New DB Coach Search

They can advertise for X amount of time but still hire before X amount of time is up can't they?

Not officially.

Right. So they could kind of leak things to recruits if need be.

True. But aren't we in a dead period? Kind of hard to leak something when you can't talk to kids.

I believe recruits can initiate a call to us. That would give an opportunity to "leak".

They can advertise for X amount of time but still hire before X amount of time is up can't they?

Not officially.

Right. So they could kind of leak things to recruits if need be.

True. But aren't we in a dead period? Kind of hard to leak something when you can't talk to kids.

I believe recruits can initiate a call to us. That would give an opportunity to "leak".

You are correct. The coaches are also allowed one call to them per week. Tweet or email also acceptable. See article below:

http://atlallday.com/2014/01/06/mark-richt-paul-johnson-talk-new-ncaa-recruiting-rule/

Interesting premium on HuskerOnline about the three DB coaches under Bo. It's a subscription article so I won't post specifics but they broke down the passing yards allowed, completion percentage, TD-INT ratio and passes defended under each of the three guys. Yards per game is all but identical - barely three yards per game separate the high from the low. Completion percentage varies by less than 3%. Really only TD-INT ratio had much of a difference, which is probably expected given the total points given up in different years.

Sanders has a slight edge overall (although he doesn't lead in every category) but the numbers are remarkably similar.

Sanders also had noticeably better-rated recruits during his time here. Not sure if that would be all due to him but just who got here during his time.

Interesting premium on HuskerOnline about the three DB coaches under Bo. It's a subscription article so I won't post specifics but they broke down the passing yards allowed, completion percentage, TD-INT ratio and passes defended under each of the three guys. Yards per game is all but identical - barely three yards per game separate the high from the low. Completion percentage varies by less than 3%. Really only TD-INT ratio had much of a difference, which is probably expected given the total points given up in different years.

Sanders has a slight edge overall (although he doesn't lead in every category) but the numbers are remarkably similar.

Sanders also had noticeably better-rated recruits during his time here. Not sure if that would be all due to him but just who got here during his time.

Did it break down attempts per game. The Big XII seemed to throw ALOT more than the B1G. IMO, I'd take a 50% completion rate when they threw like 40+ times vs opponents throwing 20 times. Our run D has been so much less since 2010, I would think teams passed less against us than when Sanders was here.

I would still take Sanders. Guys seemed to play better. Faster, more aggressive. I also wonder could Sanders have developed guys better than the other 2. SJB, Green, Evans, Mo, PJ etc.....

Did it break down attempts per game. The Big XII seemed to throw ALOT more than the B1G. IMO, I'd take a 50% completion rate when they threw like 40+ times vs opponents throwing 20 times. Our run D has been so much less since 2010, I would think teams passed less against us than when Sanders was here.

I would still take Sanders. Guys seemed to play better. Faster, more aggressive. I also wonder could Sanders have developed guys better than the other 2. SJB, Green, Evans, Mo, PJ etc.....

I didn't break down attempts per game. That's a good point. Would obviously affect yards per game. Completion percentage wouldn't be directly affected unless someone would argue that the Big XII teams were better at passing and thus should have been expected to complete a higher percentage - plausible but I don't have stats for that. TD-INT ratio would only have the same argument as completion percentage. Passes defended stats would benefit Sanders in that case and - while he had a decent lead - was only about one more per game so that stat might be a wash if you adjust for attempts.

Not saying I still wouldn't pick Sanders over the other guys, but the stats weren't as decisive as I would have expected.