New DB Coach Search

If he's currently making 6 figures I suppose he would have reason to stay in California...I didn't know that some high school football coaches make 6 figures...

100k for a HS coach, I suppose its possible but I doubt it, and if he were to come here and a be a DB coach he would be close to a quarter million per year. 1/4 million in lincoln is a much better quality of life than 100k anywhere in Cali...not griping just trying to make a point! The excuse for weather is weak in my opinion...

A 5A texas coach most definitely makes 6 figures. He also has 2x the assistants that a D1 coach has. All he does is coach FB and if he doesn't make it deep enough into the playoffs for the big boosters, he is out of a job.

Very high stress, high turnover job in Texas.

Assuming we're talking Marvin, he has 9 assistants, same as D1 coach - I think Texas is same way. The others are your freshman/sophomore team coaches which play entirely different games.

Diener in Gardner,KS makes 6 figures as the AD/football coach, and they gave his wife a job as part of the deal to get him out of Salina. It's more common than many think.

Anyway, since when did Nebraska's character barometer for coaches revolve around "another school did it, so we're good"?

No clue what exactly pushed Marvin out in the first place, just responding to the argument. I barely even remember whatever Petrino did :lol:

He really didn't do anything bad at Louisville (that we know of), so I'm guessing they still like him there (possibly obvious at this point). He really did some stupid stuff after he left. He went to the Atlanta Falcons but left there before the season was over to go to to Arky, where he was forced out after the affair became public. But I doubt Louisville has much hope of getting a more established coach so I would think they'd be tickled to have him back.

Anyway, since when did Nebraska's character barometer for coaches revolve around "another school did it, so we're good"?

No clue what exactly pushed Marvin out in the first place, just responding to the argument. I barely even remember whatever Petrino did :lol:

He really didn't do anything bad at Louisville (that we know of), so I'm guessing they still like him there (possibly obvious at this point). He really did some stupid stuff after he left. He went to the Atlanta Falcons but left there before the season was over to go to to Arky, where he was forced out after the affair became public. But I doubt Louisville has much hope of getting a more established coach so I would think they'd be tickled to have him back.

In December 2007, when Petrino abruptly bolted the Atlanta Falcons with three games remaining in his season -- leaving notes in the players' lockers; causing his former defensive coordinator to call him a "coward" who "ruined a bunch of peoples' lives," Jurich told ESPN.com that he was "not totally surprised" because Petrino was "five-for-five" -- in five straight years the coach had pursued another job.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/bobby-petrino-louisville-tom-jurich-mandel/#ixzz2pvNykEv8

Good Read