Beck is paid well.....Very well

lo country

I won't comment on the pay vs performance as it relates to this list, but why is Beck more than twice as much as Paps? From what I've seen on the field, these are basically the same two inexperienced coaches, and if anything, the play calling has been less questionable on the D side. Is it because Bo really runs the D and Paps is more of a figurehead play relayer?

I won't comment on the pay vs performance as it relates to this list, but why is Beck more than twice as much as Paps? From what I've seen on the field, these are basically the same two inexperienced coaches, and if anything, the play calling has been less questionable on the D side. Is it because Bo really runs the D and Paps is more of a figurehead play relayer?

Last year Beck was offered several other HC and OC jobs after producing a very very good offense. I think this year it the whole offensive staff as a whole more than earned their keep with all the injuries. We can pretend all we want that we should have the 4th string as good as the 1st but thats just not true anywhere and we aren't liek the NFL where you can grab a guy off waivers and have very little drop off. Getting 8 wins this year was a very good effort. And yes I know it works both ways but if the ball bounces right we really should have been 1-2 games better. You compare that to other teams with similar injuries and they are happy if they were 8-4. Hell 8-4 at ATM (with the aid of an all world QB) and you get your pay bumped up to 5 million a year.

You could have at least said something to make the topic somewhat worthwhile. I.E.: Beck is paid well. This is where his offense was ranked and these are the coaches with offensive rankings near him and what they are paid.

Just an idea. As is, you've added nothing to the other post that says how much he's paid.

Reported.

I'm assuming this is more of a knee-jerk reaction to the last 6 games or so as opposed to looking at the last three years or so. But I think your last statement is relatively accurate.

Last year Beck was offered several other HC and OC jobs after producing a very very good offense. I think this year it the whole offensive staff as a whole more than earned their keep with all the injuries. We can pretend all we want that we should have the 4th string as good as the 1st but thats just not true anywhere and we aren't liek the NFL where you can grab a guy off waivers and have very little drop off. Getting 8 wins this year was a very good effort. And yes I know it works both ways but if the ball bounces right we really should have been 1-2 games better. You compare that to other teams with similar injuries and they are happy if they were 8-4. Hell 8-4 at ATM (with the aid of an all world QB) and you get your pay bumped up to 5 million a year.

Strong point

I don't think Pap is totally Bo's puppet like some think he is. I'm sure Bo has the final say and more pull of course but, I'm guessing they work together more than we think. As to why there's such a big gap between Pap and Beck, let's compare to Auburn. The DC Ellis Johnson is going to make a lot more money than the OC Rhett Lashlee. I'm sure Gus Malzahn has an idea of what he wants to do defensively but, he lets Johnson figure out how to do that. It's probably the same story here between Bo and Beck.</div>

I'm assuming this is more of a knee-jerk reaction to the last 6 games or so as opposed to looking at the last three years or so. But I think your last statement is relatively accurate.

Yeah, I suppose to some degree it was knee jerk and based primarily on this season (not only the last 6 games). On one hand, I realize it could have been even worse with all the injuries we had, so in that aspect, it would appear he earned some of that paycheck. But, on the other hand, I am still left scratching my head at the play calling by Beck at certain points and stretches of games. IMO he has a strong tendency to go away from what is working, I assume in some misguided attempt to be less predictable or more multiple and he has shown a tendency to try to fit square pegs into round holes- i.e. using TM as a pocket passer (Minny). I don't dislike the pass but it seems he has a tendency to panic and go to the air much more than our fairly successful rushing game would dictate.

There is a really nice article in the Orlando Sentinel about Rick Darlington, QB comit Zack Darlington's dad. It tells how he redone his offense to accomendate with the loss of Zack, his starting RB and receiver. He sounds like he has a very good offensive mind and some think he could be the next Gus Malzahn if he gets a chance at this next level. I could see Bo taking a shot with him if Beck leaves.