1620 The Zone Round Table Discussion

teachercd

Is anything noteworthy coming of this or is the whole thing a big patty-cake trying to get message board members to listen to their show?

Is there actual new content being generated?

I listened for a little bit and the only thing that made it appealing is that it is ~insiders~ as compared to regular posters. Same things we've discussed millions of times. The 'us against the world' bunker mentality, the fan expectations and criticism and how it's the same in other places, the parents reading the messageboards, etc.

OK...please explain something to me. I just turned this on. Some guy (don't know who it is) is lamenting the frustration that Duke and Baylor can play for a conference championship after hiring a coach less than 6 years ago and claiming those teams have come from nothing and have passed Nebraska.

Really? Haven't we played for conference championships since Bo was here? HELLOOOO!!!!!

Did I miss something?

OK...please explain something to me. I just turned this on. Some guy (don't know who it is) is lamenting the frustration that Duke and Baylor can play for a conference championship after hiring a coach less than 6 years ago and claiming those teams have come from nothing and have passed Nebraska.

Really? Haven't we played for conference championships since Bo was here? HELLOOOO!!!!!

Did I miss something?

Also, Baylor has not played for a Conference Championship

Did I miss something?

Baylor has WON a Conference Championship.

• Fire 1

Did I miss something?

They did, but let's be honest the Big 12 wasn't what it was 3-4 years ago. OU struggled, Texas was down, KSU was down, no Mizzou, no Texas A&M, no Nebraska, and the teams they rbought in (WVU and TCU) had down years.

Did I miss something?

His point was those schools have climbed further in the same six year span.

Did I miss something?

Who did Baylor play in that 13th game that Bo has gotten Nebraska to 3 times?

Did I miss something?

His point was those schools have climbed further in the same six year span.

And where were those schools when Nebraska was runnin a train on college football in the 90's? Looking at it from that perspective is so subjective it's not even worth explaining. Just nitpicking the facts to back up their point. And no one knows where Nebraska, Baylor, and Duke will be in 5 years. My guess is Nebraska will be right where we are now at the very worst, and Baylor and Duke will be right back where they belong-so to speak-once their coaches move on to bigger and better opportunities.

How much success has USC had in that 6 year span? Why cant we compare ourselves to that program past 6 years? Or would that not support the negative agenda?

Why not Florida St prior to this season?

Why not Alabama prior to 2008?

Why not.....................?

Did I miss something?

Who did Baylor play in that 13th game that Bo has gotten Nebraska to 3 times?

Conference Championship Game != Being a Conference Champion.

Sipple can't believe people are allowed to post anonymously on the internet and believes this shouldn't exist.

That's one of the dumber things to come out of a journalists mouth in a long time.

Especially since Steve not only reads message boards, but probably posts on some as well. A majority of sports journalists do in todays age.

Sipple can't believe people are allowed to post anonymously on the internet and believes this shouldn't exist.

That's one of the dumber things to come out of a journalists mouth in a long time.

sipple also had a profound misunderstanding on how deadspin operates. so, he might be a little behind the times.

sipple also had a profound misunderstanding on how deadspin operates. so, he might be a little behind the times.

Even still, as someone who holds a degree in journalism, Sipple had to know on a very fundamental level how completely dumb of a thing that was to say. He all but gave away his credibility and admitted he was a blind program supporter instead on an unbiased arbiter with that statement.

Unless he thinks Mark Twain was an idiot too, then I'm wrong.