New DB Coach Search

Just got an update from EZ on the DB coach. I won't share until it is official. Sure do miss having EZ on the board. He's been very solid in his info. I think he has this one correct as well.

I've kind of been hoping the EZ would be the new DB coach...just because. I missed the hubbub...what happened to EZ?

Last contact I had was back toward the end of Nov and he was a little miffed at the negative nancys but didn't say he was taking a break or anything. I figured he was busy with work that time of year. Maybe he was attacked by one of the metros 3 active serial killers and thrown in that set of trees down my Shenandoah where they found all the dead hookers a few years back.

Whose names are being thrown around?

I don't think they know who the serial killers are or they'd arrest them.

247 is saying watch for Barron Miles to get it.

That would surprise me a little base on the fact that Bo stated he wanted someone with a fair amount of college coaching experience. If the coaches aren't getting 2 year contracts I could see this happening. I don't know why he would have ties to Bo other than through maybe RB.

He was a special teams hero for us. Don't know if he could coach that for us or not. If he actually knows anything about it I'd be for him on that alone.

That would surprise me a little base on the fact that Bo stated he wanted someone with a fair amount of college coaching experience. If the coaches aren't getting 2 year contracts I could see this happening. I don't know why he would have ties to Bo other than through maybe RB.

He was a special teams hero for us. Don't know if he could coach that for us or not. If he actually knows anything about it I'd be for him on that alone.

Im really hoping for someone that's gonna land us some big time recruits. I said in another thread that I wasn't overwhelmed by TJs recruits especially the defensive backs. Husker fans admiration for TJ didn't equate to the level of recruits that should come with such thoughts of the guy. Imo

Does Miles have what it takes to be a great recruiter? Bo is going to have his scheme/hand in the DB's, so I wouldn't mind the new DB coach being a killer recruiter.

Agree here. I'm not so worried about coaching the DBs. We've done pretty well with three different coaches. Would love someone who can really recruit.

Last I knew things seemed to be stalled out with Sanders. Don't know if they'll work through the hang up or not. Neither way would surprise me.

This makes sense. Another board speculated that the search has gone "longer" than anticipated rumoring there were issues with the initial contact. Still hope its Sanders.

What is this "other" board you speak of? hmmm

Is it to much to ask for one who can do both? Miles was a great Husker, but again with the training ground. He was a beast in the CFL, but does that translate to great coaching? Same with Frost as OC. There are other Huskers with coaching experience. If it has to be a Husker, look for one of them. IMO, a "BIG TIME" hire, right before the recruiting period starts would be huge IMO.

Last I knew things seemed to be stalled out with Sanders. Don't know if they'll work through the hang up or not. Neither way would surprise me.

This makes sense. Another board speculated that the search has gone "longer" than anticipated rumoring there were issues with the initial contact. Still hope its Sanders.

What is this "other" board you speak of? hmmm

The other one some are on and some lurk! Unsure the proper way to post other board stuff. If in violation, please let me know. Thx

Is it to much to ask for one who can do both? Miles was a great Husker, but again with the training ground. He was a beast in the CFL, but does that translate to great coaching? Same with Frost as OC. There are other Huskers with coaching experience. If it has to be a Husker, look for one of them. IMO, a "BIG TIME" hire, right before the recruiting period starts would be huge IMO.

Please, i wish you guys would do research before making comments. Miles has been in coaching for a few years now. He has coaching experience, maybe not recruiting experience, but he is a coach.

Now is he the best possibility? Imo no, but does have some coaching experience.

Please, i wish you guys would do research before making comments. Miles has been in coaching for a few years now. He has coaching experience, maybe not recruiting experience, but he is a coach.

Now is he the best possibility? Imo no, but does have some coaching experience.

2 years in the CFL? I would still like a guy with more. NU fans will recognize the name immediately, but unsure about the rest of the college world. If true, not the "splash" I was hoping for. I look at who is hiring who in the college football world recently (and firing guys who are not getting it done) and NU sits by and watches schools get further and further ahead........If Barron, hopefully he will be like Fish and be one that is a keeper. Just think in Bo's "do or die year" (my opinion) he needs to bring in a ringer, make adjustments and possibly let guys go.