New DB Coach Search

Ralph had already said he wouldn't be interested.

And here it comes up again. Repeatedly we hammer on Bo for giving gigs to inexperienced coaches yet fans who scream loudest about that are the quickest to forget that when said person is a former Husker player. It's comical.

Lastly Bo had been at the coaches association conference the last couple of days. If earlier plans for the replacement have fell through(which I believe is not the case) many options usually present themselves after this conference.

I made the same point about hiring first time guys is something Bo has done too much. Yet, I also brought up Mike Browns name for the position. Kind of contradictory but my second point was, who gives a sh#t, it's a DB coach. If you're going to get a first time gig, I'd rather it be at DB coach than OC and DC. So I see your point, but I also see the thought of "you have to start somewhere". Being a former Husker is just a bonus. Why wouldn't it be?

I can see your point. However what's another thing folks clamor at?? Bo needs proven recruiters on this staff. And that right there eliminates pretty much every ex husker. Mike is one of my favorites of all time but the majority of kids wouldn't know a ton about him and his exploits.

As for others that have been mentioned.

Warfield was just on staff as a defensive intern. However how would he recruit considering his driving restrictions.

Keyou Craver is here in town. He told me is doing youth work at a local school. Again great guy, not a coach.

Ralph Brown comes from Cali to help do the channel 8 sports stuff on game days. Had said he had no interest.

Groce, I have no idea where he it's or what he is up to.

Mike Minter is coaching but is relatively new to it. Recruiting at this level would be new. Not familiar with Bo's concepts and schemes. While him coming back probably would help Jr pull his head out of his ass, that situation alone is probably more of a distraction than even he wants to deal with along with coaching responsibilities here.

Marvin knows his sh#t. Marvin is a poor, borderline lazy recruiter. Marvin had the ties. Marvin has a fate that isn't in Bo's hands.

Ralph had already said he wouldn't be interested.

And here it comes up again. Repeatedly we hammer on Bo for giving gigs to inexperienced coaches yet fans who scream loudest about that are the quickest to forget that when said person is a former Husker player. It's comical.

Lastly Bo had been at the coaches association conference the last couple of days. If earlier plans for the replacement have fell through(which I believe is not the case) many options usually present themselves after this conference.

I made the same point about hiring first time guys is something Bo has done too much. Yet, I also brought up Mike Browns name for the position. Kind of contradictory but my second point was, who gives a sh#t, it's a DB coach. If you're going to get a first time gig, I'd rather it be at DB coach than OC and DC. So I see your point, but I also see the thought of "you have to start somewhere". Being a former Husker is just a bonus. Why wouldn't it be?

the thought you have to start somewhere is also a great contradictory pint among fans. To many times I've read that NU should NOT be a learn in the job place. Regardless of the position. But hey, NU fans aren't fickle like that right???

I can see your side of things, trust me. It's just one of those things where I don't know how much influence an old dog would have. Almost seems like a guy that has been around the block a few times might have some things to tell Bo, and Bo may not like to be told. I just remember a guy like Ekeler. Young dude, great coach, but very animated and excited. I think a former Husker could bring some of that fire to, once again, a position in which we need more of a recruiter.

Hell you know better than me man. So let's take your point you keep pounding the f#*k out of. No on the job learning here. Well, bye entire coaching staff.

Wow I bring up the learning on the job issue one time, a point so many posters have harped on in the past, you included probably considering your response and you flip out. My point was fans probably have no idea what they want for a coach when they contradict themselves so much.

Settle down Francis.

Hell you know better than me man. So let's take your point you keep pounding the f#*k out of. No on the job learning here. Well, bye entire coaching staff.

Wow I bring up the learning on the job issue one time, a point so many posters have harped on in the past, you included probably considering your response and you flip out. My point was fans probably have no idea what they want for a coach when they contradict themselves so much.

Settle down Francis.

I don't think I'm the one flipping out Francine. I'm watching a Denver game, which we are winning, enjoying some brews. You seem to be the one that gets their Crewe Panties wadded quite frequently actually. Your point was fans contradict their contradictions which contradicts all previous contradictions about fans contradictions right? Okay. We agree then.

• Fire 1
Hire Sanders. Fans are happy. He is a Husker guy. He gets "it". He can coach his a$$ off. Smart recruits will look at the guys he has coached and realized he can get you to the big time. He knows Bo and the system. No slow down to learn.

Agreed. Guy can coach. If its not sanders, my second choice is bullocks. Another guy who knows bo's System