New DB Coach Search

I am not going to get into what may or may not have happened on Marvin's departure, but I do know that he and Ron Brown were the only 2 guys that I desperately wanted Bo to hire and to keep on staff forever. In fact, I would have been fine with either one of them eventually becoming HC material.

As mentioned on 1620, Marvin and Bo are very, very close, but Marvin is in California in a very good situation, making good money, living near beach......... would he be interested in coming back to a place where the HC is pressumably on the hot-seat going into next year ? Marvin may say thanks but no thanks.....sit back, coach big time HS in Cally, enjoy weather.

I would love Marvin, just not sure it will happen. Although many so-called media close to Husker football keep throwing his name around.

If Nebraska wants Sanders & we can't beat out a high school team for his services, then there's a serious problem.

I hope, if it is a "proven" guy it is Sanders. Our pass D was incredible during his tenure. It also helped have NFL talent across the board. I liked his physical style of DB play. It really helps our pass D when WR's and TE's are knocked off their routes, onto the ground or out of bounds. I remember Raymond saying "that type of play" won't work in the B1G as it will draw flags. I then watched our first year in as our DB's got knocked around. After a few years in the B1G, I have also come to realize that the refs don't have flags. If they do, they are used sparingly as if only so many are allowed per game...........

I am not going to get into what may or may not have happened on Marvin's departure, but I do know that he and Ron Brown were the only 2 guys that I desperately wanted Bo to hire and to keep on staff forever. In fact, I would have been fine with either one of them eventually becoming HC material.

As mentioned on 1620, Marvin and Bo are very, very close, but Marvin is in California in a very good situation, making good money, living near beach......... would he be interested in coming back to a place where the HC is pressumably on the hot-seat going into next year ? Marvin may say thanks but no thanks.....sit back, coach big time HS in Cally, enjoy weather.

I would love Marvin, just not sure it will happen. Although many so-called media close to Husker football keep throwing his name around.

If Nebraska wants Sanders & we can't beat out a high school team for his services, then there's a serious problem.

There is a certain quality of life that Marvin may enjoy in California. There is a reason 8 kajillion people live there.

And theres also money, & I don't see how he could possibly be making nearly as much at a high school as he would coaching at Nebraska. Sanders has already proven himself as a competent DB coach, if we had to pay him a little extra he's worth it

I am sure he would make more money at Nebraska, but he probably makes good money as a high school coach in Cali. I know that many of the top high school coaches in Texas make 6-figures, and they just coach football, there is no teaching aspect to it.

I am playing devil's advocate, but maybe Marvin enjoys the stability that being a high school coach can offer. A college football coach has a huge time requirement, traveling around recruiting kids, and other factors that Sanders may be just sick of that grind. He could have a good life and ride off into the sunset as high school coach in Cali.