***National Championship Discussion Thread***

Excel

BCS National Championship  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Already has someone on my Facebook page post that this game proves the SEC is head and shoulders above everyone else because it took Auburn to play their worst game of the year and FSU playing great to defeat Auburn. And that the only reason Bama lost to Oklahoma was because only other conferences care about those Bowls because unlike the SEC they know they have to win those bowls because they wanna be like the SEC. SEC knows they are the best and only really try to win the BCS :facepalm:

Haha, that's too funny. So the SEC doesn't care that the only meaningful game that an SEC team won this bowl season was basically an old Big XII re-match. And that they are 0-2 in BCS games...they don't mind being embarrassed in the post season? Yeah...right.

Already has someone on my Facebook page post that this game proves the SEC is head and shoulders above everyone else because it took Auburn to play their worst game of the year and FSU playing great to defeat Auburn. And that the only reason Bama lost to Oklahoma was because only other conferences care about those Bowls because unlike the SEC they know they have to win those bowls because they wanna be like the SEC. SEC knows they are the best and only really try to win the BCS :facepalm:

They apparently did not watch this game....FSU played horrible for their standards, and still won, Auburn played good.

That was a great game. I had no rooting interest for either team but wanted a great game. I thought Auburn executed a masterful first half game plan. So I was surprised that Malzahn seemed to take his foot off the gas. Maybe the awesome play of Auburn's defense in the first half caused him to go conservative, thinking he had FSU contained and confused. In contrast, Stoops kept the gas on against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and it paid off. I would have expected Stoops to go conservative with a lead and Malzahn to keep on the gas, so to speak.

Mason played awesome. I was not too impressed by Winston but he got it done in the clutch. Most all these major bowls showed me the trenches are the most important unit. FSU had no pass protection on Winston for most of the game and he was brutal. McCarron was ruined by the rush of OU. OU protected their QB very well and suddenly he is an automatic Heisman contender. Sparty won the trenches against Stanford...Cook made plays and Sparty won the game. Clemson got the better of OSU and Braxton. Clemson's Boyd had protection and Watkins is made into an all world player.

Whether it be Tommy or Johnny next year, if we protect our QB's we will be good. I never thought Taylor got enough protection...against good defenses he was always under a collapsing pocket. And it was nice to see this year some pressure put on the opposing QB with Gregory leading the way. Return to dominant O-Lines and D-Lines and we can be back playing for championships.

My second favorite :facepalm: facebook post I've read so far is

"The only reason Alabama and Auburn lost their bowl games were because they were exhausted after playing in the SEC every week while the other teams are fresh."

Hey Jeff Foxworthy, THIS SHAT is why we call people stupid in the south. That comment alone could give Bill Engvall a new record.

After watching this game I really feel as if we are a lot closer than most people think.

How do you think that? We have a lot of issues to clear up.

We played a Michigan State team that won the Rose Bowl toe-to-toe and probably beat them, maybe by 14+, if we don't have a ton of turnovers to start the game. From what I saw of AU and FSU I honestly believe that Sparty could have given both of those teams a good game if not beat them.

We beat a talented Georgia team that Auburn only beat due to a miracle. Yes, Georgia was beat up but so were we,

We were close to dominating UCLA in the first half before totally imploding in that game, I will blame this on the coaches.

We made a ton of mistakes and have issues that need to be cleaned up but nothing that can't be fixed with good coaching in the off-season. We do that and I see us very capable of winning 10+ games and having a chance to finish in the top 10 at the end of the season.

After watching this game I really feel as if we are a lot closer than most people think.

We played a Michigan State team that won the Rose Bowl toe-to-toe and probably beat them, maybe by 14+, if we don't have a ton of turnovers to start the game. From what I saw of AU and FSU I honestly believe that Sparty could have given both of those teams a good game if not beat them.

We beat a talented Georgia team that Auburn only beat due to a miracle. Yes, Georgia was beat up but so were we,

We were close to dominating UCLA in the first half before totally imploding in that game, I will blame this on the coaches.

We made a ton of mistakes and have issues that need to be cleaned up but nothing that can't be fixed with good coaching in the off-season. We do that and I see us very capable of winning 10+ games and having a chance to finish in the top 10 at the end of the season.

and all these points are filled with "ifs and buts"......therein lies the problem...the good teams play the whole game!........all of it!!

and all these points are filled with "ifs and buts"......therein lies the problem...the good teams play the whole game!........all of it!!

That was my point. Our most complete game was against Georgia and we knocked off a very solid team that should have beat Auburn. When we put it together we have a very good team.

That was my point. Our most complete game was against Georgia and we knocked off a very solid team that should have beat Auburn. When we put it together we have a very good team.

We lose to Georgia by 100 if it doesn't rain. Ask Ed Cunningham. He will straighten you out.

you keep missing the point! we don't "put it together" consistently.....therefore we are a half assed team!.... not even top 25.

• Fire 1