Let the sellout streak end

I could care less if the sellout streak ended, if that would leave to a more rowdy crowd or something along those lines then I would be fine with that. I would prefer the streak to live and have a rowdy crowd. I don't want to be the only person in my section that stands up and yells.

Because when I see a partially filled stadium,my first thought is, "damn, that's a rowdy fanbase!"

as much as i love the sellout streak, i would rather see memorial stadium with 70k people like me in it a lot more than 92k of the people who are there now telling me to sit down. if i can drive 16 hours to see the huskers play, while usually having to ridiculously overpay to buy tickets secondhand (see the cost on your ticket? i've had to pay up to 1000% of that, and i consider it worth every penny), then you can damn well stand up for 3 hours and make some noise.

If that is what you're paying for a ticket, then the joke is on you. You can buy entire season tickets for $392 or you can get them outside the stadium for like $25 per game.

Don't act like you're a super fan because you decide to pay $90,000 for a Honda Civic when every other dealer is selling the same car for $15,000.

• Fire 1

And people like you would gravitate towards that story.

Meanwhile, people like us could give two poops. We're fans. I agree with ATLHusker all the way, I won't be there to cheer on our fans to fill the stadium. I am there to scream until my voice is gone for Nebraska. Win or Lose, my money for season tickets was well spent.

There's no lighter way to say this, but screw the people that focus on that aspect of the game (Oh no! Not a sellout!). Sellout or not, I'll be there. I'll be a fan. That's all that matters to me.

The sellout isn't the point. The cause behind it possible ending would be.

I could care less if the sellout streak ended, if that would leave to a more rowdy crowd or something along those lines then I would be fine with that. I would prefer the streak to live and have a rowdy crowd. I don't want to be the only person in my section that stands up and yells.

Because when I see a partially filled stadium,my first thought is, "damn, that's a rowdy fanbase!"

as much as i love the sellout streak, i would rather see memorial stadium with 70k people like me in it a lot more than 92k of the people who are there now telling me to sit down. if i can drive 16 hours to see the huskers play, while usually having to ridiculously overpay to buy tickets secondhand (see the cost on your ticket? i've had to pay up to 1000% of that, and i consider it worth every penny), then you can damn well stand up for 3 hours and make some noise.

If that is what you're paying for a ticket, then the joke is on you. You can buy entire season tickets for $392 or you can get them outside the stadium for like $25 per game.

Don't act like you're a super fan because you decide to pay $90,000 for a Honda Civic when every other dealer is selling the same car for $15,000.

never been able to get season tickets, although i would love to, and i'm not traveling 1k miles without already having a ticket in hand and hoping for the best with scalpers. i doubt you would either. that basically left stubhub (or similar) as my options. it also doesn't help that i only make the trip for big games. ohio st, wisky, ucla, etc. that drives the price up considerably.

never claimed to be a super fan, just using an analogy to say that it isn't too much of a burden to stand up and make noise as opposed to telling the people that do to sit down. apologies if it came across as smug. yet another reason not to drink and type.

• Fire 2

Did you seriously get a little butt hurt over that comment? The guy is from freaking Atlanta. I would be pissed too, if I was told to sit down all the time when yelling for my team.

I agree with ATL. Plus I think its a freaking joke that when espn or btn pans over the crowd you see the section with 80 year old women in the stands. I love the loyalty but when the atmosphere has passed you on, maybe some of these people should keep their loyalty to the living room.

There will always be donors.

• Fire 1

Did you seriously get a little butt hurt over that comment? The guy is from freaking Atlanta. I would be pissed too, if I was told to sit down all the time when yelling for my team.

I agree with ATL. Plus I think its a freaking joke that when espn or btn pans over the crowd you see the section with 80 year old women in the stands. I love the loyalty but when the atmosphere has passed you on, maybe some of these people should keep their loyalty to the living room.

There will always be donors.

I will agree that the students should have better seats ( if they do a better job filling them) but the notion that some people shouldn't be allowed to spend money to buy tickets is absolutely ridiculous.

Without some of those "80 year olds", there isn't even anything remotely close to a sellout.

Geez, guys. And ladies.

We have been over this so many times. The sellout streak has been a mirage for years. Even on TV it's easy to see bare patches here and there during games. It's only a few at most games, but there certainly ARE seats available. Every single game, I can pick out a few unoccupied. The real worry is if those blank spots become larger. Remember, it took Miami only a few years to go from sellouts to empty. Can't have that.

Seriously, check your TV next broadcast, or if you are in the stadium, just look around you. Let's stop being delusional about this, as our national reps as fans is already a bit overbearing.

/s

• Fire 1

I will agree that the students should have better seats ( if they do a better job filling them) but the notion that some people shouldn't be allowed to spend money to buy tickets is absolutely ridiculous.

Without some of those "80 year olds", there isn't even anything remotely close to a sellout.

When did I say they shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets? Putting words in my mouth don't you think? For the record. If those "80 year olds" didn't go to the games...someone else would buy those tickets.

When did I say they shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets? Putting words in my mouth don't you think? For the record. If those "80 year olds" didn't go to the games...someone else would buy those tickets.

Actually no. You suggested that they stay home.

And I'm not entirely sure all of those tickets would be bought.

Actually no. You suggested that they stay home.

And I'm not entirely sure all of those tickets would be bought.

Agreed. If "someone else would buy those tickets" then why are they not sold out at this very moment? You don't even have to take a blue hair's seat to get tickets.

The folks milling around outside the stadium looking to buy tickets beg to differ with the "I'm not sure all of those tickets would be bought."

We're talking about pre-game sales to this day. As of last count there were what, 600 season tickets left out of 90,000? With two months to go before the season?

Let's just pretend those 600 season tickets don't get sold, just for the hell of it. That merely puts us into the realm of selling tickets at the walk-up window - something every other team in the country is doing at least once per year.

If anyone doesn't think those tickets would be sold as walk-up purchases, I want some of what you're smoking. There are hundreds of people outside every game looking for tickets right now, knowing the stadium has been sold out for 50 years. If people know - or have reason to suspect - that there are single-game tickets available, that number doubles, maybe triples.

How many hundreds, thousands of dads in this state would take their kid to their first Husker game in a heartbeat? How many people have wanted season tickets but haven't even tried because they know they'll just be put on a wait list?

Way too many people are letting way too many extraneous things cloud their better judgment in this thread.

• Fire 3

I gave up my season tickets some years ago. I did not to pay the extra $500 per ticket as a "donation" in order to have the right to buy the actual tickets. I expect the 600 will be sold out quickly when the extra money is not required. The single tickets would sell quickly if not bought in mass by boosters and corporations.

How many empty seats would it take before the university would ever concede the streak ended? Hypothetically of course, they can only buy up their own tickets for so long.

:confucius

I really hope this is all just a bad joke.

I think we need media days/fall camp to get here so we have something to talk about and people stop acting dumb.

How many empty seats would it take before the university would ever concede the streak ended? Hypothetically of course, they can only buy up their own tickets for so long.

you mean boosters buying them up.

Guise. The streak aint ending. Time to put to bed this witch hunt. And besides. God-willing, if we get over the hump and win something of substance soon, youre gonna see demand skyrocket and the wait list grow like a night crawler soaked in nuclear waste