New DB Coach Search

Any chance of Sanders coming back for more than just DB coach? Sanders can flat out coach and recruit and it seems JP flat out can't. Seems to make sense. Sanders would be a slam dunk at DB coach, so why all the other names floating around? Just throwing some stuff at the wall here.

I don't know where you heard that Sanders can recruit, but the truth is that Sanders is a terrible recruiter. We need people who can recruit and don't embarrass the university on their recruiting trips. Which of course means that Sanders should never be a Husker again.

Not sure of his recruiting ability but do you have something to say?

Let's just say that he can't be trusted with school CC's and women. I am sure you can put the rest of the pieces together.

If we get this guy back, I will be even more excited for this team than I was already! This guy can outright coach.

tn_510x510_sanders_large1_crop_650x440.jpg

Players he has had commit:

Alfonzo Dennard- Pro

Dijon Washington- 4*- didn't do anything here, but he is playing semi-pro football

David Whitmore- 4*- Didn't qualify for grades, may have been a solid player and went JUCO (IWCC). If Sanders was here, he would have came back.

Cory Cooper- Starting Safety- 4*

Josh Mitchell- Starting DB- 3*

Andrew Rodriquez- 4*- Starting OL- Great Senior season

Obviously not everyone you recruit high are going to pan out, but these are just some of what he has gotten here. The guy isn't a "numbers" recruiter, but he has gotten some good talent here.

A-rod was mediocre at best.........great, not even close.

A-rod was mediocre at best.........great, not even close.

I personally think he had a great Senior season. He picked up slack and was the ONLY healthy player who played every game.

So what other than TO changed that will let him come back? My understanding about why he left closed the door on him ever being employed by the university again.

Do you know the actual reason why he left?

If it wasn't criminal, if the CC issues are true and restitution has been met, then give the guy another chance. Keep him on a tight leash. If it was "so horrible" IMO, he would have been criminally charged, no way nothing avoids the internet, he wouldn't have been hired by Carl, then USC and now a HS with the keys to the castle.

You can't even find anything on the web except for his info relating to resigning.

Give the guy a chance. If he gets cleared to be here, good enough for me.

• Fire 2

he wouldn't have been hired by Carl

:blink:

then USC

I don't know what the issue was with his leaving, but it sounded serious enough that I find it hard to believe he's coming back. Interesting. What changed? He didn't get sent packing for nothing.

I have no idea if things have changed. Wishful thinking on my part.

Carl wasn't such a great example in light of recent news!

Ref USC 102-53rd in pass D. 19 INT's vs 9 previous year. Guy can coach. Have to look no closer to 2003, 2009-2010 at NU as well.

I hope we get a guy named sooner than later as signing day gets closer and closer.

I've had second chances in my life.

Lets see how this turns out before we decide the future.

He had great talent his first time around, and boy, was there a noticeable difference once he was gone. I say, give him a chance and welcome back.

If it wasn't criminal, if the CC issues are true and restitution has been met, then give the guy another chance. Keep him on a tight leash. If it was "so horrible" IMO, he would have been criminally charged, no way nothing avoids the internet, he wouldn't have been hired by Carl, then USC and now a HS with the keys to the castle.

You can't even find anything on the web except for his info relating to resigning.

Give the guy a chance. If he gets cleared to be here, good enough for me.

Plenty of stuff can be a fireable offense that excludes rehire, even if its not even remotely criminal. I'm all for him coming back, our defense seemed to take a massive hit after he left. I'm just wondering if TO was the #1 reason why he was forced out to begin with.

then USC

I don't know what the issue was with his leaving, but it sounded serious enough that I find it hard to believe he's coming back. Interesting. What changed? He didn't get sent packing for nothing.

You'd think if it was that severe, it would have been all over the internet, as everything is. The only thing I can find regarding his departure, was for "personal and family reasons". I don't know the actual truth, so its hard for me to say the guy doesn't deserve to come back. And not to be rude, but I am sure that 99% of this board doesn't know the real reason either. Just speculation and believing rumors. I am not saying the rumors aren't true, just that they are just that... rumors.

Who gives a sh#t if he done something unethical when he was here before. The guy can flat out coach and according to some, we need that badly cause the rest of our coaches aren't very well at it.

I wouldn't say that Coach Kaz and Els can't coach, because these are the two categories on defense where we have done well at this past season. The recruiting is and has gotten better, and for the youth, we did exceptionally well.

then USC

You'd think if it was that severe, it would have been all over the internet, as everything is. The only thing I can find regarding his departure, was for "personal and family reasons". I don't know the actual truth, so its hard for me to say the guy doesn't deserve to come back. And not to be rude, but I am sure that 99% of this board doesn't know the real reason either. Just speculation and believing rumors. I am not saying the rumors aren't true, just that they are just that... rumors.

If rumors are actually true, are they still just rumors? Im confused ;)

then USC

Could be a matter of perspective, we have a different AD now, and it isn't like anything was against NCAA rules or illegal. Ya, some may question SE giving Marv another chance but plenty questioned TO's second chances when it comes to players doing stuff way worse than Marv