choice after today.

For one, listen to the players. They all seem to rave about Pelini and love that passion. They're more important to the program than either you or I.

And to Karawithasmile, I was simply appreciating Skersfan for weighing in on the topic and being upfront and honest with his perspective.

For one, listen to the players. They all seem to rave about Pelini and love that passion. They're more important to the program than either you or I.

And to Karawithasmile, I was simply appreciating Skersfan for weighing in on the topic and being upfront and honest with his perspective.

Eh, not impressed.

For one, this is not unique to Bo. You see this in every sport at every level with most teams. I remember the Chargers players coming out in support of Norv Turner when he was about to be fired, saying he is such a great man, blah, blah, cry me a river.

Second, Bo has kind of brainwashed the players and the staff into thinking that everyone is out to get them. You saw this with Cory McKeown crying like a baby when the fans booed the team in 2007.

Both NFL-first coaches who didn't tackle in practice with shoddy defense and mentally weak players who whine and cry about the mean fans and wax poetic about much they love their coach. Enough.

Eh, not impressed.

For one, this is not unique to Bo. You see this in every sport at every level with most teams. I remember the Chargers players coming out in support of Norv Turner when he was about to be fired, saying he is such a great man, blah, blah, cry me a river.

Second, Bo has kind of brainwashed the players and the staff into thinking that everyone is out to get them. You saw this with Cory McKeown crying like a baby when the fans booed the team in 2007.

Both NFL-first coaches who didn't tackle in practice with ashoddy defense and mentally weak players who whine and cry about the mean fans and wax poetic about much they love their coach. Enough.

You're comparing the NFL to college with this and it simply does not fit. There are probably some outliers on the team but appears to be few and far between.

The second point is correct, Bo has established an "us against the world" attitude. I'm fine with that. With some of the stuff that comes across twitter, other message boards, etc. that bashes these guys, I would rather have that "us against the world" approach than feel as though i'm on my own. Pelini could be a little more receptive to the media/fans but that is an interpersonal skill that he is still developing.

Remember that these are college kids, many of whom are on their own for the first time in their lives. To many, Pelini is a father figure and it actually says a lot about the team that the players feel this way. That concept is actually parallel to Tom Osborne with a number of his players so it should not be overlooked.