Let the sellout streak end

Great, go on strike then. Dont buy tickets. Force the administration to make hastey decisions and be the driving factor that gets a guy whose given 6 years to Husker Nation fired. Be the force that pushes the administration to hire the first guy who answers the call and may not even be a fit or a good coach but dammit it made the fans happy for the offseason.

• Fire 1

I agree. Why should the most loyal fans in the country settle for a coach that does not have his team ready to go week in and week out. This is not about the players...it's about the head coach and his staff's inability to demonstrate they can coach these players up and have them playing consistently good football.

Or is this about the self-entitlement some Huskers fans have anointed themselves with because of the dominance this program had 20 years ago? Or is this about Husker fans who get pissed off when the rest of college football doesn't acknowledge the "trophy case" that hasn't been updated since 1999? Husker fans are some of the most self-aggrandizing fans in the world of sports because of something that happened 20 years ago

• Fire 2

I have no idea what complicated web of sales keeps the sellout streak alive today. Is there actually a third party that would know if games weren't sold out? I mean, the U could continue to say they're sold out of tickets. They're our only source of information, from what I understand. Not saying they'd be deceitful, but I am saying that it's hard to know if they're sold out. really.

If actual attendance starts to drop to some level where it matters, they'll do something. You have to hit them where it hurts if you want to have an impact.

• Fire 1

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

^^This.

Stupid

The dude gets paid 3 million dollars a year to coach football. Spare the crocodile tears for this joker. He's a moron and embarrassment to the program.

I agree, but it's stupid to make the kids pay, the 18-22 yr old kids that are giving their heart and soul to the university and the program, who are out their playing their a$$ off for you and me. Why you wouldn't want to continue to support them is beyond me

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

It's more realistic to see the # of fans that travel for away games diminish well before the sell out streak ends. As others have said, empty seats doesn't equate to a non sell out. I know peoples emotions r running hot but you're being ignorant if you think fans will not be excited as always come July when the CFB craze returns.

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

Butt-hurt a little are we.