BIG TEN Bowl Matchups

QMany

Rose Bowl: Michigan State v. Stanford - Stanford. MSU can't handle a sledgehammer pounding up the gut.

Orange Bowl: Ohio State v. Clemson - Last team that scores wins. Neither defense is good.

Capitol One Bowl: Wisconsin v. South Carolina - Wisconsin will grind it out, and hopefully Anderson doesn't Bielema it up and abandon the run in the 2nd half

Outback Bowl: Iowa v. LSU - Iowa

Gator Bowl: Nebraska v. Georgia - Nebraska

BWW Bowl: Michigan v. KSU - Michigan

Texas Bowl: Minnesota v. Syracuse - Minnesota

My thoughts on % chances of each BIG10 team winning their bowl game...what do you guys think?

-Michigan State vs. Stanford......45% chance. Stanford has been there done that, two great defenses and run the ball O's.

-Ohio St vs. Clemson.....70% chance. OSU's D won't shut out Clemson..but I think they get a TO or two. Plus Hyde and Braxton won't be stopped.

-Wisky vs. South Carolina....55%. Just really like this Wisky team..% would be much higher but that Penn St. game has me worried.

-Iowa vs. LSU.....40%. BUT it will be closer then people think. Iowa is a good team (losses to NIU, Ohio St, Mich St and Wisky). They will be able to handle the LSU run game and LSU's QB is out with ACL tear.

-Michigan vs. KState....60%. Michigan seemed to figure it out a little vs OSU and have much more talent....but they don't want to be in this bowl.

-Nebraska vs. UGA...40%. If our Oline gets healthy we can run on anyone. Can our young D stand up to Gurley and Co? UGA doesn't want to be there, we have the revenge factor.

Minny vs. Cuse....95%. I just like Minny's formula, they are inspired this season.

I think the Clemson vs OSU game will be close.

Michigan I think loses, sure they played OSU well, but lets not forget how they played up til then.

MSU vs Stanford will be a good old fashioned dog fight. Low scoring game. Stanford to much though.

Minny wins handily

Iowa plays LSU very close and wins on a turnover

Wiscy vs SCAR will be a good game, but I feel SCAR pulls away late. Very physical defense.

And that leaves us. I honestly don't know how to predict this game. To many reasons to say we will win, and to much talent and potential to say we lose. I have to go with what we've been shown all year and that leads to UGA winning.

Snap reaction to the pairings, but I'll likely change my mind a dozen times between now and then...

MSU I'd agree. It'll have a score of something like 14-17, so it could go either way. Stanford favored, but it will come down to a turnover or something fluky.

I'd put the Clemson game 50/50. I think Boyd exploits that OSU secondary. Not sure they can shut down Braxton as well as MSU did, but I think they can score on OSU at will.

South Carolina dominates Wisc. 31-17, only that close because of a late score.

LSU is closer than it should be, with Met out. I don't think Iowa can carry the momentum though. LSU by 17, and we see why the SEC is leaps ahead of the B1G.

Michigan game is all on the QB. Which shows up. One that played Ohio State, they win. One that played most of the rest of the season (more likely), they lose by 7 as K-State takes advantage of turnovers.

Nebraska, I think we get beat by 10.

Minnesota grinds it out, and wins by 13 over a Syracuse team w/out much of an offense. Decent rush D though, so they'll keep it close until late.

B1G goes 2-5, and 0-3 against the SEC.

My thoughts on % chances of each BIG10 team winning their bowl game...what do you guys think?

-Michigan State vs. Stanford......45% chance. Stanford has been there done that, two great defenses and run the ball O's.

-Ohio St vs. Clemson.....70% chance. OSU's D won't shut out Clemson..but I think they get a TO or two. Plus Hyde and Braxton won't be stopped.

-Wisky vs. South Carolina....55%. Just really like this Wisky team..% would be much higher but that Penn St. game has me worried.

-Iowa vs. LSU.....40%. BUT it will be closer then people think. Iowa is a good team (losses to NIU, Ohio St, Mich St and Wisky). They will be able to handle the LSU run game and LSU's QB is out with ACL tear.

-Michigan vs. KState....60%. Michigan seemed to figure it out a little vs OSU and have much more talent....but they don't want to be in this bowl.

-Nebraska vs. UGA...40%. If our Oline gets healthy we can run on anyone. Can our young D stand up to Gurley and Co? UGA doesn't want to be there, we have the revenge factor.

Minny vs. Cuse....95%. I just like Minny's formula, they are inspired this season.

Somewhat disagree. My feelings:

-Iowa vs. LSU.....20%

-Michigan vs. KState....80%

-Nebraska vs. UGA...50%

-Minny vs. Cuse....60%

Unheralded player was Conner Cook. In contrary, MSU D is slightly overrated. Proof: November 16th, MSU vs. NU and CCG contest. Thus I agree with you, Michigan State vs. Stanford......45%.

If the last 2/3 years are any indication, here's how it will go.

B1G might win one or both of the early games but who cares.

NYD Bowls - We have hopes of finally having a good day but:

2 beat downs by SEC teams ranked well ahead of the B1G teams

1 close game with the SEC but B1G usually chokes.

Loss on the big stage for the Rose Bowl

Orange - could go either way

2-5 or 3-4 would be typical results

It's not as bad as last year that's for sure, (4 of 7 in other teams home state, that sucked)

Stanford vs MSU Stanford plays in their home state, but MSU is good on the road, also I think they will really show up for this game. MSU

LSU vs Iowa It's just hard to pick Iowa as a competitor, even though they may be, but it's SEC land and all so LSU.

SC vs Wisconsin Honestly not sure. It should be a close game. That Penn state loss bothers me though.

Nebraska vs Georgia Nebraska if they get some key players back, otherwise Georgia.

Michigan vs KS Michigan just because it's hard imagining loosing to KS, then again this season was nearly full of hard to imagine losses. Depends which UM team shows up, but Michigan in the end, yea, I'm positive here...?

OSU vs Clemson I'll go OSU. Clemson was beat by anyone decent and badly. OSU should be able to out offense their offense.

Syracuse vs Minnesota Syracuse can barely beat basketball schools, I'll go Minnesota.

• 3 weeks later...

Rose Bowl: Michigan State v. Stanford

Orange Bowl: Ohio State v. Clemson

Capitol One Bowl: Wisconsin v. South Carolina

Outback Bowl: Iowa v. LSU

Gator Bowl: Nebraska v. Georgia

BWW Bowl: Michigan v. KSU

Texas Bowl: Minnesota v. Syracuse

Every one of these games is winnable for the B1G. Not saying we'll win them all. But we could easily win four. Maybe even five. That would help to make it a fairly successful season. Remember at the beginning of the season how everyone (including me) seemed to think the B1G conference was weak this year?