New DB Coach Search

Just becuase we as fans havent heard an official announcement doesnt mean it's not taken care of. What give's us the right that we have to be notified of ever little move as it happens. We'll know at the signing day presser. That's the next set time Bo addresses the media. He will discuss this recruiting class as well as all offseason roster and coaching moves-transfers, dismissals, hirings, firings, etc.

What are the chances that the Huskers will hire a new DB coach before recruits have to turn in their letters of intent?

50/50.

Before LOIs in Febuary? 100%

My guess is if we don't hear soon, then Sanders is likely not the candidate for whatever reason. If he has been selected already, I see no reason why the job posting wouldn't be out there now.

Just becuase we as fans havent heard an official announcement doesnt mean it's not taken care of. What give's us the right that we have to be notified of ever little move as it happens. We'll know at the signing day presser. That's the next set time Bo addresses the media. He will discuss this recruiting class as well as all offseason roster and coaching moves-transfers, dismissals, hirings, firings, etc.

But... we're the fans. We are entitled to know everything that goes on the minute it happens, blah blah blah...

Ralph had already said he wouldn't be interested.

And here it comes up again. Repeatedly we hammer on Bo for giving gigs to inexperienced coaches yet fans who scream loudest about that are the quickest to forget that when said person is a former Husker player. It's comical.

Lastly Bo had been at the coaches association conference the last couple of days. If earlier plans for the replacement have fell through(which I believe is not the case) many options usually present themselves after this conference.

• Fire 3

But... we're the fans. We are entitled to know everything that goes on the minute it happens, blah blah blah...

The state pays him millions of dollars yada yada yada

And here it comes up again. Repeatedly we hammer on Bo for giving gigs to inexperienced coaches yet fans who scream loudest about that are the quickest to forget that when said person is a former Husker player. It's comical.

Lastly Bo had been at the coaches association conference the last couple of days. If earlier plans for the replacement have fell through(which I believe is not the case) many options usually present themselves after this conference.

Thanks Crewe. You reiterated my point.

Bo's got no experience. Fire him. Get Scott Frost. LOL. That notion was always comical too.

I do get it thought. I understand the infatuation with the "Nebraska guy" concept. We had one the best coaches ever, and he was born and raised in this state, and he was here for this program and school for nearly 40 years of work in different positions. But we gotta realize that it wasnt that way before and it hasnt been that way since, and it's not that way anywhere else either. We gotta get over this "Nebraska guy" obsession and get the best man possible, which right now is Marvin Sanders.

I know Craver and Groce do not coach (that I know of?). It was a smart ass comment in reply to those who always throw out names of former players and such.

I made the same point about hiring first time guys is something Bo has done too much. Yet, I also brought up Mike Browns name for the position. Kind of contradictory but my second point was, who gives a sh#t, it's a DB coach. If you're going to get a first time gig, I'd rather it be at DB coach than OC and DC. So I see your point, but I also see the thought of "you have to start somewhere". Being a former Husker is just a bonus. Why wouldn't it be?

Ron Zook? Great recruiter, good coach as long as it's not head coach.Coached Bo at OSU. Just throwing it out there.

That would be epic! Can recruit like a mother, I loved the idea of him as the DC,a couple years back.

I would like this and was hoping for Zook as DC when Carl left...but IIRC Zook has a soft recruiting coordinator position that he'd likely not want to give up.

According to this, he hasn't coached for 2 seasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Zook

Thanks. For some reason, I remembered reading he was part of one of the SEC school's stable of recruiting coordinators.

Still think he would be worth looking up. Or Carl, if he isn't too busy.

But you're operating from the premise that the arguments have to maintain logic. Why would they have to do that? ;)