Let the sellout streak end

Jesus guys. Get it through your head. The sellout streak will never end. My boss has 4 sets. He donates at a level of 25,000/year I think. If seats come available that cant be sold, guys like him will be "sold" more tickets. Is the streak special? Yes. Is it something to be proud of? Very yes. Is it manipulated to continue? Yes. The biggest yes. But regardless, no one can argue the fact that sellout or not, that stadium is always 95% full at the least (students section aside, but that's a whole nother discussion). It's not like were trying to charade a sellout with a half-empty stadium.

Don't let the sell out streak end. We lost many streak records under Callahan. The sell out streak belongs to the fans not the coach or the team. If we are the most loyal and the best fans, keep buying the tickets. This is one record that we own and no one in the country can take it from us unless we stop going to the games. If we break the streak, we probably cound not tie that record again in any of our life times.

boy I wished I lived with 200 miles of the stadium instead of 1500 , I can only watch them on tv

I live 1500 miles away and I've seen them on TV every week. wish I only lived 200 miles so I could see them in person.

Yeah, but Redmusky lives 1500 miles away and can only see them on TV. Things might be different if s/he lived within 200.

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

KJ. saw tickets on stubhub. WHICH PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??!??!?

What's the name of that logical fallacy where if you can't argue the point you attack the person instead?

There isn't a waiting list. If you're willing to pay the asking price for season tickets, you'll get them. It's not that hard to do, and it costs about $150. The AD doesn't care at all if you've been loyally "waiting" for years to get donationless tickets when someone else is willing to donate.

Apparently the idea of a multimillion dollar business not wanting to give away money is difficult for people to understand around here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The people on the waiting list donate. That's how you get on the list in the first place. They can't give you tickets that they don't have to give.

Come someone please for the love of god address this post please?

Look, I get it, we all think KJ is a tool, but that doesn't mean everything he says is wrong and everyone else who hates him is right.

Po, you're wrong here, stop attacking people and saying they have no idea what they are talking about when you literally have not a clue what you're talking about. Like, no clue. At all. None.

Your sister has been on a wait list for years and has been donating? Either she is openly donating to Bo's spaghetti fund with no expectation of getting tickets or she is getting ripped off by some African Ponzi scheme, but you DO NOT DONATE MONEY TO GET ON A WAITLIST! I know there are thousands of season ticket holders, can someone just tell him that this is the case since he is likely to argue with me when all of you know it is not true.

And as far as the wait list in general goes, sure they MAY be a waitlist, but if you or your sister are willing to pay the asking price, you can get season tickets next year. For example, I went to UNL, graduated last May after having student tickets for all 4 years, having nothing to do with actual, public season tickets. Then knowing East Stadium expansion was occurring and seeing that the donation amount to get those tickets was $150 per seat plus the face value of the tickets, I decided to offer a donation of nearly twice that amount to be safe, and this season I was a first time season ticket holder on the 40 yard line - no wait list involved.

Here is a link to show you the donation levels to get the seat you want:

http://assets.sbnati...cted_levels.jpg

So as KJ said, if you or your sister want to pay $150 per seat, plus $57 per game. That comes to right around $1000 for season tickets in the east stadium expansion, then you can do that for next year, no wait list involved.

• Fire 3

Why doesn't someone who thinks this sellout streak is a fabrication call the Athletic Ticket Office tomorrow and ask them?

Here, I'll even give you the number: (402) 472-311

If it's a long distance call and you can't afford it, here's the toll-free number: (800-824-4733)

Hey, don't believe the Athletic Department? Go call the NCAA and ask them. They'll tell you the top five sellout streaks in college football if you ask them, and you know who they'll tell you is atop that list?

These are really fun urban legends, what with the clandestine buying up of unsold tickets, and coincidentally they tend to crop up when someone is unhappy with the state of the football program. The the self-flagellation begins anew, and someone has to cry about the invalid nature of the sellout streak.

Our sellout streak is as valid as Notre Dame's, Virginia Tech's and Oregon's. It's valid enough for the Athletic Department to continue to make the claim - unchallenged - that it has the longest sellout streak in the nation, a claim endorsed by the NCAA.

But don't believe them. Really. Believe some rumor some pissed-off guy on a message board is telling you. Believe that it's all a lie, that the university you've been rooting for these past X-number of years is making it up, and continue to be happy in your misery.

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

KJ. saw tickets on stubhub. WHICH PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??!??!?

What's the name of that logical fallacy where if you can't argue the point you attack the person instead?

There isn't a waiting list. If you're willing to pay the asking price for season tickets, you'll get them. It's not that hard to do, and it costs about $150. The AD doesn't care at all if you've been loyally "waiting" for years to get donationless tickets when someone else is willing to donate.

Apparently the idea of a multimillion dollar business not wanting to give away money is difficult for people to understand around here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The people on the waiting list donate. That's how you get on the list in the first place. They can't give you tickets that they don't have to give.

Come someone please for the love of god address this post please?

Look, I get it, we all think KJ is a tool, but that doesn't mean everything he says is wrong and everyone else who hates him is right.

Po, you're wrong here, stop attacking people and saying they have no idea what they are talking about when you literally have not a clue what you're talking about. Like, no clue. At all. None.

Your sister has been on a wait list for years and has been donating? Either she is openly donating to Bo's spaghetti fund with no expectation of getting tickets or she is getting ripped off by some African Ponzi scheme, but you DO NOT DONATE MONEY TO GET ON A WAITLIST! I know there are thousands of season ticket holders, can someone just tell him that this is the case since he is likely to argue with me when all of you know it is not true.

And as far as the wait list in general goes, sure they MAY be a waitlist, but if you or your sister are willing to pay the asking price, you can get season tickets next year. For example, I went to UNL, graduated last May after having student tickets for all 4 years, having nothing to do with actual, public season tickets. Then knowing East Stadium expansion was occurring and seeing that the donation amount to get those tickets was $150 per seat plus the face value of the tickets, I decided to offer a donation of nearly twice that amount to be safe, and this season I was a first time season ticket holder on the 40 yard line - no wait list involved.

Here is a link to show you the donation levels to get the seat you want:

http://assets.sbnati...cted_levels.jpg

So as KJ said, if you or your sister want to pay $150 per seat, plus $57 per game. That comes to right around $1000 for season tickets in the east stadium expansion, then you can do that for next year, no wait list involved.

All of the +1's. Thank you.

So lemme get this straight. Po has no clue what he's talking about when he tells KJ. he's wrong after KJ. said, and I quote, "There isn't a waiting list."

And we follow that defense of KJ.'s assertion with, and I quote again, "...sure they (sic) may be a waitlist (sic)..."

And this deserves "All of the +1's."

I'm just trying to keep this all straight. I've got this all correct, right?

• Fire 4
So lemme get this straight. Po has no clue what he's talking about when he tells KJ. he's wrong after KJ. said, and I quote, "There isn't a waiting list."

And we follow that defense of KJ.'s assertion with, and I quote again, "...sure they (sic) may be a waitlist (sic)..."

No,

If you donate, you get. Especially with the new expansion. It's no accident there's an impromptu "visitors section" up there.

• Fire 1

There is no wait list if you're willing to pay the price of $150 per seat plus face value. Sorry for my one word you're nitpicking of "may" and didn't go back and edit what I said. There is not a wait list! There IS a waitlist if you only offer a donation below what they recommend, but that isn't what I would call a waitlist. If there is a car you want that is selling for $15,000 and you offer $10,000 and they say "No, you have to pay market value." That is not being on a waitlist, that is you not willing to pay for the commodity you want.

And that still doesn't change the fact that Po is saying you have to pay to be on a waitlist that doesn't exist.

I will go back and take the one word ("may") that I threw in there while typing a post and my post is 100% accurate.. And Po's post will still be 0% accurate.

There is no wait list if you're willing to pay the price of $150 per seat plus face value. Sorry for my one word you're nitpicking of "may" and didn't go back and edit what I said. There is not a wait list! There IS a waitlist if you only offer a donation below what they recommend, but that isn't what I would call a waitlist. If there is a car you want that is selling for $15,000 and you offer $10,000 and they say "No, you have to pay market value." That is not being on a waitlist, that is you not willing to pay for the commodity you want.

And that still doesn't change the fact that Po is saying you have to pay to be on a waitlist that doesn't exist.

I will go back and take the one word ("may") that I threw in there while typing a post and my post is 100% accurate.. And Po's post will still be 0% accurate.

So there are zero people who give money to the university for tickets, but who don't give enough to get tickets, that's what you're saying? Everyone who gives money gets tickets? There really isn't a points-based heirarchy determining who gets what level of seat and who gets no seat at all?

I just want to be perfectly clear we're talking about the same thing. This is what you're saying, yes?